Sign in to follow this  
RogerDat

Cannot Stay Stay Signed In To Forum

RogerDat

Every time I sign in now, within a few minuets, it drops me. The report problems keeps showing endless verification about traffic cones, and such. It is broke, I just went thru 6 of them, and the same results.

• Thanks 1

Salty Dog
37 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

Every time I sign in now, within a few minuets, it drops me. The report problems keeps showing endless verification about traffic cones, and such. It is broke, I just went thru 6 of them, and the same results.

I'm don't understand what you mean about report problems and traffic cones. You went through 6 of what...

SkyMan

Grandes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

KID
3 hours ago, RogerDat said:

Every time I sign in now, within a few minuets, it drops me

#METOO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fred42

Signs me out after each visit just lately...Sick of ticking the "remember me" box.

Headshot

The forum is starting to become irksome with the way it is always shutting members (myself included) out. Salty Dog, I already showed you the message that the forum gives. Well, it isn't anything the members are doing, but rather something that has gone horribly wrong with the forum. I really hope that somebody figures this out and gets it sorted soon. I'm tired of the hassle of the forum never remembering me anymore and refusing to let me enter at times. If it is annoying to long-time members, you have to know that new members will likely just give up and find something else to do.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Edwin

#MeToo. It took me almost one second to sign in. This is terrible. It's worse than the end of the world! Waaaaaaa! 

• Haha 2

Headshot
2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

#MeToo. It took me almost one second to sign in. This is terrible. It's worse than the end of the world! Waaaaaaa! 

It shut me out for three days when this bug first appeared... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

JohnSurrey

#MeToo ... suicidal

• Haha 1

Headshot
2 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

#MeToo ... suicidal

Well ... not quite suicidal.

But it did it to me again this evening. It is tiresome not being able to just click the icon and get right into the forum.

Edited by Headshot
  • Haha 1

Salty Dog
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

The forum is starting to become irksome with the way it is always shutting members (myself included) out. Salty Dog, I already showed you the message that the forum gives. Well, it isn't anything the members are doing, but rather something that has gone horribly wrong with the forum. I really hope that somebody figures this out and gets it sorted soon. I'm tired of the hassle of the forum never remembering me anymore and refusing to let me enter at times. If it is annoying to long-time members, you have to know that new members will likely just give up and find something else to do.

Your not being able to login for 3 days was during the migration to the new server last week and has been fixed. The only thing I remember you showing me was that you couldn't ignore someone. As you probably saw in other's posts, it was because those members were logged in anonymously and they were hidden from the Online User list. To fix that I had to make some adjustments, clear the forums cache and then log everyone out. There is no good time to do that. I try to pick a time when there are as few members online as possible. There was a short period where some members might not have been able to login. The auto login feature should be working just fine now. I tested it half a dozen times with more than one account. 

• Thanks 2

Soupeod
1 hour ago, Edwin said:

#metoo

Soupeod
12 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Your not being able to login for 3 days was during the migration to the new server last week and has been fixed. The only thing I remember you showing me was that you couldn't ignore someone. As you probably saw in other's posts, it was because those members were logged in anonymously and they were hidden from the Online User list. To fix that I had to make some adjustments, clear the forums cache and then log everyone out. There is no good time to do that. I try to pick a time when there are as few members online as possible. There was a short period (5-10) where some members might not have been able to login. The auto login feature should be working just fine now. I tested it half a dozen times with more than one account. 

You're obviously falling short of the ex-moderator exceptions.  All is good from my end and thank you for your time.

• Like 2

RogerDuMond

It has done it to me a couple of times. One time I was switching from one topic to another in the CR and I got a "you don't have permission" screen. The forum had logged me out in the middle of going between topics.

Kahuna
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Your not being able to login for 3 days was during the migration to the new server last week and has been fixed. The only thing I remember you showing me was that you couldn't ignore someone. As you probably saw in other's posts, it was because those members were logged in anonymously and they were hidden from the Online User list. To fix that I had to make some adjustments, clear the forums cache and then log everyone out. There is no good time to do that. I try to pick a time when there are as few members online as possible. There was a short period where some members might not have been able to login. The auto login feature should be working just fine now. I tested it half a dozen times with more than one account. 

I'm usually the guy who gets booted out or can't post, so when things are going so well for me it makes me nervous a little, but hopeful that smooth sailing will continue..Thanks Salty! You usually get the job done for me so I know the others will be fine too even if they lack patience and understanding . :rolleyes::)  :wink: