Sign in to follow this  
yingy52

PLDT or Globe

yingy52
On 10/16/2018 at 4:14 PM, yingy52 said:

I'll find out tomorrow. Globe is coming to install their stuff. I got the 50 mbps unli with landline and Wifi for P3,000. Didn't fall for their 24 month lock up promo.

It's Thursday now and still don't have Globe service. They showed up on Wed. and said something was wrong with the box on the pole. My gf texted them today and they said they will be out tomorrow to check into it. Glad I didn't cancel the PLDT prematurely.

colemanlee

I've had PLDT for several years, in several different residences..fiber optic.  I have zero complaints with them.  Usually get 50 up and 50 down...when I first got here had Globe..which rarely worked.

• Like 1

Bama
10 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

I've had PLDT for several years, in several different residences..fiber optic.  I have zero complaints with them.  Usually get 50 up and 50 down...when I first got here had Globe..which rarely worked.

As you know CL I have been looking to get PLDT for almost a year.

Come to find out that one of their hubs is on a pole right in front of my house !!!! Techs tell me that the box is full and a refurb is in works.Be patient they tell me---so I will.

TimL

Just tried to get Globe. All they have available is a 5 mbps connection. Maybe more in the future. 🙄🙄🙄

RogerDuMond
7 hours ago, TimL said:

Just tried to get Globe. All they have available is a 5 mbps connection.

Are you sure? I live out in the province where there are no hard wire connections and I have a Globe 10 Mbps download plan that consistently gives me 10.1 Mbps download speed.

Edited by RogerDuMond

Jawny

I’d be curious exactly what plan and devices Globe offers for provincial customers.  I’ve had a Globe plan which uses an antenna and router.  A while back when the router failed, the technician was able to find an old router and replace it.  What he wanted to do was have me switch to a pocket WiFi device.  Won’t pick up a signal where I live.

We have fiber optic as well as wired Globe systems going right pat our property but we can’t get them to connect us.

TimL
7 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Are you sure? I live out in the province where there are no hard wire connections and I have a Globe 10 Mbps download plan that consistently gives me 10.1 Mbps download speed.

Yes, I’m positive. I found it rather hard to believe also.

Enuff
Yes, I’m positive. I found it rather hard to believe also.
Believe it or not I live in Liloan and I can only get 5 Mbps from Globe too.

Pldt has fibre but the last 4 times the installers have come they've informed us there is no room in the box.

I'm assuming they are looking for some sort of gratuity to "fit us in" but they don't know how this is gonna go, they ain't getting shit except wasted time.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

MickyG

Thing is as many more convert to PLDT fiber it meas less use the old copper connection so it less cluttered and more efficient. they just put in Fiber lines outside our house saturday. i will let the neighbours hook up and take a more efficient copper connection as less will be using it

RogerDuMond

This is in the province with just a Globe LTE modem on their 10 Mbps plan, just done now. The modem sits in the front window, facing south with no external antenna.

1956418412_Screenshot_2018-10-23SpeedtestbyOokla-TheGlobalBroadbandSpeedTest.thumb.png.3cf561ee52c6854c2b08e252c1ac0651.png

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 3

Davaoeno
5 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

This is in the province with just a Globe LTE modem on their 10 Mbps plan, just done now. The modem sits in the front window, facing south with no external antenna.

1956418412_Screenshot_2018-10-23SpeedtestbyOokla-TheGlobalBroadbandSpeedTest.thumb.png.3cf561ee52c6854c2b08e252c1ac0651.png

Please run Speedtest with a couple of non Globe  companies 

I have SKY cable and I never run the Speedtest using Sky !!  hehe

Edited by Davaoeno

Salty Dog
1 minute ago, Davaoeno said:

speed.JPG

:P

yingy52
5 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I have SKY cable and I never run the Speedtest using Sky !!  hehe

Globe guys showed up today and did their thing and said the best they can give me is 15 mbps for 1899 per month with wifi and a ndd phone dsl. I'm only getting 10 with PLDT for 2,900 so I'm going to make the switch.

I'd like to go with Sky because the lines are already installed in my subdivision but I need a landline cuz I don't own a cell phone. 

Bama
36 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

speed.JPG

:P

Show off !!! LOL.

• Haha 1

RogerDuMond
38 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

1584524333_Screenshot_2018-10-23SpeedtestbyOokla-TheGlobalBroadbandSpeedTest.thumb.png.da9a2717175994cc324d563c60bcd0c4.png

334725266_Screenshot_2018-10-23SpeedtestbyOokla-TheGlobalBroadbandSpeedTest.png.89460094deb68ecc059bb82f8b959816.png

• Like 1