yingy52
6 hours ago, Enuff said:

Believe it or not I live in Liloan and I can only get 5 Mbps from Globe too.

Pldt has fibre but the last 4 times the installers have come they've informed us there is no room in the box.

I'm assuming they are looking for some sort of gratuity to "fit us in" but they don't know how this is gonna go, they ain't getting shit except wasted time.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

I don't really need high speed. I usually just download the late night talk shows and tv shows that I like like Survivor and Gold Rush etc. Globe guys also told us we have the wrong box so I'm assuming Globe hasn't extended their line far enough to reach us even though they advertise that they can.  

Cgu
6 hours ago, yingy52 said:

I don't really need high speed.

If you don't need high speed then I would suggest go for wireless (like some of the members here). PLDT fibr (or fiber) is only available within the city agglomeration and limited supply - is expensive for them to roll out (up north they reached Liloan and south I think Naga). Sometimes they offer µCan's access via Copper, but I think they did not roll out it here in Cebu yet.

With W- just use an app to measure where you get the best connection and best provider (I use cellmapper, but there are others. You can even follow the hand overs of the towers while driving). That also gives you insight where the towers are (but you can sport them easily at night anyway) and might help you decide if you can get a better the signal with an antenna. Smart or Globe is normally the way to go. 

soupeod
13 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

This is in the province with just a Globe LTE modem on their 10 Mbps plan, just done now. The modem sits in the front window, facing south with no external antenna.

1956418412_Screenshot_2018-10-23SpeedtestbyOokla-TheGlobalBroadbandSpeedTest.thumb.png.3cf561ee52c6854c2b08e252c1ac0651.png

I have the same in Leyte... no issues.  The landlord has an internet cafe with the PLDT 50meg package.

soupeod
7 hours ago, yingy52 said:

I don't really need high speed. I usually just download the late night talk shows and tv shows that I like like Survivor and Gold Rush etc. Globe guys also told us we have the wrong box so I'm assuming Globe hasn't extended their line far enough to reach us even though they advertise that they can.  

My BIL in Cavite has 50meg...not sure through whom though. 

yingy52
15 hours ago, soupeod said:

My BIL in Cavite has 50meg...not sure through whom though. 

I use only a desktop. I'm too stupid to use cell phones. They can only give me 15 and it will be DSL. Still about P1k cheaper than PLDT.

yingy52

Finally got my Globe installed today. It's 15 plus a few. 20 bucks cheaper than PLDT.

Woolf
13 minutes ago, yingy52 said:

Finally got my Globe installed today. It's 15 plus a few. 20 bucks cheaper than PLDT.

so  how much do you pay  what plan is it ??

TimL

Honestly, all these tests are pretty useless when you’re testing from globe to globe or another provider within PH. Most internet content isn’t in PH, short of news sites, Lazada etc. 

Let’s see some speed tests to the US, Europe etc. 🙄

RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, TimL said:

Honestly, all these tests are pretty useless when you’re testing from globe to globe or another provider within PH. Most internet content isn’t in PH, short of news sites, Lazada etc. 

284240366_miamispeedtest.png.b3957f06289a9b328c540ba2505857e4.png

1649012648_Romespeedtest.thumb.png.00551c5d9520c94e064b407d574c55f0.png

• Thanks 1

TimL
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

284240366_miamispeedtest.png.b3957f06289a9b328c540ba2505857e4.png

1649012648_Romespeedtest.thumb.png.00551c5d9520c94e064b407d574c55f0.png

Nice. You’re pretty consistent around 10 mbps. My sky connection drops severely getting to the US most of the time.

• Like 1

yingy52
22 hours ago, Woolf said:

so  how much do you pay  what plan is it ??

Paid P1899. Still getting 15 plus. Don't know the exact plan but it's on Globe.com. My gf takes care of the details and her and my son went to Puregold to get some taco seasoning.

As far as I know it's the 10/15/20 plan.unlimited. When I run a speed test to Portland Oregon I still get just under 15. 

Very good deal so far. 

yingy52
5 hours ago, TimL said:

Google speedtest and there are some that measure it from the UK. and the US. Even Netflix has a test site.

yingy52
19 hours ago, TimL said:

To the US

Xfinity_Speed_Test_-_2018-10-27_06.15.39.png

• Like 1