yingy52

I've had good and bad experiences with both. After 6 years with PLDT I'm switching back to Globe bukas. Too many disconnect with PLDT lately.

smokey

Same owners. All in the family

Bama
11 minutes ago, smokey said:

Same owners. All in the family

Exactly right.

family.jpg.2a8e3ee90d9c6c9bf7630f7f3adadc74.jpg

rfm010

Why not wait to see about the new telecom?  Ok maybe forever is a long wait but i'm not making changes that tie me down with penalties until i see what is going to be available.  Did upgrade my pldt unlimited dsl to the second lowest speed.  Daughter told me to keep on them or they would never make the change so i had to get on their facebook page and make smartass comments to all their promo posts last xmas/new years until they got the job done.  As for globe they've brought in cable but there is a balikbayan couple here who tried to set up a bill payment center here with a globe connection.  Every afternoon when it rained the connection would fail and customers got tired of being told come back tomorrow.  So i'm waiting on the new competition before making any big changes.

yingy52
35 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

Why not wait to see about the new telecom?  Ok maybe forever is a long wait but i'm not making changes that tie me down with penalties until i see what is going to be available.  Did upgrade my pldt unlimited dsl to the second lowest speed.  Daughter told me to keep on them or they would never make the change so i had to get on their facebook page and make smartass comments to all their promo posts last xmas/new years until they got the job done.  As for globe they've brought in cable but there is a balikbayan couple here who tried to set up a bill payment center here with a globe connection.  Every afternoon when it rained the connection would fail and customers got tired of being told come back tomorrow.  So i'm waiting on the new competition before making any big changes.

With the red tape the new company will have to go through, my 13 year old son might see it happening maybe in his 30's. I'll just go on with the switch as planned. 

• Like 1

wondersailor

I can well understand why many would think they are owned by the same company, lousy service no matter which you use.

• Like 3

JohnSurrey

We have a phone with two sim cards...

Can depend on the coverage near your location... pldt is poor in the town but a few miles up the road it's great - Globe is average in the town and average up the road...etc.

yingy52

I'll find out tomorrow. Globe is coming to install their stuff. I got the 50 mbps unli with landline and Wifi for P3,000. Didn't fall for their 24 month lock up promo.

Enuff

Globe or PLDT

Hmmmm

You wanna get kicked in the nuts or punched?

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

wondersailor

And adding only a third company will do nothing for the consumer. They will fall in line with the two we have and nothing will improve except we will have another company from whom we can choose who scrwws us 

• Like 1

wondersailor

And adding only a third company will do nothing for the consumer. They will fall in line with the two we have and nothing will improve except we will have another company from whom we can choose who screws us 

Kabisay-an gid
4 hours ago, wondersailor said:

And adding only a third company will do nothing for the consumer. They will fall in line with the two we have and nothing will improve except we will have another company from whom we can choose who screws us 

PLDT or Globe would most likely simply acquire any newcomer, like when PLDT bought Sun in 2011.

Goetz1965

I go with Globe for 4 years now - never really had big problems with them.
I have 3 postpaid contracts running - 2 mobiles and 1 internet at home. 

When I noticed that I got scammed on my mobiles for apps and services that I never booked but should have downloaded I had to go to the globe store in SM City about 4-5 times - complaining that and see they know this kind of scam so I never had discussions - I got the money refunded and this service got blocked. Now for over a year I never got scammed again.

My Internet runs pretty fast - sure I paid the guys to install it a 100php each - and thus they know me as a nice guy.
When I had a problem with internet calling the hotline didnt work at all. So I drove to sm city and had them open a service ticket. They told me it can take 3-4 days until a technician is out - but next day 10am the guys showed up already and fixed it. Always "make friends" with the workers doing the real work - they are the ones to know and fix your problems.

wondersailor
10 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

I go with Globe for 4 years now - never really had big problems with them.
I have 3 postpaid contracts running - 2 mobiles and 1 internet at home. 

When I noticed that I got scammed on my mobiles for apps and services that I never booked but should have downloaded I had to go to the globe store in SM City about 4-5 times - complaining that and see they know this kind of scam so I never had discussions - I got the money refunded and this service got blocked. Now for over a year I never got scammed again.

My Internet runs pretty fast - sure I paid the guys to install it a 100php each - and thus they know me as a nice guy.
When I had a problem with internet calling the hotline didnt work at all. So I drove to sm city and had them open a service ticket. They told me it can take 3-4 days until a technician is out - but next day 10am the guys showed up already and fixed it. Always "make friends" with the workers doing the real work - they are the ones to know and fix your problems.

The installers for Pldt in my area demands 10,000p to find a slot and " make friends". This is for free installation. He has been known to come down to 8,000p. The local office is aware of it and does nothing.

Edited by wondersailor