6 minutes ago, Lee said:

Any military so I was told.

Hmmm  well

I spent 7 years in the danish airforce  from feb 2, 1962 to feb,  1969

it is so long time ago that I have almost forgotten

I wonder if I could apply ?????

Edited by Woolf
cookie47
Have you been in any military, if yes then you only need to put down $1,500 for the SRRV.
Or your wife can apply for her SRRV if she holds dual citizenship and put you as secondary, also I believe $1,500 and a small fee for you, ask them at the SRRV office for the exact numbers, they gave me this info in March but my memory is terrible these days.
Lee, thanks for the info. unfortunately no military service whatsoever so that direction is of no help. The closest i got was to arrive in Australia in 1971 @23 where friends got called up for Vietnam. Fortunately as i couldn't be a Citizen immediately i was lucky..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Lee, thanks for the info. unfortunately no military service whatsoever so that direction is of no help. The closest i got was to arrive in Australia in 1971 @23 where friends got called up for Vietnam. Fortunately as i couldn't be a Citizen immediately i was lucky..

Then you could look into having your wife apply with you secondary. 

I guess we are going off topic here, so if a person gets an SRRV then they would be able to get PhiliHealth, which is the topic, I do not wish to mess it up too much but I need to answer one more post, I will make a new topic for that. 

• Like 1
RogerDat
6 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Thanks Goetz for that info.
I still may struggle with some of those requirements.

Passport. Yes

Local ATM card. Yes

House ownership, definitely NO (has to be in wife's name).

Utility bills NO all in wife's name

I'm currently waiting for the Barangay captain to see if he will issue a local Resident ID...

I'll keep you informed

How to get a Cedula:

Go to your local government office (barangay, municipal, or city hall) where CTCs are issued.

Fill out the application slip, submit, and pay the required amount.  The fee will depend on how much salary you are going to declare on the application slip.  Wait for the issuing officer to give you your CTC.

Sign and affix your thumbprint on the spaces provided on the CTC.

The Cedula is valid until the last day of the year when it was acquired.

City hall may be best bet if your BC is holding you hostage. he is ignorant, but don't tell him that. If you are over 60, your yearly tax is P5 like mine. Do NOT tell them your net worth.

• Like 1
cookie47
How to get a Cedula:
Go to your local government office (barangay, municipal, or city hall) where CTCs are issued.
Fill out the application slip, submit, and pay the required amount.  The fee will depend on how much salary you are going to declare on the application slip.  Wait for the issuing officer to give you your CTC.
Sign and affix your thumbprint on the spaces provided on the CTC.
The Cedula is valid until the last day of the year when it was acquired.
City hall may be best bet if your BC is holding you hostage. he is ignorant, but don't tell him that. If you are over 60, your yearly tax is P5 like mine. Do NOT tell them your net worth.
Another option and direction, wonderful help,and yes over 60 years. ,(71).....

• Like 1
Goetz1965

Utility Bill just use a Postpaid contract - I gusee you all use a cellphone - just get a postpaid contract with your company - and hey you have a utility bill in your name !

• Like 1
On 10/12/2018 at 8:28 AM, cookie47 said:

I'm wondering now if they really want me to live here injecting zillions of Pesos to the economy or not....

If you plan to "inject zillions o pesos" you should not have any problems getting your problems solved! 

On the other hand, why not just get a proper residency visa if you do plan to live in the Philippines. If you don't then just drive on your home country license. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, cookie47 said:

As the account is so new we haven't seen a statement yet but i will work on it.

Sounds like you are pretty freshly new here in the Philippines.

For a while sir. Nothing happens here over night. 

deep breaths. 

16 minutes ago, Rambutan said:

then just drive on your home country license.

you can do that legally for 90 days only

cookie47
If you plan to "inject zillions o pesos" you should not have any problems getting your problems solved! 
On the other hand, why not just get a proper residency visa if you do plan to live in the Philippines. If you don't then just drive on your home country license. 

Well I do appreciate your comments.
as i do from all members.

However...

I do in principle have a residency visa. (or sorts).
Its called Balakbayan.(allowed to reside 12 months if married to a Philipina) But, issues crop up in regards to drivers license and other local laws and requirements when on a Balakbayan Privilege. My next move will be a 13a..
In regards to drivers licence i and mostly others can use overseas licence for 3 months.That's time span has now expired.

Yes, i could probably get away with it and use it longer, however i would be in big trouble if caught and would probably be an issue in an insurance claim /roadside stop.

Also I'm trying to be a a good citizen, (yeh sounds a bit bullshit but that's how i am), and complying with local laws. I've been visiting since the 1984 and could get anything i wanted "under the table" in the early days.and I mean ANYTHING....

However our full time retirement residency was a somewhat quick and change of direction decision. My comment regarding spending Zillions was an off the cuff remark but well founded IMHO having injected somewhat a lot of funds over the years sending family members to University' but something I've enjoyed, having had no children of our own. Anyway I'll stop rambling or I'll be off topic..
Regards......

Davaoeno
36 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

My comment regarding spending Zillions was an off the cuff remark

besides a zillion is nowhere's near as much as it used to be in the old days !! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
SkyMan
On 10/13/2018 at 4:23 PM, MickyG said:

If you have a local ATM card do you not have a bank statement?

On 10/13/2018 at 4:29 PM, cookie47 said:

Yes, your correct. Good thinking, my wife is the principal account holder, but i have a card with my name. As the account is so new we haven't seen a statement yet but i will work on it.
Thanks.....

I've never received a bank statement here.  I can go online and download my BPI statement but they never send them.

• Like 1
cookie47
I've never received a bank statement here.  I can go online and download my BPI statement but they never send them.
Yes, thanks that's probably what will happen. We're used to that method. Just a matter of signing up for internet banking....