Phil Health Insurance Update

cookie47

Hi All,

For those that may have read my saga in the visa and drivers licence threads the issues

continue.

Background...

Firstly i can't get a drivers license as i fall outside regulations regarding Balakbayan Privilege.

I can get an ACR card but i have to go to Manila. (not issued to a Balakbayan in Cebu)...

Now, due to my wife now gathering all her necessary paperwork (New computer generated birth certificate, I. D card from local government office, and Seniors card we called into the Philhealth office.

After form filling my wife was advised all ok, done,

Then to complete the transaction i was asked for my ACR card. NAH.

haven't got one other than a going to Manila. Been to BI.

Phoned head office, NAH.

Lady says, What's a Balakbayan Privilege?????.

Explain,, AGAIN.......

SO,

Can't drive, (which in fact now I've lost interest and doesn't bother me as we've found a lovely trycicle driver who will pick us up for the shops, and a Grab car who will do fixed price day hire)..

No ACR card (which would be nice for ID),

No Philhealth...

I'm wondering now if they really want me to live here injecting zillions of Pesos to the economy or not....

Now seriously thinking of doing a "Visa" run to Australia (next year) and applying for a 13a in Australia at the same time.

Of coarse as with the drivers licence issue i was encouraged on this forum to try another office/location but this running around is getting tiring.... By the time i get Philhealth i will probably need it haha.....

Also i might now take up HTMs original advice and take out private cover in PH which is not much more cost as my Australian PRIVATE cover that I have fortunately financially kept current. I did email them and they said they will cover me (as long as the premium is paid) on "arrival" in Australia,, IF I'm capable of getting there... Not a preferred option.. For a major emergency..

Cheers.....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Soupeod

I got my acr card on my tourist visa.

Maybe get the hell out of Cebu?

• Like 4
cookie47

Yes i was told to "convert" to a Tourist Visa,, if that's even possible?? as I'm guessing that having been on a Balakbayan all my previous visits questions may be asked. I don't know.
Its strange, on the surface a Balakbayan privilege seems a great way to reside, but i can assure you that it has issues,..... and find that being married to a Philipina for 20 years has less attributes than a Tourist visa.

Goetz1965

Firstly i can't get a drivers license as i fall outside regulations regarding Balakbayan Privilege.

Why that ? And why you then keep this status instead of using a easier way ?

I can get an ACR card but i have to go to Manila. (not issued to a Balakbayan in Cebu)...
I wonder if that is true as the BI in J Centre Mall is the Main office in Cebu.
Did you have a talk about that Acri problem with the head of immigration there (the nice lady) ?
I dont think that all foreigners with same status than you will travel to manila every year for that ...
I would talk to her and let her show me the passage in the regulations.

And if all that is true - why you invest your TIME and health in that any longer ?
Find a decent VISA Agency that will handle it - pay them - wait a while - DONE

• Like 1
cookie47

Well regarding the drivers licence it is true, why would i say otherwise.
My wife and i had a LONG talk to the "nice" lady at JMall LTO who was very firm that as i NOW cannot Show 12 months remaining on my visa?? (Balakbayan) I DO NOT QUALIFY for a conversion.
I have to depart from the Philippines and apply WITHIN 1 month of re entering.
That's the rules, Woolf has posted the regulations on this site.
Yes i may "try" another office for another opinion but as yet I'm not bothered..

Why would i use a visa agency unless i wanted (if possible to change to a Tourist visa). To me a backward step in some ways but yes could help in getting an ACR card.

And from the senior officer at the BI at Lapu2. A person on a Balakbayan privilege (visa) can only be issued an ACR card IN MANILA..(another piece of information confirmed by Woolf) Tourist/13a can be issued at any office but NOT Balakbayan.
Sorry for shouting..Its seems like you think I'm making this up as i go along,

• Like 1
SkyMan
9 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Yes i was told to "convert" to a Tourist Visa,, if that's even possible?? as I'm guessing that having been on a Balakbayan all my previous visits questions may be asked. I don't know.

Rather than convert your BB and lose the rest of your year, you may be able to just do a 6 month tourist visa extension onto the end of your BB visa and then you'd have enough time for the DL.

10 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Now seriously thinking of doing a "Visa" run to Australia (next year) and applying for a 13a in Australia at the same time.

If you don't mind waiting that's probably the best way.  Or if you're in a hurry you can do the 13A here now but just realize you'll end up doing it twice. 

• Like 1

is an SRRV retirement Visa another option ?   I got my license and Phil Health using mine. There's an annual fee and a bank deposit required (can be used toward real estate) - and probably not got the features of other visa's and BB etc 

• Like 2
cookie47
is an SRRV retirement Visa another option ?   I got my license and Phil Health using mine. There's an annual fee and a bank deposit required (can be used toward real estate) - and probably not got the features of other visa's and BB etc 
Yes, you're idea is welcomed re SSRV.
looked into it but hesitated at the $20000 Us.. I really think a 13a from Australia is my preferred option now.
Despite the possibility of a Temporary tourist visa I've had Balakbayan for 35 years and visits to the BI are with respect not my scene.

Goetz1965
4 hours ago, cookie47 said:

And from the senior officer at the BI at Lapu2. A person on a Balakbayan privilege (visa) can only be issued an ACR card IN MANILA..(another piece of information confirmed by Woolf) Tourist/13a can be issued at any office but NOT Balakbayan.

TRUE is, that the Acri is issued in Manila - thats why also I on my tourist visa have to wait a month to get one every year. 
They send my data to Manila, there the card is printed and then send back.

So the guy at BI is right that the card is issued from BI in Manila - but what hinders him to take all your data and send them to Manila to get the card printed?
Let them SHOW you where it says, that YOU as the applicant have to PERSONALLY do your ACR card  in Manila !!

TIP: 
Try to get a Philippine POSTAL ID instead !
https://www.postalidph.com

3. Why should I avail the Improved Postal ID?
Aside from assuring safe and reliable transactions, the additional security features position the ID as a PRIMARY CARD.
(And thats the same value a ACRi card has !)

6. Who may apply for the Improved Postal ID?
All Filipinos ...
Foreign residents living in the country for at least six (6) months may also apply.

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS OF FOREIGN RESIDENTS
1. Two (2) copies of duly-accomplished application form
2. PROOF OF IDENTITY
a. Passport – must be valid for at least six (6) months prior to application
b. Any one (1) of the following documents relative to the stay in the Philippines valid for at least six (6) months prior to application

Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACRI-Card)
Long Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE)
Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
Diplomatic Visa
Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)

3. PROOF OF ADDRESS - Submit any one (1) of the following:
Barangay Certificate of Residency – issued within three (3) months prior to PID application
Certification or statement of account from hotel, transient home or any temporary residence within three (3) months prior to application
Certification from hotel, transient home or any temporary residence within three (3) months prior to application
Notarized, if applicable, Land, House or Condominium Lease Contract
Bank statement
Credit card statement
School billing statement
Utility bill (cable, electric, internet, landline, telephone, water)

Apply in the government services area in SM City - takes about 2 weeks for the card to pickup then.

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Like 1

@Goetz1965

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/acr-i-card-issuance

Where to apply?

BI Main Office
Other Immigration Offices (Click here to see the list of offices authorized to process this transaction)

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/voluntary-application-for-acr-i-card

Who can apply?

A foreign national who voluntarily applies for an ACR I-Card

Where to apply?

BI Main Office

Notice that for voluntarily it says BI Main Office  only

Try to read what you posted about postal ID, it says  ACR-I card

None of the others are valid for cookie47

cookie47

Thanks Goetz for that info.
I still may struggle with some of those requirements.

Passport. Yes

Local ATM card. Yes

House ownership, definitely NO (has to be in wife's name).

Utility bills NO all in wife's name

I'm currently waiting for the Barangay captain to see if he will issue a local Resident ID...

I'll keep you informed

cookie47
If you have a local ATM card do you not have a bank statement?
Yes, your correct. Good thinking, my wife is the principal account holder, but i have a card with my name. As the account is so new we haven't seen a statement yet but i will work on it.
Thanks.....

9 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Yes, you're idea is welcomed re SSRV.
looked into it but hesitated at the $20000 Us.. I really think a 13a from Australia is my preferred option now.
Despite the possibility of a Temporary tourist visa I've had Balakbayan for 35 years and visits to the BI are with respect not my scene.

Have you been in any military, if yes then you only need to put down $1,500 for the SRRV.

Or your wife can apply for her SRRV if she holds dual citizenship and put you as secondary, also I believe $1,500 and a small fee for you, ask them at the SRRV office for the exact numbers, they gave me this info in March but my memory is terrible these days.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lee said:

Have you been in any military, if yes then you only need to put down $1,500 for the SRRV.

I that for USA military only ???

I have an idea that cookie47 is australian