Sign in to follow this  
Salty Dog

Jeff Bezos Lost More Than $9 Billion During Stock Market Plunge

Salty Dog

No billionaire was hit as hard by Wednesday's stock market plunge — which included an 832-point dive by the Dow — than Jeff Bezos.

During the Wednesday selloff, the Amazon founder and CEO lost more than $9 billion. 

Then again, that's what happens when you are the richest person in the United States. Earlier this month, his net worth reached $160 billion, according to Forbes.

The Bloomberg Billionaires Index shows Bezos total net worth is $145 billion, comfortably ahead of Bill Gates, who sits second at $96.3 billion.

Gates didn't escape Wednesday's ugly trading day unscathed, though. He lost more than $2 billion, while Warren Buffett lost nearly $4.5 billion.

Last week, Amazon — criticized for not giving employees a fair wage — announced it would raise the minimum wage for all employees to $15 an hour.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/10/11/amazon-ceo-jeff-bezos-lost-9-billion-stock-market-drop/1599951002/

• Thanks 1

rfm010

Bezos, gates, buffet.  They wont miss their billions as much as i will miss my thousands.  Damn, reminds me i forgot to buy a lottery ticket.

• Like 2