Sign in to follow this  
JohnSurrey

Cost Of Dental Work

JohnSurrey

How much does a filling cost ?

I paid PHP 600 today which seems expensive to me.

lolhahaha

A filling for about the price of a 5 Guys burger and fries + drink in the US doesn't sound like too much to me. I guess I haven't been here long enough.

• Like 3

Salty Dog

That sounds about right.

At Green Apple at Ayala Center, it would probably be closer to P1,000...

• Like 4

Jawny

In Baybay City a filling costs ₽400 at the dentist just down the street from the mercury drug.  Female dentist but don’t recall the name.

Ive used Apple in the Ayala mall and been impressed with the high standards. More costly.

• Like 1

to_dave007

paid 600..  again and again..  for the cavities the boys can NOT seem to avoid..  at Dentaland in Ayala..  Up to 800 now.

I think 600 out here in Tuburan

• Like 1

Rocketman

Been going to the same dentist for 7 years.  She's a quality, young Dentist and takes me on-time.  Her prices have gone up, but it's justified and I'm happy to pay.  I pay P800 for exam and cleaning and 800 per cavity for my GF.

• Like 1

Goetz1965

If 600 is too much for you for a filling that will last years - just use superglue and let your ujab apply it - costs less than 50php

• Like 1

MickyG

My Asawa had her filling re done yesterday inMM cost 600p, troube is he will want to see her again next week as she needs the next tooth seen to and being the costs saving girl she is, she only took 600p to see him

• Like 1

Jack Rat
10 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

How much does a filling cost ?

I paid PHP 600 today which seems expensive to me.

I paid 650p for a filling and 3000p for a root canal recently, I'm not complaining as it would have cost me at least $500 equivalent to 20000p in Australia.

• Like 1

Headshot

600p is less than $12 US. If that is expensive to you, then maybe you need to find a cheaper country to live in. Good luck with that.

JohnSurrey

I know financial illiteracy is a big problem generally throughout the world so just a simple comparison may help make things clearer:

image.png.7ba2b97aed3b30d1132ca94d03240580.png

So... a bit more expensive in RP compared to the UK... but not too much.

Australia appears to be the cheaper option!

Of course if you're not working... then you have a different mindset... 

But if you're working in Australia then the relative cost of a filling is cheaper than it is in the Philippines. 

• Like 1

MickyG

Hey fella you asked if it was expensive. You never asked if it was expensive per capita of other countries.

For a foreigner paying 10£ for a filling is way cheaper than the UK on a pound for pound basis. I never compared the cost i paid yesterday on a per capita basis 

• Like 1

JohnSurrey
1 hour ago, MickyG said:

Hey fella you asked if it was expensive. You never asked if it was expensive per capita of other countries.

For a foreigner paying 10£ for a filling is way cheaper than the UK on a pound for pound basis. I never compared the cost i paid yesterday on a per capita basis 

Hey fella - You better learn to read first.

I actually asked "How much does a filling cost?"

And mentioned that it seemed expensive to me.

I always try to think about whether day to day things are affordable to the local person living here (not a foreigner) - if it's not then I tend to say it's expensive.

If you read my second post - I'm actually correcting myself (as the cost of a filling here is more or less the same, relatively speaking and forgeting the NHS, as it is in the UK) ... and just highlighting the fact that private dental treatment is relatively cheaper Australia :D

petecebu

600 pesos is nothing compared to around $100 in Australia. A few years ago I need compact wisdom teeth removed on both sides...Australia dentist cost about $5000. so I check dentist in Cebu and price only 70,000 pesos...helluva lot cheaper.

MickyG

hey fella I got that expensive argument in stereo

Anything posted on here by a foreigner is not unusually as a reflective cost.

My asawa suggest it is cheap as it is less than a visit to the coffee shop