Problems Logging On Read more... ×

liquido

When I was back in the USA I purchased a Firestick and Im a Prime member..I just plugged it in here at my place in Davao..The building I live in has Fiber coming in and each apartment has there own router owned by the management.I do get some of the channels on Prime..I know being in another country there are channels I cannot get like ABC,CBS,NBC...What are my options for tricking my Firestick that im located in the USA so I can pick up these channels and others..I  do have a second place to stay here in the RP and would like to bring the Firestick with me...Both places i have Cignal and hate it.. 

Im somewhat computer literate...Do i need to purchase my own router and make changes on it or? As you can see im a little confused...

• Like 3

yingy52

I agree that Cignal sucks. It's slightly better than nothing.

GBT62
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, liquido said:

I know being in another country there are channels I cannot get like ABC,CBS,NBC...

are you sure you can't get them ?

I am watching the CBS morning news at the moment on my PC (using TV for Windows - free version). I am in Cebu and not using my VPN to change my country and I bet the free version has no VPN inbuilt.

Otherwise you want to google and see what VPN's (free or paid) work with the Firestick (it runs some skinned/modded version of Android). Android has many - but not sure what'll load (with ease) on a Firestick

edit - 

here's one example when I searched ...

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/install-vpn-amazon-fire-tv-stick/

Edited by GBT62
  • Thanks 1

liquido
32 minutes ago, yingy52 said:

I agree that Cignal sucks. It's slightly better than nothing.

Thats why I purchased the Firestick to rid myself of the pitiful Cignal and cable..

CardiacKid
15 minutes ago, liquido said:

Thats why I purchased the Firestick to rid myself of the pitiful Cignal and cable....................................................................... When I first got Cignal I was really pleased with their service. It worked at least 35% of the time. The real joy was finding out what was on. Sometimes the channels switched locations so I spent about 20 minutes figuring out what channel ABS-CBN was on. In addition, the episodes of many programs were shown out of order. Oh, how I miss hurling great curses at Cignal. What a stress relief to be able to hurl their 10 cent remote at their box. It is almost as much fun as having Comcast in the States.  

• Haha 2