Arrivals into Cebu

Ozepete

Do international arrivals use the new terminal?  Thanks.

GwapoGuy

There is a shuttle bus that connects the two terminals and runs every 20 minutes.

• Like 1
TequilaSunset

I am sure it probably has been mentioned somewhere. I was comfortable with the old terminal, knew my way around, so now... is it easy to just walk to a white cab, or is more like an ultimate mudder course with all sorts of obstacles? Arriving in Dec. 

• Like 1
Kabisay-an gid

The old terminal was decent, but simply couldn't handle the growing number of passengers coming through it every year.

Thanks to the new terminal, PAL will most likely be resuming non-stop service from LAX to Cebu next year. Which will save me big money, because I won't have to go to Cebu via Taiwan anymore.

As it stands now, it takes me 3 flights to get to Cebu. Once PAL brings back non-stop service from LAX to Cebu, I'll only have 2 flights to get there.

• Like 3
liquido
2 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

is it easy to just walk to a white cab,

Yes....Did it 10 days ago...The hard part is dodging all the people standing around outside the lower front door like T1..You will see the white taxi's lined up..Just make your way past the yellow taxi hawkers... 

• Like 5
Davaoeno
6 hours ago, GwapoGuy said:

There is a shuttle bus that connects the two terminals and runs every 20 minutes.

That is the same now in Manila for PAL - a shuttle from Domestic Terminal 2 to International Terminal 1 

Buko Beach
6 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

The old terminal was decent, but simply couldn't handle the growing number of passengers coming through it every year.

Thanks to the new terminal, PAL will most likely be resuming non-stop service from LAX to Cebu next year. Which will save me big money, because I won't have to go to Cebu via Taiwan anymore.

As it stands now, it takes me 3 flights to get to Cebu. Once PAL brings back non-stop service from LAX to Cebu, I'll only have 2 flights to get there.

I heard from a source, that the PAL CEB-LAX route is shelved until PAL can buy/lease the right type of aircraft for the route. Last I heard the A330-NEO variant was being looked at, but right now it's just talk/chismis. I openly discussed the aircraft issue on the forum when the route was cut and many stated they thought the route was coming back within a few months, but that's turned out to be wishful thinking.

Back when PAL started the CEB-LAX route I had my doubts that the route would be viable, and sure enough after the initial wave of passengers that booked the route after the peak holiday season ended, the very low LF numbers during the shoulder season made the route unprofitable. The main reason was the very dated and worn-out aircraft PAL was utilizing (A343). Very few passengers will put up with no IFE (seat back TV's) on a 12hr+ long-haul flight unless the ticket price is dirt cheap, which means PAL has to pack the flights to even think about breaking even, which PAL failed to do.

I am also hearing PAL is looking at ways to service other coastal and central US mainland destinations. SEA, SAN, ORD, MIA, and a possible Texas destination are all on the table and being seriously considered. Some or all of these would have to be added on to existing International legs (EG: MNL-YYC-ORD) to get around US flight limits.

The good news is, that PAL is taking another look at the International route options/possibilities out of CEB now that the new MCIA/LLIA T2 is operational. Couple that with 5J (Cebu Pacific)announcing some time ago they are not willing (at this time) to go ahead with a much talked about expansion plan to buy/lease a new fleet of wide-body aircraft for expansion to the States. PAL would have a monopoly on any CEB-USA direct flights for the foreseeable future.

My guess is, PAL will take a wait and see attitude on any CEB-USA flights until they have digested the A359 purchase. The older A343's will have to be retired, the B773's will have to be moved to take over ME routes (or what's left of them) or assigned to new EU destinations. Once all the re-alignment has happened, PAL will sit down and look at what new "tin" they need to complete the expansion plan into the States. That could be mid-late 2020 at the earliest (for the resumption of any CEB-USA flights).

• Like 1
SkyMan

I got to do the CEB-LAX route once and while it was older aircraft, I had my own laptop/tablet for entertainment.  I rarely bother with the provided entertainment where you have to select something they provide rather than what you want to see.  I also tend to do a good bit of sleeping anyway.  While the flight was long it wasn't significantly longer than a leg from HK, Japan, Korea, or whatever and there wasn't a first leg of 3 or 4 hours to deal with first.  Just get on, get off, Immigration, customs, done.

• Like 1