Do any LinC members know the secret to findin a legal parking spot in Ormoc City?  

I have seen many areas alongside the road with signs indicating no parking.  Fair enough.  Don’t park, or expect to be ticketed.

However, there are other areas which appear to exactly the same with no signage.  The way I find out it is a no parking zone is to be approached by an enforcer.  Fortunately, I am usually in the car at the time and can just move as directed.  However, there are no signs to reveal the area is a no parking area.

Any clues to help?

• Administrator
Dafey

I do the same often, watching the car while Wife runs into a shop.

One time LTO approaches and asked if I could move it to the right about a foot. He said as long as you are to the right of the white line it’s okay.

The signs that say no parking are usually put there by the businesses. If you are going into their shop they will probably be fine.

The reality??? I’ve seen some of the most ridiculous parking in Ormoc and even some that blocks the road. Never seen anyone towed or ticketed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jawny said:

Do any LinC members know the secret to findin a legal parking spot in Ormoc City?  

I have seen many areas alongside the road with signs indicating no parking.  Fair enough.  Don’t park, or expect to be ticketed.

However, there are other areas which appear to exactly the same with no signage.  The way I find out it is a no parking zone is to be approached by an enforcer.  Fortunately, I am usually in the car at the time and can just move as directed.  However, there are no signs to reveal the area is a no parking area.

Any clues to help?

do the same as a phillipino park enerwhere there is a spase ie foot path driveway or in the middle of the road with hazard lites on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Soupeod

@Jawny finding a parking spot is difficult... there seems to be a rule in many streets to park on one side of the road. 

I generally avoid the side streets for parking. I will sometimes find a spot behind the old city hall area.  Under shade trees. That is hit and miss as businesses will block some spots or put equipment in the way.  As well, some pedicabs will use a spot for long term parking. 

In that general area, toward the sea, the parking as well as streets can be blocked unpredictably. 

For years I would just park along the main national road, but for a while that was blocked as crews did road work.

Now, there is a long area with plenty of space, a well marked white line.....but no parking? Kinda, sorta.  I park there sometimes and watch the traffic enforcer who makes no effort to tell me, or others, to move.  Then, a different enforcer comes along and tells me to move 

There are plenty of low tech no parking signs around in some areas. But, there are areas which seem clearly a sensible area to park, wide road, marked lanes....but absent any signage. 

I had hoped some Ormoc regular would know the secret of which areas are ok and which are not. 

I have witnessed enforcers give parking tickets. 

I choose to not use the technique of four way blinkers as my way of parking where I want.  Just as I have no respect for the "magic hand" signals to stop traffic. 

• Like 1
samatm

Ormoc has changed a lot since i first visited in 98.    Then you could recognize people by the cars they drove.  There were so few around ..parking anywhere you wanted was a given.     

• Like 2
Goetz1965

That reminds me going to the german town of BREMEN on Saturday night  - on approaching the city I saw all the HUGE signs telling how much free parking space is there in the parking garages - must be some 10.000 free spots that night.
By following those sings around the town I didn't get it because ALL of those parking garages are CLOSED on Saturday and Sunday evening - so people literally parked on the pavements and anywhere where there was a free spot. 

So idiotic things not only happen in the philippines !