Problems Logging On Read more... ×
Goetz1965

No VISA stamps at JY Center Mall 02OCT18

TimL
34 minutes ago, Sven said:

It's not a business ... it's government :-)

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

I didn’t say it was a business. I said it’s a crazy way of doing business.  Hopefully, I don’t have to delve any deeper to explain further. 

Headshot
6 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

i can say with certainty that you're wrong with your lopsided judgements of the locals.     

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree.

The biggest joke in the Philippines is, "Sorry Sir, out of stock." Why would you suppose that is? LTO, BI and just about every other government agency I have dealt with have time and again proven that they are incapable of inventory control or even of work projection.

Defend their piss-poor practices all you want, but it doesn't mean they are any good. Those of us who live here must learn how to deal with their poor practices, but to simply hope for the best every time we deal with them (and not have a realistic understanding of the situation) will just lead to overwhelming frustration. Most of us understand that if they tell us something will be ready in three weeks, it MAY be ready in three months ... and plan accordingly.

• Like 3

RangerUp
16 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

.shopping at malls doesn't count.  

The one business that all foreigners interact with...doesn't count? haha

jtmwatchbiz
3 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Defend their piss-poor practices all you want,

you can twist this anyway you want but you know exactly what i mean.   you generalized "Filipinos",  not a certain person or agency you happen to not like the performance of.  unfortunately readers are inclined to also generalize, but that will be about this forum and not merely a specific handful of overly-negative members. 

• Haha 1

jtmwatchbiz
6 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

The one business that all foreigners interact with...doesn't count? haha

definitely not in the context of my post. 

Headshot
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

you can twist this anyway you want but you know exactly what i mean.   you generalized "Filipinos",  not a certain person or agency you happen to not like the performance of.  unfortunately readers are inclined to also generalize, but that will be about this forum and not merely a specific handful of overly-negative members. 

Just because you may have found a few exceptions to the rule does NOT mean the rule is wrong. The reason the "out of stock" is so common here is that the lack of planning to keep inventory levels up is so common. Like I said, we will just have to agree to disagree here. I don't see that stating the truth is in any way negative. It is simply the truth.

Edited by Headshot

jtmwatchbiz
3 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I don't see that stating the truth is in any way negative. It is simply the truth.

when you negatively generalize "Filipino" it does not imply you are somehow in possession of the truth.  my suggestion is go a bit lighter on the Filipino bashing and perhaps word your more-often-than-not negative viewpoints towards the culture so your posts don't insult an entire nation of people which includes family and loved ones of fellow members.  

Headshot
9 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

when you negatively generalize "Filipino" it does not imply you are somehow in possession of the truth.  my suggestion is go a bit lighter on the Filipino bashing and perhaps word your more-often-than-not negative viewpoints towards the culture so your posts don't insult an entire nation of people which includes family and loved ones of fellow members.  

You see what I say as Filipino bashing. I do not. I see what I said as telling the truth about the situation that new expats will learn over time ... but could know in advance by belonging to this forum.

Jack Rat
2 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

Well said! They are sure not going to be in a hurry to change their policies for a bunch of grumpy old expats!

• Like 1