Problems Logging On Read more... ×
Goetz1965

No VISA stamps at JY Center Mall 02OCT18

Goetz1965

Was to Immigration today for a 2month extension - paid my 2830php and on releasing they lady told me that they only stamped the validity on my receipt and thats the official one for today.
So I have no stamp in my passport now - just my receipt.

So if you need extension and need the stamp in your passport - better ask before if they have them in stock !

• Like 1

Richard K

Same in Sept. in Angeles city... keep your receipt for next time... really not a big deal.. ran out of stamps is all... keep your receipt and all will be well

• Haha 1

TimL

Same here. Got my 6 month extension yesterday, no stickers, just the receipt. Crazy way of doing business. Hahaha

the.lone.gunman

Got my 60-120 day extension plus ACR card today, Friday Oct.5. Receipt only, 4-6 weeks for card .

• Like 1

Kreole

I wonder if this is in any way related to the lack of vehicle license plates for 5 years running?

RangerUp
On 10/2/2018 at 5:13 PM, Richard K said:

not a big deal.. ran out of stamps is all...

lol, "not a big deal"

SmokyMtnRon

Sorry, out of stock sir.

Headshot

Don't they use ink stamps for visa extensions any more? I just checked my passport, and there isn't a single sticker in there. It is pretty difficult to run out of stamps if you are using ink. If they have changed to stickers, but aren't able to keep them in stock, maybe they should rethink their decision and go back to ink stamps

maximian

Maybe they phasing out the stamps? Recently i have noticed quite a few countries no longer stamp our  passports on arrival or exit.

On second thoughts i doubt they are ahead of other countries :rolleyes:

Woolf
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Headshot said:

Don't they use ink stamps for visa extensions any more? I just checked my passport, and there isn't a single sticker in there. It is pretty difficult to run out of stamps if you are using ink. If they have changed to stickers, but aren't able to keep them in stock, maybe they should rethink their decision and go back to ink stamps

The stickers was introduced some time in 2014, they take up half the space of the old ink stamps

they have a security featured that make them difficult to fake, look at the left of the sticker

check the 2 stickers below

image.png

Edited by Woolf

Headshot
Posted (edited)

OK, but they are still using the ink stamps at the airports. I have been in and out of the country several times since 2014, and have several ink stamps in my passport to show for it. It seems like, if they have run out of stickers, they could use the ink stamps until they get the stickers back in stock. It would be better than just giving people a receipt that could get lost.

Edited by Headshot

Sven

Crazy way of doing business. Hahaha

It's not a business ... it's government :-)

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

to_dave007

I would say that it boggles the mind..  but it's really not so surprising any more.

But someone up there..  with the big salaries..  should get some basic math under their hat.

If R is the average number of stickers we use each month, and

If S is the number of stickers in inventory today, then

S/R will tell you how many months before you run out of stickers.

• Like 1

Headshot

Planning ahead (such as inventory control) is NOT a Filipino strong point. Almost every day they prove it anew. This is only the latest.

Then again, maybe they ordered the stickers, but Customs is holding them up until they get their cut.

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz
7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

NOT a Filipino strong point

negatively generalize much?  i can just imagine what your qualifier is going to be..."all i know is",  "from my experience", "from what i see".   these negative declarations you frequently make about Filipinos and the Philippines and especially your all caps emphasis are a bunch of hogwash.  have you done business here for the past 10 years?  how many business transactions do you conduct daily?  and no...shopping at malls doesn't count.  

i have a news flash for you.  most of us are here and maintain marriage and family relationships with Filipinos.  some of us even (gasp) do business with them.  i can say with certainty that you're wrong with your lopsided judgements of the locals.     

• Like 1