Sign in to follow this  
Jawny

Use of FedEx from Ormoc City, cautionary info

shadow

We use LBC exclusively to ship documents usually several times per week, for both domestic and to the US.

For domestic it is usually  at any destination the next day, if we get it to the office by 1 pm, otherwise it is the following day. Cost is P180.

To the US it is usually there in 5-7 days. If there is no LBC in the delivery area, it is passed off to UPS for delivery. Cost is P1460.

After 10 years or so of using them, still no complaints. It always makes it. Only a few times has a packet been delayed, usually by storms in country.

• Like 1

Jawny
6 minutes ago, shadow said:

We use LBC exclusively to ship documents usually several times per week, for both domestic and to the US.

For domestic it is usually  at any destination the next day, if we get it to the office by 1 pm, otherwise it is the following day. Cost is P180.

To the US it is usually there in 5-7 days. If there is no LBC in the delivery area, it is passed off to UPS for delivery. Cost is P1460.

After 10 years or so of using them, still no complaints. It always makes it. Only a few times has a packet been delayed, usually by storms in country.

Thanks for the info.  I had not even bothered to inquire about LBC international.  The cost for my single document was just shy of ₽2000. 

I'm sure that higher cost is because a portion is going to 2Go which is adding insult to injury since it is 2Go that lead to the three day delay. 

I'm expecting to send a document to Brooklyn soon, so will consider LBC. 

• Like 1

RogerDuMond

I receive a lot of international shipments because of our businesses. For incoming shipments I prefer Fedex first, DHL second, and LBC third. I will never use UPS again. For outgoing international documents I only use LBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yingy52
22 hours ago, Jawny said:

If I were to use FedEx again, I’d make the trip to Cebu. I have no problem with FedEx (limited experience). It is the 2Go agents I have a problem with. With unreliable phone contact, it is more difficult to follow up.  Within Cebu, a follow up can be done in person if necessary. 

For in country stuff I use LBC. Lately I’ve been getting lazada stuff from Ninja Express. Ok.

I love Lazada. I'm guessing that I've ordered at least 40 or so items from them in the last 5 years. I only order COD items cuz I don't want to give them my credit card info. 

Richard K

I just sent my absentee voting ballot for 2018 mid-term election via FedEx today. I have a tracking # and was told it would be 3-4 business days to delivery.
This was from SM Clark mall in Angeles City in at a place called "Mailboxes-Plus" Which provides FedEx service.
It was costly (at least to me)... 1950 Peso for letter size document.
I do not really trust the post office here...and I have never used LBC for document mailing.. altho I have been really very much satisfied sending boxes and packages FROM the USA to here..I know there are only scattered LBC offices across the USA... also,in point of fact there are NONE (at my last knowledge) even in the state to which I sent my documents. There are however a few FedEx offices there with-in the local vicinity. 
It was a trial run... I will know when/if it was delivered... and I will also receive an e-mail that is was from the Town hall there.
Works for me... 

Jawny

The only good thing I have learned from my experience of using 2Go to get to FedEx to get to the destination is the toll free phone number to FedEx in Manila works. 

My parcel was given to 2Go on the 27th of Sept. Only today has it gotten on a plane to Manila. Of course, there are flaming hoops awaiting the parcel there and then at least three nations to pass through.  I should count my blessings it is still enroute. 

It took me around six calls today to finally figure out part of the delay. No explanation why it sat over the weekend before any movement. However, the explanation initially provided about the "exception" was exceptionally misleading. I am guessing the system engineers didn’t come up with enough computer codes to describe just how messed up things can get.

The initial explanation was the parcel was removed from the aircraft in Lapu Lapu. No reason why, just removed. 

Well, it never got onto the aircraft as the driver was late because of traffic to the airport. I guess the airline decided it was more important to make their passengers happy than to wait on a late driver. 

Hmmmmm, how should I code this?  I know!  We took it off the plane!

Oh, I almost forgot.  Who is to blame?  Not the driver. The traffic was bad.  Not FedEx.  They tried hard.  Not 2Go. They passed the parcel to FedEx. 

My fault for expecting them to live up to the fancy jargon on their website. 

to_dave007

Jawny..  not like you to get so frustrated.  Don't think I've seen it before.

Jawny
18 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Alright, here’s the real reason it’s causing me to get tense........I can avoid putting up Christmas decorations for a while. 

• Haha 1

to_dave007
4 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Alright, here’s the real reason it’s causing me to get tense........I can avoid putting up Christmas decorations for a while. 

wife promised me ours would be up tomorrow when I get back from city..  at least she waited till October this year.

• Like 2

Richard K
25 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

I get it...

RogerDat

I thought fed Ex was over and done in the Philippines years ago, as Air 21 had taken over, I get about 50 parcels a year from VA in Manila, always delivered by Air 21.

I always use the Phil mail, and have no problems for tax's and other documents.

Edited by RogerDat

Jawny
7 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

I thought fed Ex was over and done in the Philippines years ago, as Air 21 had taken over, I get about 50 parcels a year from VA in Manila, always delivered by Air 21.

I can’t be sure when, but I think it was circa 2004 when Air 21 was the in country agent for FedEx.  In the same fashion as 2Go is now. 

I recall using Air21 in exactly the same fashion but with a more reliable service. 

I believe Air21 is now the "official courier" for the USA state department. At least they are for passports. Makes sense this would extend to veterans affairs stuff. 

What I recall about international corporations like FedEx is the restrictions placed on corporate ownership. In effect, they couldn’t or wouldn’t allow for domestic corporate ownership. This is better suited for another topic (corporations) but I point it out as a major international company has to rely upon local companies to live up to their standards. 

In my instance 2Go is the culprit. All the delays and miscommunications were created by the local 2Go staff. 

• Like 1

Jawny

The FedEx staff in Manila has made up for the screw ups by 2Go. Each time I called the Manila customer service, they were helpful and even called back when connection was lost.

On top of that, they even got me connected to someone in the operation staff who has taken a personal interest in getting the parcel delivered.  It is now in Japan and will be in Memphis by this evening.  Tom Hanks would be proud.

The operations rep said he would make contact the Memphis facility to assure the shipment gets priority.  

yingy52
21 hours ago, RogerDat said:

You must have a lucky streak going with Phil mail. 2 years in a row I didn't get my SSN tax statement and had to switch my mailing address to the FPO address at the RAO in Angeles.  

RogerDat

All Phil Post offices are not the same, just like US.