Sign in to follow this  
Jawny

Use of FedEx from Ormoc City, cautionary info

RogerDat

I thought fed Ex was over and done in the Philippines years ago, as Air 21 had taken over, I get about 50 parcels a year from VA in Manila, always delivered by Air 21.

I always use the Phil mail, and have no problems for tax's and other documents.

Edited by RogerDat

Jawny
7 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

I thought fed Ex was over and done in the Philippines years ago, as Air 21 had taken over, I get about 50 parcels a year from VA in Manila, always delivered by Air 21.

I can’t be sure when, but I think it was circa 2004 when Air 21 was the in country agent for FedEx.  In the same fashion as 2Go is now. 

I recall using Air21 in exactly the same fashion but with a more reliable service. 

I believe Air21 is now the "official courier" for the USA state department. At least they are for passports. Makes sense this would extend to veterans affairs stuff. 

What I recall about international corporations like FedEx is the restrictions placed on corporate ownership. In effect, they couldn’t or wouldn’t allow for domestic corporate ownership. This is better suited for another topic (corporations) but I point it out as a major international company has to rely upon local companies to live up to their standards. 

In my instance 2Go is the culprit. All the delays and miscommunications were created by the local 2Go staff. 

• Like 1

Jawny

The FedEx staff in Manila has made up for the screw ups by 2Go. Each time I called the Manila customer service, they were helpful and even called back when connection was lost.

On top of that, they even got me connected to someone in the operation staff who has taken a personal interest in getting the parcel delivered.  It is now in Japan and will be in Memphis by this evening.  Tom Hanks would be proud.

The operations rep said he would make contact the Memphis facility to assure the shipment gets priority.  

yingy52
21 hours ago, RogerDat said:

You must have a lucky streak going with Phil mail. 2 years in a row I didn't get my SSN tax statement and had to switch my mailing address to the FPO address at the RAO in Angeles.  

RogerDat

All Phil Post offices are not the same, just like US.

yingy52
On 10/5/2018 at 8:39 AM, RogerDat said:

All Phil Post offices are not the same, just like US.

I would be willing to bet YOUR paycheck that the US postal service VS Philpost in a comparison survey would win 100% of the time. Unless corruption is non-existent in Philpost. If it is non-existent than it would be the first Phil government agency to be able to claim it.  

Jawny

The parcel arrived in Texas exactly one week after being handed to 2Go. If there had not been delays by 2Go, it would likely have arrived two or three days earlier.