Sign in to follow this  
Aerosick

Orey Bunger Higens Passed

Bama
On 9/30/2018 at 9:00 AM, hyaku said:

Younger people have not yet reached a resolute acceptance of death and find it all shocking that you should ask.

Aint that the truth----have seen this first hand.Any how/why updates about the Embassy chasing down his documents might prove to be useful to other LinC members.

RIP Mr. Higens.

to_dave007
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, hyaku said:

So sad. RIP.

This may not be the correct place to put this but I was also told that I would need an affadavit from direct family to get cremated here. It really not something I would want to ask my sister or daughter to do. Younger people have not yet reached a resolute acceptance of death and find it all shocking that you should ask.

I presume a Filipina wife would be "direct family" and would be able to authorize cremation.  Anyone know for sure? 

Lee
On 9/29/2018 at 11:21 AM, Aerosick said:

You may have seen him around town there:

12304021_10206637343985462_638518503448464844_o (2).jpg

Thank you Billy (Aerosick) for the update and email update a week or so ago. IMO Orey was a nice guy when he was sober, I had some nice conversations with him over the years as well as some weird conversations with him when he must have had a few too many. 

RIP Orey, hope you finally got the peace you deserve instead of just being kept alive as long as your account had money to bleed from. 

Hopefully this can be a lesson to those of you alone, get your paperwork in order ASAP, and do not die alone in a foreign country. 

• Thanks 1

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

I presume a Filipina wife would be "direct family" and would be able to authorize cremation.  Anyone know for sure? 

I know for sure that was the case 10 years ago.  A filipina wife who was married to an American for just over 5 years had her husband shipped off to the crematorium and burned within 3 days.  Didn't even give the friends and overseas family members a chance to say their goodbyes.  Unusual, yes, but another American friend had requested the US embassy to investigate the cause of death.  They refused to do it but it was interesting how that caused the wife to have him cremated so quickly.  Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

CardiacKid

RIP Orey.

Aerosick

I will lock this soon as it is getting off-track. Feel free to start another one about cremation & the paperwork required to get this done.

Aerosick

Thanks everyone for your kind words for my friend Orey.

I will now Lock this.