Sign in to follow this  
Aerosick

Orey Bunger Higens Passed

Enuff
Just got this message =
Orey Bunger Higens passed away Saturday at 11:45 am Philippines time. 
R I P

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Dafey

RIP Brother

Aerosick

Looks like he will be buried, not cremated.

42547292_1872006432889965_3391708147205799936_o (2).jpg

42641371_1872006629556612_1040776545548894208_o.jpg

TequilaSunset

RIP

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dafey

Aerosick

Orey was buried today. From my wife:

Orey was not cremated because the Dept. Of Health did not give clearance for his cremation. The Dept required certification from relatives. He had no known relatives here. SOP of DOH to protect them from lawsuits. There was a precedent that made the Dept. pay indemnity to relatives when they allowed cremation of a foreigner without relative's consent or a notarized "after death" instruction from the person that passed.

Edited by Aerosick

Aerosick

Chong Hua Hospital drained his 1st bank account and was working on his 2nd (last) bank account. His caretaker said they quit giving him meds about 3 months ago. They claim he died of "sepsis". The Hospital told her they will give her any leftover money after the final burial expenses, etc.

The US Embassy Consulate would not visit him when he went into the hospital in Nov 2015. But now they asked for his expired death certificate, passport and other items from the hospital. They are also trying to find his last place of residence and other personal effects.

I don't know or understand why the are so interested now that he has passed on!!!

• Like 3

Mr. Mike

RIP

Kahuna
9 minutes ago, Aerosick said:

Chong Hua Hospital drained his 1st bank account and was working on his 2nd (last) bank account. His caretaker said they quit giving him meds about 3 months ago. They claim he died of "sepsis". The Hospital told her they will give her any leftover money after the final burial expenses, etc.

The US Embassy Consulate would not visit him when he went into the hospital in Nov 2015. But now they asked for his expired death certificate, passport and other items from the hospital. They are also trying to find his last place of residence and other personal effects.

I don't know or understand why the are so interested now that he has passed on!!!

I imagine they are wanting all that info so they can shut off any funds like S.S. or Military benefits he had as well as nailing down his identity with the death cert. and closing the passport so it doesn't come wandering back into the USA with someone else using it instead.  Just guessing tho..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aerosick
1 minute ago, Kahuna said:

I imagine they are wanting all that info so they can shut off any funds like S.S. or Military benefits he had as well as nailing down his identity with the death cert. and closing the passport so it doesn't come wandering back into the USA with someone else using it instead.  Just guessing tho..

His passport expired right after he went into the hospital. They wouldn't help renew it then. He was in the Army but was not drawing any Gov't funds while in Cebu.

• Thanks 1

Kahuna
2 minutes ago, Aerosick said:

His passport expired right after he went into the hospital. They wouldn't help renew it then. He was in the Army but was not drawing any Gov't funds while in Cebu.

I gave it my best guess.  The scenario of them wanting to close out any loose ends made sense to me but maybe someone else can explain a better one.

• Like 1

Aerosick
On 9/27/2018 at 1:43 PM, TequilaSunset said:

RIP... No idea who you are...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You may have seen him around town there:

12304021_10206637343985462_638518503448464844_o (2).jpg

• Thanks 1

bmoore

RIP

A_Simple_Man
8 hours ago, Aerosick said:

You may have seen him around town

Thank you for the pic.  Now I can put a pic to the name I do remember him from years back.  A great guy.  Shame he went out the slow and expensive and stressful way.  I hope he is at peace now.

• Thanks 1

hyaku

So sad. RIP.

This may not be the correct place to put this but I was also told that I would need an affadavit from direct family to get cremated here. It really not something I would want to ask my sister or daughter to do. Younger people have not yet reached a resolute acceptance of death and find it all shocking that you should ask.

• Like 1