Problems Logging On Read more... ×
RogerDat

Electric Trains Anyone?

RogerDat

Is there anyone on the forum that indulges in electric trains in any scale? I started my 3rd H.O. layout 2 weeks ago, it is coming along nicely. will post pictures when it becomes presentable.

Second layout pictures at our old house here.IMG_0621A.thumb.jpg.f84a6bc31680942bec92101c74bc39a0.jpgIMG_0622A.thumb.jpg.e669d9f056e68511106906bae05223b9.jpgIMG_0623A.thumb.jpg.e5396286b09bf9f36a4393a5ec15de0c.jpgIMG_0624A.thumb.jpg.14f27fbf4c699f1aeb7dc7320ca36e46.jpgIMG_0627A.thumb.jpg.00f9547f75a3ddb098f11a883cadc76c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

M.C.A.

Really cool... when I was a teen I made a mini city in our basement sure miss that and I've never seen these trains for sale here.

RogerDat

They have them on Lazada, and Amazon, but at 10 times the price I paid in US since 1981 when I started acquiring my toys. They are toys, not collectables as a collection is not fun most times, and are not good as investments.

• Like 1

Lordblacknail

I have a brand new n gauge locomotive that I would trade for whatever. It came from Germany.

Jester

I have seen a few layouts over the years and thoroughly enjoyed them.  Went to the local club which has an impressive display.

When to the Casey Jones museum my last vacation, pretty neat.   

Then there are the type A over achievers! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmg3Y64_s

• Like 3

SkyMan

I built a layout when I was 12 or so. After it was done I lost interest.  The fun for me was in the building. 

RogerDat

I never finished the 1st, or 2nd layouts. I don't think I will finish the 3rd either.

Just finding materials here is a pain. I used steel 2x4's for support, 3/4th marine with 2 coats paint ( to keep out wood bores), shoe sole rubber instead of cork for track bed, and radio control knobs with local nails in them for turn out control.

RogerDat

I bought this house at a Japan Surplus shop here for my layout, and it has this sign on it. Anyone know what it says?

HOUSE.thumb.jpg.e84a978114b59b61c9ebbd7d5e051e11.jpg

to_dave007
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, RogerDat said:

Just finding materials here is a pain. 

What materials do you need that you can't find?

RogerDat

Thanks for the link about outdoor layout, but I cannot afford that. It looks like a O scale.

The materials I needed were;

treated 2x3 post, and 1x4 planks for the support post. I used roll formed steel instead.

Treated ply wood, I used 3/4th with 2 coats rain or shine.

Cork in sheets for the yard base, but all I could find were thin and dried out, so I used shoe rubber in 3x3 sheets.

3/4 track nails, 28 gauge. these I have found on internet from America, but shipping is very costly, will let daughter  bring next visit.

I used left over materials from garage construction to cut cost.

• Like 1

RogerDat
2 hours ago, fivestarph said:

Have you looked at this site? It's in Argao, Cebu.

http://www.modeltrain-philippines.com/EN/index.html

I have a collection of HO scale steam engines but the track got lost when moving.

IMG_20181011_073005.jpg

Looks like EU/ British engine, what gauge and do you have other cars to go with it?

fivestarph

The are all British Southern Region,  HO/OO scale and the  box with the carriages/track etc disappeared. I run the motors by putting the wires to the pickups.

RogerDat

Do you have a source for replacements, or were they inherited? You have the power converter it seams. How much track do you need to get them running in a satisfactory way?

fivestarph

These are all from when I had a layout. The oldest left is around 40 years, a Hornby N15 King Arthur.

The problem is I do not have a room to built a layout and to just have an oval to run the engines does not motivate me.