Sign in to follow this  
cookie47

Drivers License Renewal

RogerDat

so get out and run like a local.

• Haha 1

cookie47
If its really important to you ..

Read Lamoes thread on how he got a drivers licence.
You,ll need to forgo your balikbayan privilege, ( if thats possible) and apply for 2 back to back 6 month tourist visas.

Or convert to a 13a ..married to filipina visa ,

Or wifey n you do a nice quick trip to the cheapest possible overseas destination,and start balikbayan all over again .

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Yes Gus, as I'm committed for the long term that seems a very good option

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yes Gus, as I'm committed for the long term that seems a very good option, (13a i mean)

cookie47
What will you do if involved in an accident  ??
could easy happen when used to drive in the left of the street
I actually asked the lady, Well what if i was driving and produced my Australian license and told the enforcer that i had only been here for 1. Month.

She said..... I was "expected" to carry my passport to prove my arrival date and any discrepancies would be viewed seriously.

I said "locked up", she didn't answer.

cookie47
Thanks Woolf, for Iamoe,s thread reference.

Even though it discusses different "visa," and "privileges"
I'm getting the idea of how to resolve this problem.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Gus said:

If its really important to you ..

Read Lamoes thread on how he got a drivers licence.
You,ll need to forgo your balikbayan privilege, ( if thats possible) and apply for 2 back to back 6 month tourist visas.

Why forgo the BB visa?  At the end of the 1 year you become a tourist and can extend as you want up to the 36 month (including the 1 year BB) point.  So why not try to do a 6 month extension of the BB?  That would give you 15 months and you should be able to get the license.  If the BI wants to know why you're extending so early, it's to get a DL and you need a full year.

• Like 2

cookie47
Why forgo the BB visa?  At the end of the 1 year you become a tourist and can extend as you want up to the 36 month (including the 1 year BB) point.  So why not try to do a 6 month extension of the BB?  That would give you 15 months and you should be able to get the license.  If the BI wants to know why you're extending so early, it's to get a DL and you need a full year.
Yes, thanks that's another option.

We are also thinking we "might" have to go to Australia (next year) to tidy up a few loose ends and that would fix the Balakbayan issue. BUT I'm wondering if i could apply for a 13a, in Australia. (its possible according to the AU website) whilst there. Or would there be some rule against this. I've noted the US guys Recommending Applying in the US prior to travelling... Sorry getting a bit off topic might have to ask in another thread.

SkyMan
49 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

BUT I'm wondering if i could apply for a 13a, in Australia. (its possible according to the AU website) whilst there.

That would be the preferred method.  If you'll be there long enough to get it done.  You may want to look at the requirements.

• Like 1

RogerDuMond
54 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

That would be the preferred method.  If you'll be there long enough to get it done.  You may want to look at the requirements.

https://www.philembassy.org.au/images/visa/non-quot_vis_req.pdf

https://www.philembassy.org.au/images/visa/immigrant_visa_application_quota_or_nonquota.pdf

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 1

cookie47
Thanks so much, everything required is quite easy IMHO,. I note the paragraph "if applying in person"
Interesting..... May not need to go to the embassy in person.

noddle
On 9/26/2018 at 11:32 PM, cookie47 said:

Thanks so much, everything required is quite easy IMHO,. I note the paragraph "if applying in person"
Interesting..... May not need to go to the embassy in person.emoji106.png

Year ago when before I first visited the Philippines, I looked into getting a visa from a embassy in Hobart ( Tasmania ), but since I lived over 4 hours away I didn't want to drive, I found out I could send my passport via registered mail, with a cheque and the paperwork,  but in the end I decided not to do this because I was worried about my passport getting lost,  and my tickets were only a month from departing

• Like 1

Woolf
12 minutes ago, noddle said:

Year ago when before I first visited the Philippines, I looked into getting a visa from a embassy in Hobart ( Tasmania ), but since I lived over 4 hours away I didn't want to drive, I found out I could send my passport via registered mail, with a cheque and the paperwork,  but in the end I decided not to do this because I was worried about my passport getting lost,  and my tickets were only a month from departing

I guess what you are talking about is a 9A tourist entry visa

That is not what cookie47  want or is talking about,    as I understand it is a 13A permanent resident visa

13A is complete different from a 9A

• Like 1

cookie47
I guess what you are talking about is a 9A tourist entry visa
That is not what cookie47  want or is talking about,    as I understand it is a 13A permanent resident visa
13A is complete different from a 9A
Correct

Chris24
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:36 AM, Gus said:

Or wifey n you do a nice quick trip to the cheapest possible overseas destination,and start balikbayan all over again .

Looks like the best bet, after trying a few other offices.  

• Like 1