Sign in to follow this  
Semper paratus

Seat Belts ???

Semper paratus

I see the LTO is pushing the enforcement of wearing seat belts in private cars/trucks. First let me say I always wear my seat belt. It became a habit quickly when I lived in one state in the U.S. where if you did not have a seat belt on and were in an accident your insurance was null an void. That will get your attention real fast, or at least it should. What I don't get is I can be fined for not wearing a seat belt in my car yet I am surrounded by thousands of motorcycles, buses, jeepneys, easyrides, and passenger vans that have no seat belts. How many of those old clunky looking sugar cane trucks do you suppose have seat belts ? Anyhow so here I am relatively safe in a car surrounded by steel , air bags, and whatnot, but motorcycles and these others have no seat belts. Does that not seem a bit odd ?  

lamoe
1 hour ago, Semper paratus said:

Does that not seem a bit odd ? 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Same with school buses in some states

Semper paratus
3 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

I see the LTO is pushing the enforcement of wearing seat belts in private cars/trucks. First let me say I always wear my seat belt. It became a habit quickly when I lived in one state in the U.S. where if you did not have a seat belt on and were in an accident your insurance was null an void. That will get your attention real fast, or at least it should. What I don't get is I can be fined for not wearing a seat belt in my car yet I am surrounded by thousands of motorcycles, buses, jeepneys, easyrides, and passenger vans that have no seat belts. How many of those old clunky looking sugar cane trucks do you suppose have seat belts ? Anyhow so here I am relatively safe in a car surrounded by steel , air bags, and whatnot, but motorcycles and these others have no seat belts. Does that not seem a bit odd ?  

Wow, I almost forgot the pedicabs / tricycles.

smokey
3 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

You mean enforcing the law.if a foreigner dont wear a seat belt saftey is the reason? Ha ha ha

• Haha 1

noddle

I was in a smaller jeepney ( the van type ) today,  since i'm tall, Ii try to get in the front,

the driver instructed me to wear the seat belt...  not sure if it was for my safety, or to avoid any fines.

this was in Davao

• Like 2

RogerDat

I think driver gets fined for passenger not wearing one, did not some one post about this recently.

Woolf
2 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

I think driver gets fined for passenger not wearing one, did not some one post about this recently.

g.1 Failure to Wear the Prescribed Seat Belt DeviceThis includes allowing a child 6 years old and below to be seated on the front passenger seat.₱ 1,000 (1st Offense)
₱ 2,000 (2nd Offense)
₱ 5,000 (3rd Offense)In addition, the driver’s license shall be suspended for a period of one (1) week from the payment of the fine, for the third and each succeeding offense.

g.2 Failure to Require His/Her Passenger/s to Wear the Prescribed Seat Belt Device

Includes Public Utility Vehicles failure to post appropriate signage’s instructing front seat passenger to wear seat-belts when inside the vehicle.

₱ 3,000(Both the Driver and Operator are liable to pay the fine for every violation)

• Like 1

lolhahaha

Yet...

jeepney-passengers-manila-philippines.jp

• Haha 3

Goetz1965

I always wear my seatbelt and also my gf does without me telling her.
That happened 2 years ago after I had to make a more fast break and she hit her head slightly on the dashboard. Since then she is wearing her seatbelt - proofs that they DO learn ... Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

to_dave007

got ticket for no seatbelt in San Carlos Negros when I passed through one day.  They acted professionally..  but was pain to have to divert from my path to pay it.

Jim_in_Jax

My wife and I always wear our seatbelts and require passengers to wear them also.  I almost always get groans and moans or giggling when I tell them to get their seatbelts on.  On this topic, are there child safety seat laws here?  We have always had one for our child who is 3 now but I got major resistance from the wife about getting one.  She tried to convince me with "Oh, I can hold the baby tight enough nothing would happen to her."  After I finished a good laugh, I paid for the seat and we left the store.  All her family seem quite surprised I require her to be in a child safety seat when we go somewhere.  I can only assume it must not be a law here by their reactions.

lamoe

https://youtu.be/eCeD5kvkVSs

"Married With Children: How Kelly Became Stupid"

Can't embed