James Williams

Weber BBQ Grill

James Williams

This Forum is great! Kenny has been very helpful in providing me with the name of the place where I can get Aussie beef. Now I have another question please. Can I get a Weber BBQ (gas or charcoal) in the Phils? Alternatively, which place sells BBQs on Camiguin? Thanks in anticipation. Many Regards and God Bless - James.

Headshot

Weber grills are available at Ace Hardware (SM City Mall) or True Value Hardware (Ayala Center Mall) in Cebu City. They also carry Char Broil grills.

• Like 1

James Williams

Thanks for that. James

Enuff
Thanks for that. James

If you just want a charcoal grill, most of the smaller Joe's fit in BB boxes and are much cheaper at home versus The Philippines, just a thought.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

newtocebu
3 hours ago, Enuff said:

If you just want a charcoal grill, most of the smaller Joe's fit in BB boxes and are much cheaper at home versus The Philippines, just a thought.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

This

I bought a good quality 4 burner barbie from Bunnings and shipped it over to Cebu with Forexworld (they ship BB boxes and any sized cargo)

Total landed cost was AUD$160 (~php6,500 ) 

Most of the 4 burner barbies I found in Cebu at the time were around php20,000 (and of questionable quality)

Edited by newtocebu
Thingy
  • Like 2

James Williams

anks so much - James. I don't know what happened to my reply but all I can see is my Thanks so much- James. So here I go again. Thanks to Woolf for the post on where I can buy Weber and to Artista on the suggestion about shipping one over from Bunnings. Many Thanks - James

Richard K

I bought a full size Weber (char-grill) at Ace hardware... every Ace I have been in anywhere here has them.. along with some knock-off replicas..(don't bother). I use it when i have company or when I want to do some smoked up pork belly or chicken... ( I did make some pretty decent Fin n Haddy using Dory instead of Haddock)...other times  I use a 2"x 18"x 24" rectangular grill to sear up a steak or chops..
The one problem I have here in the province is getting any decent even burning charcoal... I refuse to buy the bagged "briquette" stuff at Ace.. altho I will buy the apple and mesquite chips to smoke with
If you just want to sear up some steaks or chops?... might be cheaper to just buy a cheap-o grill from along side the road..  and replace as needed...I paid out the wazoo for the Weber... 

• Like 1

Soupeod
2 hours ago, Richard K said:

.I paid out the wazoo for the Weber.

I think i paid 3000p for mine.. but the coconut charcoal burns differently then charcoal.. i add wood to it as well turns out fine

Dafey
1 hour ago, soupeod said:

coconut charcoal burns differently then charcoal

Souperman is right about this. The local charcoal, (oolang), burns too fast and the coconut burns very slow. I mix a little local with my coconut to get it started and then I can slow cook. The family was a little put off with the way I grill at first but now the love it. Even hamburgers are juicier if you slow cook.

You can get a 20" Kettle grill, (not Weber) for less than 200 PHP at Ace

This is the beast I cook on and it came cheap from Lazada. They don't have it at the moment but I'm sure they will stock more soon.

DSCF1431.JPG

DSCF1448.thumb.JPG.aec32f2c94ea33062feec893700cff42.JPG

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soupeod
42 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Souperman is right about this. The local charcoal, (oolang), burns too fast and the coconut burns very slow. I mix a little local with my coconut to get it started and then I can slow cook. The family was a little put off with the way I grill at first but now the love it. Even hamburgers are juicier if you slow cook.

You can get a 20" Kettle grill, (not Weber) for less than 200 PHP at Ace

This is the beast I cook on and it came cheap from Lazada. They don't have it at the moment but I'm sure they will stock more soon.

DSCF1431.JPG

DSCF1448.thumb.JPG.aec32f2c94ea33062feec893700cff42.JPG

And he is a good cook!?

• Like 2

smokey

I just saw over 50 different units at the hypermart close to sm cebu in the hrm store i think its called

• Like 1

James Williams

Thank you all for the information. I think there is an Ace Hardware in CDO. We could take the ferry from Benoni, and buy one there but I really like Artista's suggestion to buy a 4 burner gas bbq here from Bunnings and ship it over. I didn't realise the shipping from here was so good and cheap using Forex! Many Regards and God Bless - Have a happy day - I will - James.

James Williams

Thanks Smokey. - James