Sign in to follow this  
hydro

Car Insurance

hydro

I have a Strada and need to get some insurance for it. When I purchased the vehicle new the dealer arranged the insurance but I have been told that dealer insurance is very expensive. From memory the cost was about php30,000 for the year.

The insurance I am after needs to cover multiple drivers and cover me for ANYTHING that happens on our fabulous roads.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company or broker?

Any idea of how much this type of insurance would cost?

Davaoeno

Nobody offers insurance that covers ANYTHING. Some things such as ACTS OF GOD are always excluded. I am not sure but Acts of Terrorism might be excluded also.

But if you want insurance that covers all normal road hazards try Philippine British. For a one year old Strada I would guess you are looking about 22000?with a 4500 per occurrence deductible

Goetz1965

Just GOOGLE for it - you get alot of links and then choose which one to get.

lamoe

Not sure about here but in US most common  "Acts of God" are covered and anything you can think of also (additional charge)

Need Comprehensive in addition to Liability.

https://www.carinsurance.com/Articles/comprehensive-auto-insurance-acts-of-god.aspx

I do have both and injured party medical.

maximian

We use Fortune insurance. The wife's car was involved in a hit and run and they were very easy to deal with which came as a surprise. You can get a quote and then ask for discount.   

rizla

Why not continue with the Insurance company the dealer used, they should give you a substantial discount, if not then look for another company, but in my (limited) experience, they want your business and can offer vastly lower prices if pushed.

My Insurance started at 28k, when I told my dealer I would buy the insurance myself, he got 8k discount, 20k for a Mitz G4 fully comp seemed reasonable to me.

billy
1 hour ago, rizla said:

Why not continue with the Insurance company the dealer used, they should give you a substantial discount, if not then look for another company, but in my (limited) experience, they want your business and can offer vastly lower prices if pushed.

My Insurance started at 28k, when I told my dealer I would buy the insurance myself, he got 8k discount, 20k for a Mitz G4 fully comp seemed reasonable to me.

Fizzle that’s all wrong dealer is generally more expensive by 20-30%..BDO sells inexpensive auto insurance 

5 hours ago, hydro said:

I have a Strada and need to get some insurance for it. When I purchased the vehicle new the dealer arranged the insurance but I have been told that dealer insurance is very expensive. From memory the cost was about php30,000 for the year.

The insurance I am after needs to cover multiple drivers and cover me for ANYTHING that happens on our fabulous roads.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company or broker?

Any idea of how much this type of insurance would cost?

BDO sells autu insurance 3rd floor above BDO Bank on Gorordo in Cebu

billy
5 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Nobody offers insurance that covers ANYTHING. Some things such as ACTS OF GOD are always excluded. I am not sure but Acts of Terrorism might be excluded also.

But if you want insurance that covers all normal road hazards try Philippine British. For a one year old Strada I would guess you are looking about 22000?with a 4500 per occurrence deductible

BDO deductible 2000

Headshot

MAPFRE Insurance from Insular Life is a good option. I have full coverage insurance on my Chevy Spin for less than 20k pesos. They are located on the second floor of the Insular Life Building behind Ayala Center Mall in Cebu City.

Davaoeno

deleted

Edited by Davaoeno

lamoe
1 minute ago, Davaoeno said:

According to some here you can get insurance to cover everything.  I say bullshit .  Here is a list of the things that the car insurance offered by BDO does NOT cover :

Section III: Exclusions The Insurer will not pay for: a) Items that were lost or stolen from a vehicle; b) Any motor vehicle including automobiles, boats and airplanes, and any equipment and/or parts necessary for their operation and/or maintenance; c) Permanent household and/or business fixtures, including but not limited to carpeting, flooring and/or tile, air conditioners, refrigerators, or heaters; d) Travelers checks, cash, tickets of any kind, negotiable instruments, bullion, rare or precious coins or stamps, plants, animals, consumables, perishables and services; e) Art, antiques, firearms, and collectible items; f) Furs, jewelry, gems, precious stones and articles made of or containing gold or other precious metals and/or precious stones; g) Items the Insured have rented or leased; h) Used, rebuilt, refurbished, or re-manufactured items at the time of purchase; i) Shipping and handling expenses or installation, assembly related costs; j) Items purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use; k) Losses that are caused by vermin, insects, termites, mold, wet or dry rot, bacteria or rust; l) Losses due to mechanical failure, electrical failure, software failure, or data failure including, but not limited to any electrical power interruption, surge, brownout or blackout, or telecommunications or satellite systems failure; m) Items damaged due to normal wear and tear, inherent product defect or normal course of play (such as, but not limited to sporting or recreational equipment); n) Items that the Insured damaged through alteration (including cutting, sewing, and shaping); o) Items left unattended in a place to which the general public has access; 2 p) Losses due to or related to nuclear, biological or chemical event; q) Losses that do not occur within the policy period; r) Losses that result from or related to business pursuits including the Insured’s work or profession; s) Losses caused by illegal acts; t) Losses that the Insured have intentionally caused; u) Losses that result from the direct actions of a relative, or actions that a relative knew of or planned; v) Losses due to war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war has been declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion, uprising, military or usurped power, martial law, terrorism, riot or the act of any lawfully constituted authority; w) Losses due to the order of any government, public authority, or customers’ officials. Section IV: Conditions a) The damage or loss of the items must be within ninety (90) days from the purchase date. b) Items given as gifts are included. c) The Insurer will decide whether to have the item repaired or replaced, or to reimburse the Insured

You can get anything insured against whatever you want. Up to and including getting hit by a meteorite or meteor - need different polices.

Remember the old publicity stunt of insuring a dancers legs for $1,000,000.00?

The policy was real - had riders forbidding any sports that might cause injury to legs among other things.

IF you're willing to pay for it!!

That's BDO, what they cover here as standard is immaterial and is usually sub-par compared to other countries.

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

That's BDO, what they cover here as standard is immaterial and is usually sub-par compared to other countries.

Terry I deleted that post because that is a list of exclusions for personal property insurance- [ I was deceived by the heading]

lamoe
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Terry I deleted that post because that is a list of exclusions for personal property insurance- [ I was deceived by the heading]

OK, left right after posting - Carbon at night  - whole different feeling to it.

• Confused 1

smokey

I not only still use the mit insurance from the dealer but a perk is they register truck also my truck is a 2015 i paid this year.19 800