A_Simple_Man

Donations

oztony

:wheel:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

to_dave007
1 hour ago, Bama said:

I stick to by what I said back in Dec after rereading it.

I have no PP account nor know anyone that does so your suggestion wasn't helpful. I probably missed the WU part of your answer since I never used their services.The other questions that you cite in my post were a compilation of questions asked in the thread that were never answered---most of which I had no concerns about but obviously the person asking them did.

I will stand by this comment also----what has changed in addressing any of these issues since Dec?

I think Bama makes a good point.  If you DON'T have PayPal or a major western credit card.. then really.. how DO you make a donation?  We live here in the Philippines where people send money by LBC and others.  I think there needs to be some way for someone without a credit card or PayPal to pay. 

RogerDuMond
2 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I think Bama makes a good point.  If you DON'T have PayPal or a major western credit card.. then really.. how DO you make a donation?  We live here in the Philippines where people send money by LBC and others.  I think there needs to be some way for someone without a credit card or PayPal to pay. 

Several people, including myself, volunteered to make the Paypal payment for him if he got the money to us.

• Like 5

Soupeod
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

Several people, including myself, volunteered to make the Paypal payment for him if he got the money to us.

So.. a Palawan pawnshop payment to Roger and he will take care of it. 😊 case solved.

• Like 1

oztony
8 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

So.. a Palawan pawnshop payment to Roger and he will take care of it. 😊 case solved.

You think..?... 

Semper paratus
4 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I use a prepaid Visa card from my BPI bank. You just load it with whatever amount I want on it. I don't keep much on it so if someone hacked it they won't get far or rich. No problem with it since I got it a few years ago.

• Thanks 1

Soupeod
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, oztony said:

You think..?... 

Yes I do on occasion 😊, yourself?

Edited by Soupeod
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bama
10 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Do you normally send monies to screen names of people that you don't know found on a website ?

For your sake, I certainly hope not.

Dafey

So with all the options that have been laid out for Members to donate, if they are still having issues using one I would thank them and say don't sweat it. We'll be fine and you're welcome to peruse the Forum anyway.

• Like 5

oztony
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

So with all the options that have been laid out for Members to donate, if they are still having issues using one I would thank them and say don't sweat it. We'll be fine and you're welcome to peruse the Forum anyway.

Because any more than that is just going to be far too painful and difficult to contemplate...

• Like 1

Salty Dog
3 hours ago, Bama said:

Do you normally send monies to screen names of people that you don't know found on a website ?

For your sake, I certainly hope not.

Sometimes you just have to have a little faith. 

Tell me which way you would like to contribute and I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

Davaoeno
29 minutes ago, oztony said:

Because any more than that is just going to be far too painful and difficult to contemplate...

I assume that you are being sarcastic when you say that - since it is not rocket science.

If someone doesn't want to donate  it is very easy to find an excuse- any excuse- why they  don't .   [ ie I dont want to send money to Salty Dog because I know that's not your real name.]   [ or I want a fully audited copy of Linc's last 10 years SEC and IRS filings !! etc ]

Well guess what - no one is asking you to send money to Salty Dog. But if you are honest about wanting to send money you will instantly be given the name of a real live bona fide living breathing person !!   So please don't come up with these obviously contrived excuses .

From what some people have said it seems that on occasion the mods/admins/owner have dropped the ball and not facilitated a donation. I have been assured by the very highest authority that that will never happen again !!!  

So it seems that there are no more valid excuses .   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Salty Dog

I don't think Bama was talking about sending money to me. I thought he was talking about sending money to someone else, who would then send it to LinC.

Davaoeno trusted me to handle P30,000 in cash that another member owed him for a deposit on a car. I think I may have met him once before that. In fact the member that gave me the $30,000 was taking a chance as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I thought he was talking about sending money to someone else

He was talking about Roger . I just used  you as a generic example . 

In the 9? years i have been on this forum I have only heard of one person soliciting funds which were not paid as expected and that person is no longer with us so I feel pretty safe sending a paltry $30 to a Linc member.  [ As Don said we trusted him with  a 30,000 Php deposit  to facilitate the sale of my car in Davao to a member in Cebu ]

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1

Salty Dog
4 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

He was talking about Roger . I just used  you as a generic example . 

In the 9? years i have been on this forum I have only heard of one person soliciting funds which were not paid as expected and that person is no longer with us so I feel pretty safe sending a paltry $30 to a Linc member.  [ As Don said we trusted him with $30,000 to facilitate the sale of my car in Davao to a member in Cebu ]

Roger, the guy with his own tennis court, already has more money than he could ever spend anyway...:P

@RogerDuMond

• Haha 1