Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

Donations

to_dave007

I've donated in the past..  and at one time I thought I was one of those lifetime members.  Course..  I don't know WHOSE lifetime, and since Paul is gone..  well..  you know.

Anyway.. thanks for this thread..  as it reminds me it's time..  so I donated today..  After all.. someone needs to pay the costs of hosting this site.  I know it's not free, and I'll do my part.

2 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

I'll never donate a penny to LinC, nor do I click on any ads.

With an attitude like you have expressed..  do you really expect to have a positive experience here?  I don't know how old you are, but surely you are old enough to want to make your remaining days more positive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Dafey

Thank you Dave!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Kabisay-an gid
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dafey said:

second...nobody made a personal attack at you. However you have come close to personally attacking others.

An unprovoked comment directed at me in the other thread, where Dafey insists no personal attack was made against me:

Posted by Ozepete:

"please take your hatred and shove it up your arse."

Of course, I had actually expressed no hatred, nor did any of the articles I posted. And I hadn't made any comments toward or about Ozepete in that thread.

As I stated previously, there are very clear reasons that only a miniscule percentage of members have donated in recent times to the forums. Less than 3 dozen out of many thousands of members. Not to mention the miniscule number of people who post here nowadays.

Edited by Kabisay-an gid

Kabisay-an gid
7 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

With an attitude like you have expressed..  do you really expect to have a positive experience here?  I don't know how old you are, but surely you are old enough to want to make your remaining days more positive.

You don't know me from Adam, thus you're being quite presumptuous. You're one who's often bitching about America and other things, so you're no light of positivity yourself.

I'm a positive guy - I like the Philippines, and Filipinos in general - I'm always one of the first here to defend Pinoys/Philippines against bashers and haters. Yet I don't attempt to gloss over legitimate criticisms of the country and some of its citizens.

I get along fine with my Filipino in-laws - all decent folks. We hang out together and have a good time when I visit the Philippines every year. They never ask for money or anything else.

I give money to several established and reputable charities in both the Philippines and USA. I do volunteer work at my church.

Unlike you, I don't prejudge people I don't know. 

• Like 1

HTM
12 hours ago, Dafey said:

Moderators were attacking and trying to silence members and their views/posts, even in the comfort room.

Moderators ans Admin are members to, and in the CR they also should be able to make jokes and "misbehave"  as all others!
If some don't like this,  they free to say "bye bye to the CR" its voluntary to be a member there.

Sometime when I'm crying  in the night from attack in the CR I also thinking of leaving the CR, but in the morning I'm back....   LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

to_dave007
5 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

You're one who's often bitching about America and other things, so you're no light of positivity yourself.

Unlike you, I don't prejudge people I don't know. 

If you say so.

Dafey

Okay...the threads about donations...moving forward anything off topic or bickering or pushing personal agenda will be hidden and dealt with if necessary.

Thanks to those who donate!

Davaoeno

With all due respect- I believe that discussing why members dont donate is at least as important as discussing why some do . We need to determine if it's a general thing that might require some changes- or just a personal thing .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bama
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

With all due respect- I believe that discussing why members dont donate is at least as important as discussing why some do .

Couldn't agree more. Perhaps I can offer some insight on this subject.

Recall just before Xmas the subject of LinC donations was brought up. After some back and forth I offered up a compilation post which included questions and concerns that myself and others had on this subject. Right about then a heavy handed mod stepped in and posted a fair amount of snark about non donars especially ones who questioned the process. Perhaps some responded to the snark and donated----others perhaps not----for myself I just faded away.

In my compilation of questions/concerns post two of the questions were of my own.To date my questions were never answered. As I don't live in Cebu nor have a PayPal account, I believe that my queries had some merit.

Question #1   How can people that live in Leyte donate?

Question #2   Can I make my donation in PHP?

Never got a response back so had to conclude that the LinC fund raising season was over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dafey
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

With all due respect- I believe that discussing why members dont donate is at least as important as discussing why some do . We need to determine if it's a general thing that might require some changes- or just a personal thing .

Agree with you 100% Dav but the thread was starting to go sideways as peeps, (including me), started referring to another thread. I should have hid those posts yesterday but waited too long so now they stand.

Soooo....back to donations or not to donate?

1 hour ago, Bama said:

a heavy handed mod stepped in and posted a fair amount of snark

Can't imagine who that was?

1 hour ago, Bama said:

PM those questions to me and we'll try to work it out. Sorry your attempt was not addressed sooner.

• Like 2

Jawny
12 minutes ago, Dafey said:

PM those questions to me and we'll try to work it out. Sorry your attempt was not addressed sooner.

Why do queries about the topic of donations need to use PM features?  

Dafey

Because it may involve finding a Member that he trusts to receive cash and donate it for him and then Salty can put the donation in his name. Whoever the good Samaritan is may not want to publicize it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HTM
Posted (edited)

You dont need a PayPal to pay to a PayPal account I believe, In the start here before I move permanent to the Philippines I pay 50USD monthly. That was before all this "double elite platinum diamante" things.
Personally I don't like a system like this, but that's me. 

I hope all that can or like to donate to the forum! And click on the add sometimes.

Edited by HTM
  • Like 2

Salty Dog
4 hours ago, Bama said:

Couldn't agree more. Perhaps I can offer some insight on this subject.

Recall just before Xmas the subject of LinC donations was brought up. After some back and forth I offered up a compilation post which included questions and concerns that myself and others had on this subject. Right about then a heavy handed mod stepped in and posted a fair amount of snark about non donars especially ones who questioned the process. Perhaps some responded to the snark and donated----others perhaps not----for myself I just faded away.

In my compilation of questions/concerns post two of the questions were of my own.To date my questions were never answered. As I don't live in Cebu nor have a PayPal account, I believe that my queries had some merit.

Never got a response back so had to conclude that the LinC fund raising season was over.

On 12/20/2018 at 2:13 AM, Bama said:

How would one contribute to LinC without a PayPal account?

Can you contribute PHP instead of USD?

On 12/20/2018 at 2:24 AM, Salty Dog said:

In the past people have used Western Union. Others have given to another member with a PayPal account to summit their donation for them. 

Payments have to be in US dollars, or at least converted to US dollars during the transaction.

I'm not really involved with the actual transfer of funds. Once a donation is made, the owner contacts me with the information. Of course if a member donated via the donation link, I can see the information on the logs. A member can choose to be anonymous, but that just means others can't see the donation. Of course when you receive an upgrade to sponsor or a jeweled sponsor, it should be obvious you donated. 

I'm sorry if you felt my response to your post was not responsive. Especially since I answered your questions in 11 minutes and you even gave me a Thanks for it.

However you did respond later in the same thread, implying your questions weren't being answered.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:00 AM, Bama said:

When a persons asks a reasonable question about donating monies to LinC then a reasonable attempt should be made to get an answer.The response that I often saw to questions asked has been (paraphrasing here) blah,blah,blah well anyway STFU and donate you cheap F..ks. This is certainly not a very effective way to convince some one to do anything.

IMO this fund raising thing should have been sorted out and in stone years ago.The Donation Stats board as I posted earlier is ambiguous at best. Are there other ways to donate other than PP---no answer. Can you donate in PHP---unknown.How can people in Leyte donate---a mystery.How much is needed to get LinC into the black---no one will say. And finally when asked about who owns LinC so they might know where their money is going---NUNYA (a Dafey-ism, LOL). All these questions and more are being asked 5 days before Xmas when people are often their most generous.

If the owner is truly losing money on LinC then IMO he/she/ has no one to blame but themselves.

Bama
17 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

When a persons asks a reasonable question about donating monies to LinC then a reasonable attempt should be made to get an answer.The response that I often saw to questions asked has been (paraphrasing here) blah,blah,blah well anyway STFU and donate you cheap F..ks. This is certainly not a very effective way to convince some one to do anything.

IMO this fund raising thing should have been sorted out and in stone years ago.The Donation Stats board as I posted earlier is ambiguous at best. Are there other ways to donate other than PP---no answer. Can you donate in PHP---unknown.How can people in Leyte donate---a mystery.How much is needed to get LinC into the black---no one will say. And finally when asked about who owns LinC so they might know where their money is going---NUNYA (a Dafey-ism, LOL). All these questions and more are being asked 5 days before Xmas when people are often their most generous.

If the owner is truly losing money on LinC then IMO he/she/ has no one to blame but themselves.

I stick to by what I said back in Dec after rereading it.

I have no PP account nor know anyone that does so your suggestion wasn't helpful. I probably missed the WU part of your answer since I never used their services.The other questions that you cite in my post were a compilation of questions asked in the thread that were never answered---most of which I had no concerns about but obviously the person asking them did.

All these questions and more are being asked 5 days before Xmas when people are often their most generous.

I will stand by this comment also----what has changed in addressing any of these issues since Dec?