Roadside Blues Diner - Tacloban City

On the way to San Jose . . . . We happened upon this joint. Walked in because it looked cool. Saw the menu and chatted the owner up and decided to eat. He worked in Dubai for 9 years and now he is 29 and doing his own thing. Calls it Filipino Fusion Food. Using local ingredients to to make the best he can.

Here's is what we ordered:

Sisig taco p120

BBQ bacon burger p145

Buffalo wings & rice p170

French fries p60

Strawberry shake p90

San Miguel Apple p60

Taco was filled with delicious sisig, cheese, cabbage, tomatoes and carrots . . . . I knew in advance it was a soft tortilla but it was almost a meal. Served with fresh camote chips (sweet potato).

The BBQ burger was a big topic of discussion, I knew it was local Beed but he swore he cooked it well and uses a 70/30 mix and only season with salt and pepper. Probably a 1/4 easy. 3 strips bacon. BBQ sauce, mayo and s tomato slice on a nice bun. One if the juiciest burgers I've ever eaten and I devoured every bite. p145 and it also came with the camote chips. Awesome

French fries were run of the mill but cooked perfectly and not greasy. Served with mayo and ketchup.

Buffalo wings were to hold sauce. 2 huge wings well done and crispy with some seasoning but not spicy. Wife enjoys and also came with a little cup of chopped fresh veggies with light dressing. Must have been delicious cause it disappeared.

The strawberry milkshake was called something different but don't recall. It was served as strawberry shake on bottom, cream on top with chocolate sauce and mini marshmallows. Tasted like ice, cream, strawberry quick mix . . . . Pretty darn delicious.

Will definitely head back for new items and another freaking burger.

https://www.facebook.com/RoadsideBluesDiner/

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Thalcoozyo

I'm confused... Tacloban?  But the linked Facebook map is not of Tacloban City.  Or am I missing something?

Enuff
I'm confused... Tacloban?  But the linked Facebook map is not of Tacloban City.  Or am I missing something?

Looks like an error on FB

Here is the proper map

Roadside Blues Diner
Brgy. 83-A Burayan, Sanjose, Tacloban, Hilagang Leyte
0905 509 4847

https://maps.google.com/?cid=17577505999602238922

• Thanks 1

Been by this place dozens of time and have never seen it open.Now, I see why---it doesn't open until 3PM. Just found my dinner spot for tonight.

If in this area again don't forget about Joe's Texas BBQ restaurant. It's run and owned by an ex-pat who makes a good burger also.

• Like 1
Soupeod
On 9/20/2018 at 6:51 PM, Enuff said:

On the way to San Jose . . . . We happened upon this joint. Walked in because it looked cool. Saw the menu and chatted the owner up and decided to eat. He worked in Dubai for 9 years and now he is 29 and doing his own thing. Calls it Filipino Fusion Food. Using local ingredients to to make the best he can.

Here's is what we ordered:

Sisig taco p120

BBQ bacon burger p145

Buffalo wings & rice p170

French fries p60

Strawberry shake p90

San Miguel Apple p60

Taco was filled with delicious sisig, cheese, cabbage, tomatoes and carrots . . . . I knew in advance it was a soft tortilla but it was almost a meal. Served with fresh camote chips (sweet potato).

The BBQ burger was a big topic of discussion, I knew it was local Beed but he swore he cooked it well and uses a 70/30 mix and only season with salt and pepper. Probably a 1/4 easy. 3 strips bacon. BBQ sauce, mayo and s tomato slice on a nice bun. One if the juiciest burgers I've ever eaten and I devoured every bite. p145 and it also came with the camote chips. Awesome

French fries were run of the mill but cooked perfectly and not greasy. Served with mayo and ketchup.

Buffalo wings were to hold sauce. 2 huge wings well done and crispy with some seasoning but not spicy. Wife enjoys and also came with a little cup of chopped fresh veggies with light dressing. Must have been delicious cause it disappeared.

The strawberry milkshake was called something different but don't recall. It was served as strawberry shake on bottom, cream on top with chocolate sauce and mini marshmallows. Tasted like ice, cream, strawberry quick mix . . . . Pretty darn delicious.

Will definitely head back for new items and another freaking burger.

https://www.facebook.com/RoadsideBluesDiner/

I am definitely going to try that burger next time im in Tacloban.

Just got back from the Blues Diner and the food was as good as Enuff described.

Simple to get to for the T Town newby. As you go through the round about take the road that heads toward the airport----the restaurant will be a couple of hundred yards on your left.Has two 55 gal.drums used as BBQ grills out front.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Thalcoozyo
On 10/7/2018 at 12:27 AM, Bama said:

If in this area again don't forget about Joe's Texas BBQ restaurant. It's run and owned by an ex-pat who makes a good burger also.

So where is this?   My google maps doesn't show it.

1 hour ago, Thalcoozyo said:

So where is this?   My google maps doesn't show it.

Easy enough.

If you were going towards town (on what becomes Real St.) from Robinsons Mall you will encounter the same round about mentioned previously.Instead of turning right to go to Blues Diner you would effectively turn left.Up ahead a few miles you will see that the road has a fork in it---left goes to Palo---right heads north out of T Town.As you just start to take the left fork you will see a small shopping center on your left.Quickly turn into the parking lot and you are at Joes.

• 4 weeks later...
colemanlee

So if it works this time this is a map for Joes place

Edited by colemanlee