Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

The Truth About Heart Disease

Headshot

• Like 6

liquido

Very interesting...I liked that alot...I have a few books by other doctors that say the same thing..I find trying to resist carbs ALOT harder than I did with sugar which was not a problem for me..If you like coffee google bullet Proof coffee,its great ...Thanks for posting..

Ricbak

Yes

The question of  what causes heart disease,inflammation etc  is still debatable and certainly the push for low fat diets has led to  people being encouraged to eat high carb  diets  leading to increased rates of obesity and diabetes.....

but Google 'Dr Dwight Lundell" and you will find out a few more things about him which  suggests he is not the shining light in Medicine 

• Thanks 3

RogerDat

Check out one of his detractors. They are all corrupt. http://www.quackpotwatch.org/quackpots/quackpots/barrett.htm

I have diabetes, hi cholesterol, and plaque in my legs, heart vessels, and neck veins.
I have 2 stints around my heart, have had bypass surgery on both legs, nephropathy,
and recently had a heart attack, and triple bypass  surgery in April. What he said is correct  from my reading of available literature, and web sights presentations.
What ever else he has been involved in, he hit the nail on the head about sugar.    

• Thanks 1

Fish Sandwich

Another heart surgeon basically saying the same thing and taking it one step further:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4KfKapvnuI&feature=youtu.be&t=24s

A good site about statins:

https://spacedoc.com/

I've personally experienced the statin "amnesia" as well as one of my best friends who couldn't remember I had visited him two months prior. I thought he was losing his mind and then put the pieces together.

Edited by Fish Sandwich

Soupeod

Sheesh i couldnt sit through that lecture.. can someone post the bottom line.

liquido
27 minutes ago, soupeod said:

Sheesh i couldnt sit through that lecture.. can someone post the bottom line.

Google Probiotics.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fish Sandwich
5 minutes ago, liquido said:

Google Probiotics.....

While I can see the benefit of probiotics, all the ones I took made me gain weight, more bloated and constipated. It was basically like torture. :) Yakult might be the one exception...

I think the bottom line is, if you're not interested enough to listen to a 20 minute youtube video and otherwise take an interest in your own health (because nobody else cares, including probably your doctor, and everyone is different), you should probably just blindly follow your doctor's orders and hope for the best?

• Thanks 1

RogerDat

I had the same reaction with the PB it would seam. I took Antiox, and have recovered. I am working on a post to the original, that is my take on what he says, will post it soon (as I finish it).