Pies And Bacon - Yes Again

What a great find, and situated on Lapu Lapu.

I will be saving the link,  thanks.  ?

I am wondering, is the bacon nitrate free?

• Like 1
Headshot

I'm not an expert, but they have pretty decent meat pies at Abaca.

1311580109_AbacaMeatPies.jpg.b156760dd11350d3dd63ef313deaf005.jpg

• Like 1

Ron welsh deli delivers from my neck of the woods, excellent range of goods.

google welshdeli and they are on facebook

Edited by MickyG
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Detour said:

What a great find, and situated on Lapu Lapu.

I will be saving the link,  thanks.  ?

I am wondering, is the bacon nitrate free?

no idea - but given the amount of processed sausages and hot dogs in my freezer that are probably nitrate/nitrite-ridden - a little more probably won't make a lot of difference :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Headshot said:

I'm not an expert, but they have pretty decent meat pies at Abaca.

1311580109_AbacaMeatPies.jpg.b156760dd11350d3dd63ef313deaf005.jpg

Yep Ababaca have a decent range of pies and rolls at times - in fact I picked up a "chicken turnover" at the Cybergate Abaca yesterday but am yet to try.

It just seems at times it'll depend on the baker - a few have been overcooked and dry - but hell, with enough sauce they still hit the spot OK ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, MickyG said:

Ron welsh deli delivers from my neck of the woods, excellent range of goods.

google welshdeli and they are on facebook

yep - I looked at their range a while back - looks great.  I didn't pull the trigger to buy as I was about to do a trip to another island, so coordinating the delivery from Manila got in the way.

Looks like my delivery from Lapu Lapu will arrive today - shop owner has been great with communications and service so far ? 

• Like 1
Busted Dick

I have tried both the pies and the bacon from Wholottafoods and can definitely recommend them.  

• Like 2

Funny, just yesterday My oldest daughter and I were discussing a complete menu change and make over of our food trailer

My idea was The pie guy---- with products ranging from Euro style meat pies to southern style fruit pies 

Being a gear jammer for a number of years I came across a highly successful little business with excellent product and I am planning to copy her business except with a 24ft mobile vending trailer and not a brick and mortar building 

So what say all the Brits on the forum. Would meat pie recipes  be a good cross over for this style of crust

Ever get to Davis OK Stop and get a couple, you wont be disappointed, I would buy 20-30 at a time frozen

The twist would be a slight change in machinery with this

Edited by KID
  • Like 2

I have to say - great service. They were hand delivered by one of the owners less that 24 hours after I ordered - 

So far have had a Beef, Bacon and Cheese pie - pretty damn tasty, lots of beef, bacon and gravy :thumbs_up: 

Now why all the frozen peas here are like eating green marbles I will never know :huh_01:

image.png.5822f4ddad0935d2e772b7983bd4d8da.png

image.png.8e410ab4eedf68959b592b2f44296e75.png

Bacon was also great - so much better than the frozen slivers usually found here in the supermarkets ...

image.png.d0f6b89922ff5747b57ce42338100041.png

image.png.65902a29556b4917d6c425d1396f5061.png

image.png.ad8b4f2e2e4dc116417a1bb0f0450e78.png

I have a wedding to attend in a week - so the other pie tastings will have to wait :rolleyes:

• Like 3