Sign in to follow this  
Salty Dog

Post Count

Salty Dog

During yesterday's update; a post count was performed on all members.

The counts are currently correct as to the number of posts a member has, but it appears that some members have lower counts than before.

I couldn't find large gaps of missing posts. Or for that matter, any missing post at all.

It appears that post from hidden forums which were previously counted, such as the Dirty Kitchen, The Cellar and the Outlaw Forums, are no longer counted because those forums were deleted along with all the posts in them.

The reputation (likes) count seems to still be the same though.

As I've said the current post count is correct. You can check it yourself by going to your profile and selecting the See my activity button on the right side. It will list every post you've made.

apture.JPG

Just multiply the number of pages by 25 and you will be pretty close to the number of posts. The last page may have less than 25 post listed.

Capte.JPG

oztony

I lost 8k posts .......

Enuff

File a grievance!

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

HeyMike

I lost 6k, but I do appreciate the explanation. I must have spent a lot of time in the dk.

• Like 1

Semper paratus

I lost about 156. At least now I know it wasn't just my imagination or that I was going senile.

KID

lost over 6k

jtmwatchbiz
6 hours ago, oztony said:

I lost 8k posts .......

yep about the same for me too.  if they shave off another 7k of mine i will then feel less embarrassed for spending way too much time blabbering on in this forum :biggrin_01:

• Like 1

Dafey

I only lost irrelevant posts...about 12,000 :good:

shadow

I have no idea, never paid any attention to post count, reputation points, etc.

• Like 5

HeyMike

I thought the reputation points were redeemable at Jollibee's. Seems I was misinformed (sigh).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Dafey
27 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

I thought the reputation points were redeemable at Jollibee

I'm saving up for a car...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chris24

I'm sure a lot of my posts are missing, because when I check my history it's obvious that I am MUCH smarter than my remaining posts would indicate……

Actually I did participate more in the basement forums that are no longer here, so appreciate the explanation on why post count may have changed.  I would not really have noticed though.

Edit:  Except for Broden's epic and often-visited thread about who wants to see my (&^*%^%), where he'd make endless promises and then never deliver, no matter how many response posts, screen-refreshes, PMs and bribery attempts, etc. other forum members made.  Now those posts should count......

Edited by Chris24
  • Like 1

Headshot

It is funny that the software dropped the posts from the old hidden forums from the count after those forums were discontinued, but kept the reputation points from those same forums. How does that work?

Salty Dog
2 minutes ago, Headshot said:

It is funny that the software dropped the posts from the old hidden forums from the count after those forums were discontinued, but kept the reputation points from those same forums. How does that work?

I have no idea. The recount was done numerous times since those forums were deleted and never changed anyone's count.

The Outlaw forum was only hidden at first and then later deleted.

The reputation points are showing what likes you received, even if some of the post you received them for have been deleted.

I'm not sure why your post count changed, because I don't show you were in any of the hidden forums. Unless you were in one and then had yourself removed.

Headshot
7 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I'm not sure why your post count changed, because I don't show you were in any of the hidden forums. Unless you were in one and then had yourself removed.

I'm not sure either, but my post count has changed suddenly a few times over the years, and every time the count has gone up and not down. You are correct that I never belonged to the old hidden forums, so that had no effect on me either way. I have no idea how the forum software tracks posts and reputation points, but it certainly seems to be a mystery to all involved.