SkyMan

Looking For White Plastic Tape

SkyMan

I need to mark some lines in my yard.  Sort of like marking the boundaries for a sand volleyball court.  One thing I've seen is like a roll of paper towels with no perforations and made of like a plastic fiber.  Another option would be something like police tape but white instead of yellow.  Anyone know where I can get something like that?

RogerDuMond
28 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I need to mark some lines in my yard.  Sort of like marking the boundaries for a sand volleyball court.  One thing I've seen is like a roll of paper towels with no perforations and made of like a plastic fiber.  Another option would be something like police tape but white instead of yellow.  Anyone know where I can get something like that?

Not sure if this would work for you or not.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/self-adhesive-pvc-lane-aisle-marking-floor-tape-safety-tape-50mm33m-white-i255230313-s350986577.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.39.51de114fqRYHEW&search=1

• Like 1

SkyMan

Thanks but it doesn't need to be sticky, in fact, I'd rather it not be.  I'll probably stick some large nails or stakes down and then run the tape around those.  Probably just a large rectangle.

lamoe
47 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Thanks but it doesn't need to be sticky, in fact, I'd rather it not be.  I'll probably stick some large nails or stakes down and then run the tape around those.  Probably just a large rectangle.

If large isn't too large can always use sticky and stick two together

Jawny

I don’t recall where in Cebu, but stores that sell various rolls of plastic such as that used for coverings will often have cheap, single color plastic in rolls, various widths.  I’ve bought rolls many times to use as a tarp, in varying thicknesses depending upon my plans.  

You can buy a few meters of the material and make cuts as wide as you need and piecethem together.  I know it’s a work around, but in the absence of the real tape you want, this might work.

Electrical (plastic) tape is sold in white in most hardware store I’ve been to.  Too narrow?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

samatm

Why not flour  or rice powder... Chalk lines...  

• Like 2

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Jawny said:

Electrical (plastic) tape is sold in white in most hardware store I’ve been to.  Too narrow?

Maybe a little too narrow but probably too expensive.  It may need to be put out for a while, then taken up and later put out again.  I probably need about a basketball court size.  Like 40 yards by 25 yards rectangle.

2 hours ago, samatm said:

Why not flour  or rice powder... Chalk lines...  

Probably ok if I had the line machine, until it rains.

• Like 1

Headshot
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Maybe a little too narrow but probably too expensive.  It may need to be put out for a while, then taken up and later put out again.  I probably need about a basketball court size.  Like 40 yards by 25 yards rectangle.

Probably ok if I had the line machine, until it rains.

Chalk line to make the lines, spray paint to make them somewhat permanent. I assume you will do something with this area.

• Like 1

to_dave007

Sandy/stony open field in Asturias was marked with lines for some track and field event last time I drove by.  Running lanes etc.  Likely needed to be really inexpensive for whoever put it there.  Don't think it was spray paint.  I'm sure I've seen it there before and it just disappeared after some time.  I'm leaning towards a powder. 

Into city Monday so will drive by after sun up Monday and I'll check it out.  Of course.. that won't help with the "where to get it" part.

Ideas so far: rice husks, powdered white limestone

Edited by to_dave007

Jawny

Have you considered fabric?  Even if it gets soiled, if it’s washable it might work for a long while.  

• Like 1

BossHog
5 hours ago, Headshot said:

spray paint to make them somewhat permanent.

Good idea. That sounds easy, fast, and cheap.

Edited by BossHog

lamoe

40 x 25 rec = 125 yards = 375 feet

6' = width of material to start - white if you can find it - tarpaulin

Cut in 2" wide reversing strips - leave two inches at ends = 36 strips x almost 6 feet long = 2 yards of material?

Reverse fold over - glue together  = 1 very long strip - over 400 feet? - a pain but rather cheap.

SkyMan
7 hours ago, Headshot said:

Chalk line to make the lines, spray paint to make them somewhat permanent. I assume you will do something with this area.

Actually I'd prefer them to not be permanent.  Something I can put out and take up as needed. 

to_dave007

The running lanes in Asturias were powered white limestone..  could still see them but weathered already..  another couple rain and they'll be gone.