Off topic but on the topic of BBQ:

I miss good ole American BBQ!

• Like 1

Soupeod

• Like 2

Soupeod

• Thanks 1

KID

The Ex was always amazed that people in the US would obey the traffic laws for the most part. She was even more amazed that when I turned on my blinker to change lanes people would actually let me in usually without me having to force my way into the other lane

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

dart69
3 hours ago, KID said:

The Ex was always amazed that people in the US would obey the traffic laws for the most part. She was even more amazed that when I turned on my blinker to change lanes people would actually let me in usually without me having to force my way into the other lane

Don't bring her to Winnipeg. As much as I would like to use the blinkers, if I do, I never change lanes ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SkyMan

The things my wife notices in no particular order....

It's so clean.

The people are so friendly and helpful.  Smiling and saying Hi.

It's so organized (roads, houses, etc.)

No guards on all the doors.

Self checkout.

So many options for everything.

Most drivers are disciplined.  (She was ok driving a big Silverado and an F150 but hasn't ventured to drive our Ranger here yet.)

She enjoys BW3s also.

The girl in the video complained about the food all being brought out at the same time.  That's one of my sore spots with restaurants here.  Someone gets food and then 10 minutes later someone else.  So I guess that's why everyone shares.  My wife always wants to try mine.  I'm not a sharer.  I try to order less so I keep a bit of a diet going and then she wants to eat mine.  She says I can have some of hers but if I wanted hers I'd have ordered what she did.  The girl in the video seems to think the quick food is held up for the slow food when in reality, the slow food is started right away and then later the quick food so all is done at the same time and all hot.  Also here they can't seem to figure out I want a drink right away and if I order salad that should come out first and give me some time to eat it before you bring out anything else.  In the US they will likely ask if they can bring drinks before you even sit down and also appetizers.

• Like 4

shadow
4 hours ago, SkyMan said:

It's so clean.

No guards on all the doors.

Self checkout.

Most drivers are disciplined.  (She was ok driving a big Silverado and an F150 but hasn't ventured to drive our Ranger here yet.)

She enjoys BW3s also.

The girl in the video complained about the food all being brought out at the same time.  That's one of my sore spots with restaurants here.  Someone gets food and then 10 minutes later someone else.  So I guess that's why everyone shares.  My wife always wants to try mine.  I'm not a sharer.  I try to order less so I keep a bit of a diet going and then she wants to eat mine.  She says I can have some of hers but if I wanted hers I'd have ordered what she did.  The girl in the video seems to think the quick food is held up for the slow food when in reality, the slow food is started right away and then later the quick food so all is done at the same time and all hot.  Also here they can't seem to figure out I want a drink right away and if I order salad that should come out first and give me some time to eat it before you bring out anything else.  In the US they will likely ask if they can bring drinks before you even sit down and also appetizers.

"Where are all the young people?"

• Like 1

Davaoeno
2 minutes ago, shadow said:

"Where are all the young people?"

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind

• Like 1

max111
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind

As much as the leaf blowing away is to be trusted......

Salty Dog
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

It's so clean.

Most drivers are disciplined

Seems to be a common theme shared by many first timer Filipinas to the USA.

One thing my wife never ceases to be amazed by, is outstanding customer service. How they are empowered to give you a refund, credit or even an incentive to make you happy. We had been here about a month and the wrong price rang up on some shrimp we had bought at a grocery store. The cashier said it's your lucky day. Even I just assumed they would give it to me at the lower price or even cheaper. My wife was amazed when the women said you get it for free...

• Like 1

lamoe

Even I was amazed by Sam's club veggies guarantee

Bought a Sam's sized package of lettuce in huge plastic container - not cheap - inside was wilted - brought back as soon as found out

Got money back and new one.

Store was only 3 miles away - if 30 / 40 like for some maybe not

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

SkyMan
56 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Seems to be a common theme shared by many first timer Filipinas to the USA.

One thing my wife never ceases to be amazed by, is outstanding customer service. How they are empowered to give you a refund, credit or even an incentive to make you happy. We had been here about a month and the wrong price rang up on some shrimp we had bought at a grocery store. The cashier said it's your lucky day. Even I just assumed they would give it to me at the lower price or even cheaper. My wife was amazed when the women said you get it for free...

Yeah, that's a good one.  Here at Gaisano the wrong price rang up to what was marked right there on the product.  After a couple phone calls and the girls looking at me saying mark-up, I waited another 10 minutes and left.

• Like 2

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

We had been here about a month and the wrong price rang up on some shrimp we had bought at a grocery store. The cashier said it's your lucky day. Even I just assumed they would give it to me at the lower price or even cheaper. My wife was amazed when the women said you get it for free...

Then you said "quick honey, get a few more pounds."

• Like 1

lamoe
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Yeah, that's a good one.  Here at Gaisano the wrong price rang up to what was marked right there on the product.  After a couple phone calls and the girls looking at me saying mark-up, I waited another 10 minutes and left.

That's typ - Gaisano down from 138 Mall - top floor food court - sign posted about law here that lowest price is what customer pays :tease: