Cheapest Shipping - US to Phils/ Cheapest Money Transfer - Phils to US

yee

Just now, Jim_in_Jax said:

Personally I like Hanes boxers and looking at their popularity on US websites that you can order them from they seem a popular choice.  Other people here though should add their preferences if they have any so perhaps a consensus  could be gained.

Got it. But yeah, i'll definitely get Hanes :)

1 minute ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

all the big malls and especially the second floor of park mall.  there are also a gazillion competitors on facebook individually selling all kinds of beauty and fashion accessories.  most claim it's the real deal when in fact it's knock off.  my wife and her friends are constantly inundated with offerings of the type of stuff you want to import.  everyone here is in the fashion and accessory business.  

your problems sustaining this type of business will be mainly...

maintaining your customer base as most will probably buy once and move on to cheaper and abundant alternatives. 

dealing with customs.  you will be importing in bulk and don't fall for anyone suggesting they can arrange shenanigans with customs.  you got to be legit.  import duties will be substantial and part of the reason the knock off smuggled stuff is so appealing.    

Yeah, I bought in Ayala. The body spray is double the price when I buy it in Manila.

Re: knock offs - That's the difference between me and these stores - my market, who personally know me, they know where the stuff are coming from. So they know there are no knock offs.

Maintaining the market won't be a problem as long as I get a market that actually consumes the products- not as a "one-time since you're my friend" deal. - Although there will be those kinds of buyers and we will still appreciate them.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yee

• jtmwatchbiz

• Jawny

• Jim_in_Jax

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Turkey Hill Ice Cream, Texas beef and Vermont fresh free range organic eggs. Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Vidalia onions, large beefsteak tomatoes, real popsicles.

Has the need for a business license been considered?   I had a business license for a bakery and it required a lot of bureaucratic hoops to be jumped through.  Of course, I’m referring to a brick

jtmwatchbiz
7 minutes ago, yee said:

Got it. But yeah, i'll definitely get Hanes :)

Yeah, I bought in Ayala. The body spray is double the price when I buy it in Manila.

Re: knock offs - That's the difference between me and these stores - my market, who personally know me, they know where the stuff are coming from. So they know there are no knock offs.

Maintaining the market won't be a problem as long as I get a market that actually consumes the products- not as a "one-time since you're my friend" deal. - Although there will be those kinds of buyers and we will still appreciate them.

i understand and it may work.  if you're dead-set on the fashion and accessory biz i would explore the possibility of creating your own brand label and utilize the abundant highly qualified craftsmen in cebu city to make the stuff.  people want certain style underwear, shirts and shoes?  get high quality import stuff as a model and re-create your own locally made versions.  no expenses and delays with shipping, customs or any other baloney.  subcontract the work out and simply focus on the marketing.   high quality locally made stuff will be a big hit.  if international name brand snobbery is what some want let them pay thru the nose at the malls or buy the perfect copies in park mall. 

just my thoughts :biggrin_01:

32 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

i understand and it may work.  if you're dead-set on the fashion and accessory biz i would explore the possibility of creating your own brand label and utilize the abundant highly qualified craftsmen in cebu city to make the stuff.  people want certain style underwear, shirts and shoes?  get high quality import stuff as a model and re-create your own locally made versions.  no expenses and delays with shipping, customs or any other baloney.  subcontract the work out and simply focus on the marketing.   high quality locally made stuff will be a big hit.  if international name brand snobbery is what some want let them pay thru the nose at the malls or buy the perfect copies in park mall. 

just my thoughts :biggrin_01:

Thanks for the insight. Principle-wise, it is a good idea. However, ours is gonna be a small operation. We dont have enough manpower for research and execution for a local production, let alone, funds for that.

We also need to face it. The market is xenocentric and the current suppliers are weak. We're capitalizing on the demand.

You could take orders for specific items  - to be paid up front.

Spices / condiments not available / hard to find here

Celery salt, Lawry's Season Salt (found small size once never again),  El Yucateco Habenero sauce, are just some I brought back and will have to wait until next year when these are gone.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, lamoe said:

You could take orders for specific items  - to be paid up front.

Spices / condiments not available / hard to find here

Celery salt, Lawry's Season Salt (found small size once never again),  El Yucateco Habenero sauce, are just some I brought back and will have to wait until next year when these are gone.

I agree. Thought about it with Dafey's list. I wont want and need to have it paid upfront except it's an unusual item.

Am I allowed to do that here though? 

jtmwatchbiz
34 minutes ago, yee said:

Am I allowed to do that here though? 

allowed to do what?

Headshot
7 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

allowed to do what?

You would be the one to ask that...  :tease:

Yee, you can't advertise here unless you make an arrangement with the LinC Forums owner first. At least that is the way it is laid out. As far as making deals with other members, that would be OK through PM as long as they initiate it (no advertising through PM).

jtmwatchbiz
13 minutes ago, Headshot said:

You would be the one to ask that...  :tease:

Yee, you can't advertise here unless you make an arrangement with the LinC Forums owner first. At least that is the way it is laid out. As far as making deals with other members, that would be OK through PM as long as they initiate it (no advertising through PM).

uh...yes bill i know that and thanks.  perhaps let her answer for herself?

• Haha 1

I don’t want to rain on your parade, but your plan seems to be putting yourself in competition with a lot of others who have already established a market for the products you are anticipating.to sell.  It’s been my (limited) experience that most of the foreign items popular with people are already imported. It’s just not easy to locate the sellers.  

On LinC there are occasional posts by members who delight in sharing the finds they made while shopping in the larger retailers, usually in Cebu.  Of course the irony in that is the items they found will usually be gone because they bought them all.  See it, buy it.  Won’t be there next time. 

There is a business I have always hoped someone would start and I would support.  Basically, a shopping service.  

I live in Leyte, so my trips to the larger cities is infrequent.  Many times I will arrive in a shop just a day late and find empty shelves of items I want.  Silly example, but cranberries or pumpkin pie mix.  I look for that year round, even though it is more commonly consumed in the Christmas season.  If I see it, I buy as much as I can since I won’t likely see it again, sometimes for years  

My dream shopping business would be for someone to take my list and fill it as they went around to the many retailers.  I would pay the purchase price, plus shipping and a profit margin to the shopper.  No need for importing.  Just for locating the products  

RogerDuMond
3 hours ago, yee said:

Thanks for the insight. Principle-wise, it is a good idea. However, ours is gonna be a small operation. We dont have enough manpower for research and execution for a local production, let alone, funds for that.

Keep your inventory low until you are sure that you have a sustainable market.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

allowed to do what?

Take orders.

1 hour ago, Jawny said:

I don’t want to rain on your parade, but your plan seems to be putting yourself in competition with a lot of others who have already established a market for the products you are anticipating.to sell.  It’s been my (limited) experience that most of the foreign items popular with people are already imported. It’s just not easy to locate the sellers.  

On LinC there are occasional posts by members who delight in sharing the finds they made while shopping in the larger retailers, usually in Cebu.  Of course the irony in that is the items they found will usually be gone because they bought them all.  See it, buy it.  Won’t be there next time. 

There is a business I have always hoped someone would start and I would support.  Basically, a shopping service.  

I live in Leyte, so my trips to the larger cities is infrequent.  Many times I will arrive in a shop just a day late and find empty shelves of items I want.  Silly example, but cranberries or pumpkin pie mix.  I look for that year round, even though it is more commonly consumed in the Christmas season.  If I see it, I buy as much as I can since I won’t likely see it again, sometimes for years  

My dream shopping business would be for someone to take my list and fill it as they went around to the many retailers.  I would pay the purchase price, plus shipping and a profit margin to the shopper.  No need for importing.  Just for locating the products  

Yup, i get your doubts about the market. Don't worry about the market and competition, I got that covered.

I think there are shopping assistant apps that can fill shopping lists and deliver to your doorstep. Although I doubt that they could get the unusual items for you. 

PM me your list, we'll look into it and give you feedback.

The main concern we have now is shipping options and costs but we're very excited with this.

*** We're not in business yet. Target is November. For now, still checking on stuff. So technically nothing to advertise just yet.

8 hours ago, Dafey said:

As far as items....anything Sugar Free !

Sugar Free Haven on Escario not far from our condo (Winland) heading towards Osmena on the opposite side, has lots of sugar free items as well as other unusual items that my wife and I and friends like to buy, and are often hard to get in Cebu, yet many are showing up in Rustan's of late. 

• Like 2

Most t-shirts are too thick and or too heavy here.

Ship XXL-T shirts white color but very thin and light weight about 120 grams instead of ordinary 180 grams of weight ..Sure u can find those abroad.

Maybe stitch a Linc logo on them ? Lol

Just order 1000 pieces eventually u make a fortune.

• Like 1