Recent Long Stay Visa Extension

cookie47

Just a bit of info

I recently accompanied my neighbor to the LapuLapu Bureau of Immigration satellite office. I didn't need to go myself , just a day out.
At 1.pm i couldn't believe it.
Walk straight in, three counter assistants waiting for customers.
My friend told me this was not unusual . Of course this info may blow up in my face but there you go....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freedvr72

• Woolf

• oztony

• max111

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello,  After researching online for several days before going to get another LSVVE (long stay visa extension) my 3rd. I read so many different experiences,  none were accurate as to my own. I'm

This post should be hidden and the poster given a warning for a personal attack , Fr72  is new here and I am going to play this out in the open , in the hope that he gets an understanding of "cordial"

travel tax is 1630

Posted Images

Just a bit of info

I recently accompanied my neighbor to the LapuLapu Bureau of Immigration satellite office. I didn't need to go myself , just a day out.
At 1.pm i couldn't believe it.
Walk straight in, three counter assistants waiting for customers.
My friend told me this was not unusual . Of course this info may blow up in my face but there you go....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

No ..its true , Ive been using this office since it opened ..never had a completed transaction take longer than 20 minutes.

On the OP discussion ..

I, in fact have had 2 x back to back 6 month extensions, and had the 3rd extension request denied on both occasions ..
And this was at the ( guess where ? ) .
Yes ! ..the Lapu Lapu office .

They quoted the " 16 month " rule ,as has been mentioned on this thread already .
I must say ..it was some time ago, and as we know .things can change ,or be interpreted differently from office to office, and at the whim of individual officers .
Just because this particular poster was fortunate enough to be granted 3 back to back ,does not guarantee that it is a " given" that it will happen again ..

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

VERY TRUE. I'm sorry to hear you were denied. Like I said. It's posted everywhere only 2 6 month extensions and non that take a you over 16 months. He looked mine over very well, do it was not a mistake,  he just gave me a 3rd

. But like I said in OP,  things change  and guessing because their is NO CONCRETE LAW, they go case by case,  person by person, office by office. I do know that this is the ONLY office I've ever used,  and my 1st visit he took the time to explain the whole extension policy,  that I need to marry or I can only stay 3 years, he used years not months, I found different, my senses are tuned up in office and I pay attention to body language,  vocal inflections,  any indication of trouble. But he made it a point to say, "always come back to THIS office during your stay" I wish there was a uniform law,  but unfortunately not. I tried to give "pointers" my "opinion" not fact...on how I believe they decide at that office based on my experience. But as a general rule....if you get to the point of pointing out a rule to them, you are lost, you won't be getting it, they hold the keys, and like, really like to show you that they do, I never point out what I've read, only thing I would do, personally, is explain my situation,  that I live 8 hours away, take care of a family, very hard for me to make the trip...let them use THEIR power.

..lt feels like I need to manipulate them, dressing and acting professional,  but also very naive and at their mercy. Now they know me, and last trip was easy, and I don't think he does it for me, but my pinoy GF. They decide, not any law or rule....its the Philippines,  they could just decide not to give you any extension if they wanted to, make it very difficult. You are absolutely right, HERE, what one gets, another may not.

My GF's brother is officer in Philippine Army, and even he has voiced displeasure with this "pick and choose" rule system, they do this to everyone. To quote Duerte "it's a failed democracy" it's a beaitiful paradise for me, bit ive learned,  only one rule,  their are no rules except the one your told at that moment. I DO believe there are teicks and tips but no guarantees, I hold 2 advance degrees and was scolded like a child first time there because I didn't have a passport cover and my new passport needed protection. I just play along. I hate manipulation,  narrsisstic behavior,  but I hate that hell trip there more. I would have het money I would only get a 2 month extension. But I was given a 3rd 6 month very quickly, no questions, that took me way past 16 months and told if I needed another to cone back to see him. It almost had a employer employee vibe...but I took it.

THIS WAS 3 DAYS AGO, I HOPED IT WAS BECAUSE RESTRICTIONS HAD BEEN LIFTED, BUT I GUESS NOT IF OTHERS ARE BEING DENIED IN LAST 2 DAYS. I just got lucky for factors I've just guessed at.

Edited by Freedvr72
  • Like 1

I think we have all agreed nothing here is a given. THIS WAS 2 DAYS AGO. Maybe the restrictions have been lifted, maybe I am just lucky. Either case, welcome to the Philippines.  Nothing is a given as we all agree, only discuss how to give ourselves the best chance. 

• Like 2
SkyMan
6 hours ago, Woolf said:

at the start of the 6 months visas it was a max of 2, it looks like this restriction has been lifted

This restriction has always been a local rule.  Art has had his SRRV for years now but before that he would come in on BB and then do 6 month extensions up to the 36 month limit and then fly out a few days and repeat.  Locally, some people get a 3rd, 4th, 5th no problem.  Others only get 2.  Maybe it's a local rule to the office or maybe to a specific agent or maybe just some foreigners are targeted.  Maybe it depends on whether you apply before lunch or after, maybe it depends on if it's raining. But i have never ever heard of anyone denied a 6 month extension in Manila or seen anything in writing about this 16 month rule from the BI.

• Like 2

VERY  TRUE!! Anyplace else that would be comical,  here that's scripture!! Well put SkyMan

Edited by Freedvr72
SkyMan
2 hours ago, RangerUp said:

haha...how are they different?

Cebuano is an accent of Bisayan.  Rain is uwan but some areas they say ulan, etc.

2 hours ago, RangerUp said:

Back to the relevant topic, the question is if someone only got two 6 months extensions according to the old rules, and then 2 month extensions, can you now go back to get 6 months again. Someone whose 2 month extension coming due can hopefully answer when they go to renew again.

I would always prepare for and ask for 6 months up to the 30 month mark.

• Thanks 1

There are over 50 bisyana dialects that are vastly different from Cebuana,  my GF grew up in Zamboanga del sur and had a little time adjusting to Cebuanan after her towns type of bisyana. Are you a for real idiot or just acting like one? I have no idea how tgey are different but if you were not a douche bag I'm sure I could get the guy standing right beside me laughing after it was translated to give you a dozen differences depending upon where in Mindanao you are from. My GF's brother is officer in Philippine Army and during Marawi he sharedwith is how different they speak...thats just 3 hours from his hone town. Realky guy?? The admin. here needs to de-troll you.

Well, maybe he just didn't know. I lived here for years without realizing that, basically only found out about a year ago when I went to Davao.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

seen anything in writing about this 16 month rule from the BI.

I have, but the text has been removed long time ago from the LSVVE page on the immigration web site

oztony
1 hour ago, Freedvr72 said:

There are over 50 bisyana dialects that are vastly different from Cebuana,  my GF grew up in Zamboanga del sur and had a little time adjusting to Cebuanan after her towns type of bisyana. Are you a for real idiot or just acting like one? I have no idea how tgey are different but if you were not a douche bag I'm sure I could get the guy standing right beside me laughing after it was translated to give you a dozen differences depending upon where in Mindanao you are from. My GF's brother is officer in Philippine Army and during Marawi he sharedwith is how different they speak...thats just 3 hours from his hone town. Realky guy?? The admin. here needs to de-troll you.

This post should be hidden and the poster given a warning for a personal attack , Fr72  is new here and I am going to play this out in the open , in the hope that he gets an understanding of "cordial" interactions ,.....

If someones grates at the knuckle in your onion you get far further with wisely or wittily chosen words as a comeback than you do with direct name calling , please cease this and deal with any frustrations with wiser words ...thanks in advance ...in regards to the below comment , did you ever consider that it was possibly genuine ?

This guy may have already moved on from any earlier episodes and maybe he really does not know the difference between Bisaya and Cebuano ...I have a handle on it ...you may have a bit of a handle on it ....but maybe he hasn't ...and for anyone to post that  "haha...how are they different" is just so obvious that they don't have a handle on it ...... which would mean that your post , sir , is out of line ....

3 hours ago, RangerUp said:

haha...how are they different?

Edited by oztony
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Looks like you were wrong about that OP, and if you really got three six-month extensions, post some pics of the three stamps. Then the rest of us can bring those pics to our BI office and educate them on what's possible in The Philippines.

I think it has been posted here a few times before that it's possible to get more than 2 extensions. Just to twist this, one member here said he got 2 6-month extensions, not same day, but in two consecutive days. (Lamoe?).... If he had any 6 month extension prior to get those 2, I don't know.

2 minutes ago, max111 said:

If he had any 6 month extension prior to get those 2, I don't know.

He did not, that is as far as I remember

he needed a visa that covered 1 year to convert his drivers license, he was short of a few days

but LTO accepted it

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Anyone can claim anything, I've never seen a single photo of three 6-month stamps, which is all it would take to a) prove it's possible and b) actually be helpful to other members.

Do you expect people to post their private's here?   Could you please post the last stamp you have?

8 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Why is a stamp private? It's not even a stamp it's just a sticker, easier to post a single pic than the essays OP wrote in this thread.

Then post your's.