Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Soupeod

Clark Area; Angels City for expats PG

Recommended Posts

Soupeod

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDat

Wonder who told him that those Jeeps were built in US?

When I got there they had just paved Fields Ave, and I rented a house from Mrs. Fields for a month or so. Half the street would have power for 2 hours, then the other side had power. Every 2 hours there was a rush from one side to another. Had "cool" beer if lucky. On base had cold beer.

Johnny's Supermarket on MacArthur's was the only "store" we had, they carried everything. Seldom say a male who was not a GI, did see Russian once. Had a black wool suit on, stuck out real well. OSI wore party suits, like civilian jump suits. Looked Gay as could be, you knew who they were from a block away. We had tricycles that could hold 2 GI's, not them little things they got now. Only police and military vehicles were allowed on Field's then. SM looks like it could hold all of Balibago back then. Wife wants to go visit sometimes, and look for our neinong. They had 17 children, so might be some of them still there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flakes

Lacks a beach scene.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeedleNuts

Well, it lacks a beach, but it has the rest of the scene. Lived in Mabalacat for almost a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
max111

2-3 years ago I was in Angeles with GF and daughter. Fields wasn't a place we visited.

But, we went to the SM there and they had a really crazy thing... Sort of reversed bungy jump/slingh shot thing sending small kids just a few years old up 10-15 meters in a very high speed. Was two rubber belts connected to two poles, kids were secured in the middle.... and off they went faster than any of those NASA space ships. 

Our daughter ,4yo at the time,  wanted to try but I told mommy and daddy still love you   LoL

Edited by max111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liquido

Met a few buddies that were visiting from the USA there..I must say the infrastructure  was pretty good.fast internet and woman,good place for foreigner groceries,nice Hotels and good restaurants..My laughs came from some of the whoremongers walking around hand in hand with there hot little babe thinking she likes him because of his Brad Pit looks..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richard K
6 hours ago, max111 said:

2-3 years ago I was in Angeles with GF and daughter. Fields wasn't a place we visited.

But, we went to the SM there and they had a really crazy thing... Sort of reversed bungy jump/slingh shot thing sending small kids just a few years old up 10-15 meters in a very high speed. Was two rubber belts connected to two poles, kids were secured in the middle.... and off they went faster than any of those NASA space ships. 

Our daughter ,4yo at the time,  wanted to try but I told mommy and daddy still love you   LoL

That is not there any more. My gf and i used to stop and watch the kids on that thing. It looked like a blast. It was always busy with a line. They may have taken it out because of liability.  It was mostly teens on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
11 hours ago, Richard K said:

That is not there any more. My gf and i used to stop and watch the kids on that thing. It looked like a blast. It was always busy with a line. They may have taken it out because of liability.  It was mostly teens on it.

They have that King's Island and probably other amusement parks in the US.  A lot higher than 15 meters.  It's not a regular ride though, you have to pay like $50 extra and there's always a line. 

Skip to like 2:50

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richard K
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

They have that King's Island and probably other amusement parks in the US.  A lot higher than 15 meters.  It's not a regular ride though, you have to pay like $50 extra and there's always a line. 

I think you misunderstood. This was in a MALL... not an amusement park....in the big area there where 4 corridors  of the mall connect.. It was basically a huge trampoline with bungee cords ( of a sort) attached onto a harness. ... not a ride.

BTW.. it was about.400 pesos at the time.... .then it was much less than $10 by today's change

Edited by Richard K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..