Sign in to follow this  
royman

Las Pinas - Any Members Live or Been There

royman

When visiting the P'pines I spend most of my time in Cebu City or Camotes Island. 

I had a few days stay some years ago in Manila and hated it due to the pollution from what was probably the jeepneys and constant heavy traffic. 

I have been invited to a wedding later this  year in Las Pinas...is it as polluted as Manila?

Just would like some info as if it's worth a 7 day stay or get the heck out of it ASAP, 

Thanks for any advice

trevorclap007
2 hours ago, royman said:

When visiting the P'pines I spend most of my time in Cebu City or Camotes Island. 

I had a few days stay some years ago in Manila and hated it due to the pollution from what was probably the jeepneys and constant heavy traffic. 

I have been invited to a wedding later this  year in Las Pinas...is it as polluted as Manila?

Just would like some info as if it's worth a 7 day stay or get the heck out of it ASAP, 

Thanks for any advice

Pollution level and traffic is the same as Manila's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oztony
59 minutes ago, trevorclap007 said:

Pollution level and traffic is the same as Manila's.

Las Pinas is just another dense ball of population and pollution that makes up what they call Metro Manila.

• Thanks 1

MickyG

We live close to las pinas in Alabang and share the main road called Zapote road

It is a linear city that joins the sky way to the coastal road and as such is a busy thoroughfare.  It is not a tourism destination.

In saying that if you like quite residential zones it has lots of those. Usual A- E socio economic mix. Has opened several new malls on the busy Zapote road. 

They are pioneering E vehicles, jeepney and trikes which does make a difference but not so that it is going to be an overriding reason to stay. 

This is a good jumping off point to the Tagatay Highlands, low humidity and very cool and that is good for a visit for a few days. loads of hotels on the volcano ridge with great views.

Where is the wedding taking place?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

royman
7 hours ago, MickyG said:

We live close to las pinas in Alabang and share the main road called Zapote road

It is a linear city that joins the sky way to the coastal road and as such is a busy thoroughfare.  It is not a tourism destination.

In saying that if you like quite residential zones it has lots of those. Usual A- E socio economic mix. Has opened several new malls on the busy Zapote road. 

They are pioneering E vehicles, jeepney and trikes which does make a difference but not so that it is going to be an overriding reason to stay. 

This is a good jumping off point to the Tagatay Highlands, low humidity and very cool and that is good for a visit for a few days. loads of hotels on the volcano ridge with great views.

Where is the wedding taking place?

Reception at Lavides Garden. Do you know it?

Edited by royman

MickyG

I have never heard of the place but I am familiar with the area. My wife has a close friend from her junior school days who,lives not far from there. There appears to be very little there as it is a high density residential area with a few business premises on the same road. No Malls there for sure.

As I suggested it is not a tourism destination

The area is not unpleasant and no where like Manila city where tourists focus on Malate and Ermita. Very much the 'burbs

• Thanks 1

KID

I stayed in Las Pinas for a stint. Over 15 years ago though. was much cleaner and quieter than the other parts of Manila I experienced. They actually had crews out picking up the trash in public areas 

• Thanks 1

royman

Yeah, I noticed a lot has changed in the last 15 yrs in Cebu city itself. More traffic, more pollution. I spent some time in Davao many years ago when Duterte was the mayor there, years before he became president and it was a clean and polluted free city. They even had garbage bins outside houses for weekly collection which was so different to seeing garbage thrown anywhere on the streets in Cebu. I wonder if it's the same now 

Highlighter
11 minutes ago, royman said:

I wonder if it's the same now 

Yep, still see people throw rubbish in the street.

royman
3 minutes ago, Highlighter said:

Yep, still see people throw rubbish in the street.

Do you mean in Cebu or Davao?  

Highlighter
3 minutes ago, royman said:

Do you mean in Cebu or Davao?  

From my experience and travels throughout the Philippines there isn't much difference between the cities and the people, they all pretty much seem to throw rubbish wherever whenever

royman
2 minutes ago, Highlighter said:

From my experience and travels throughout the Philippines there isn't much difference between the cities and the people, they all pretty much seem to throw rubbish wherever whenever

Yeah, I get where you are coming from in regards to rubbish being thrown anywhere but I was saying that the time I visited Davao it was not like the other cities. Duterte was mayor and it was a surprise to see such a massive difference in the cleanliness of Davao compared to Cebu and Manila.

goggleye

Been to Las Pinas many times and spent lots of time there.   My wife is from Las Pinas.   Not as bad as Manila. Has some open spaces.    I would agree with a poster and   go to Las Pinas and look around a bit.  If you don't care for it just get on the bus to Tagaytay.  Nice and cooler. Very nice scenery.

• Thanks 1

goggleye

Neng looked at the Map where the place is at - nicer area  lots of green out that way  - as stated before not far to Alabang.   I have stayed at the B Hotel and Azumi Garden Hotel in Alabang  - Both very nice places.  Check them out for a good price on Agoda.

• Thanks 1