Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Family Code of the Philippines

Paul

I'm 42, and will be 43 in June. Believe me, as much as I talk against marriage, or have in the past, I do really wish to remarry again, and will. However, my case is a bit different from yours. I live here full time, while you don't. So, you are having to go about this a different way than I will.

Either way, taking the entire three weeks and spending it with her would be the best idea, in my opinion. Make sure you take your time to get to know her.

There is a member of the forums who can help you, if you wish to file the visa. He goes by Shadow here on the forums. His name is Larry. Maybe he will see this and post here too. He can help answer questions for you as well, regarding visas.

Incidentally, you should probably consider posting your ex- on the Dragon Ladies site.

shadow
The only variable is if that first marriage was in the Philippines or not. Also, the Church, well, I have no advice there, my wedding was a civil ceremony on the beach. Both times.

No my 1st marriage was here in US and divorce as well. My 1st wife was a real nitemare. I ended up getting sole custody of my daughter, child support which my deadbeat ex never paid, and she was ordered into anger management treatment and a bunch of other stuff which she never complied with. She fled from here (florida) and now lives in NJ i believe. We haven't heard from her in 8 years. The last time we saw her was in Dec. 2000 , she never even went to the final divorce hearing.

After 9/11 , i decided to become a firefighter. I was in my own building maintenance business and doing pretty good. But its a burn out business meaning it's 24/7. Always on call and stressed. I gave it up soon as I got into the fire academy. I graduated fire academy and went on to get my emt (emergency medical technician) degree and then couldn't get hired anywhere. I am too old I guess? Then I was just turning 39. I am now 43. All i am doing is volunteering at the fire department. I do the same job as a regular firefighter, only they dont pay hardly anything except give me a pension and about 30 dollars a shift. So I went on to earn my Paramedic degree and also my AAS diploma in EMS. So now i work as a paramedic for an ambulance company, volunteer 2 shifts a week at fire dept. and I work part time as an CNA nurse for a healthcare agency who specializes in providing nursing care to handicapped and terminally ill children. Fun huh? i dont do it because they pay well, i just feel sorry for a lot of these kids, their families can't or don't know how to deal with them. Most have some type of cancer or severe handicap. I guess it's hard for some people to hold and takecare of their dying child, so I do it for them. I can't judge them.

So one day in Jan 2006 i'm sitting here BSing with some other firefighters on Myspace.com and I get this message from this 19 year old girl from the Philippines. I almost didn't even open the message when I saw it was a 19 year old girl, I actually had the pointer sitting on the delete button. but I don't know, I just opened it, like I can't even remember why i did. But it was a nice message. She seemed very nice. She seemed lonely I guess. I knew nothing about the Philippines, absolutley nothing. So i talked to her, I figured the worst that can happen is I will learn something about the Philippines, right? I already said to my self soon as she starts asking me for money or giving me sob stories about being poor or asking me for stuff then I would put her on my ignore list. So we talked for a few weeks and I just fell into like lol. I liked her a lot. She was very mature, talked very nice to me. Never nasty , never asked me for a dime. She had been attending College for 2 years but her dad couldn't afford it anymore so she stopped. I went there 7 months later, met her mom and dad. She had turned 20 years old now. i was in love with her. I fell in love with her family too. Her dad is so nice, her family is really nice. They all speak English well. me and her dad talk all the time, even now we still talk. I don't think they talk to my ex much. I think they are embarassed of her. They even ask me to come stay with them when I go to Philippines. Anyway she turned out to be a real piece of crap. I know I am not the most pleaseant person to live with as my mom says lol. but I don't drink, smoke, do dope, or anything bad. I took care of her and gave her family money every month.

i met this new girl now, she is differen't . I know I know every bozo says the same thing lol. But I'm not a fool, atleast not anymore. I really just want to do K1 for her. This way that gives me another 6 or 7 months to know her more online and maybe 1 or 2 visits there to see her between now and her interview. And then also gives me another 3 months to live with her after she gets the visa and comes here and really be 10000% sure of everything. But the idea of marriage there came up and when I heard it might be a problem ,well i'm pissed off because I know what kinda BS the PH govt is. This is all a bunch of crap. Just like NBI clearence lol , Charles Mansion can get NBI clearence if the right hand is slipped a 500p note, now they are going to tell me I can't get married? The other reason, which is really the main reason I am mad is that I feel bad about dragging her here on a K1 and her family not being with her for the Wedding, etc, etc. She is really a good girl. She is not one of these online 20 hours a day girls. Of course I am going to really make sure when I get there, I know what to look for. But I am confident this one is good.

Here is the final thought, and i'm sorry for making this all so long of a post. But I have another idea. I always read things about how much more easy and up to date the people are in Cebu. Things are done more correctly there lets say. manila is a big massive piece of crap. And I just know I am going to get some asshole there at city hall or NSO who is a know nothing waste. And they going to make my life miserable with this. I just know it. Its my luck. But what if I take my girlfriend to Cebu and marry her there? I know she isn't a resident there but so what right? Maybe one of you guys can help me on that, let me use an address there? Help me out with this. I was planning on going to boracay with her, but I been there 4 times already, it sucks. But I hear Cebu is even nicer?? I want to go to Cebu and see it atleast. I can really use a break in life, just once please God lol. Anyone have any ideas on this for me?

Several things come to mind when reading this thread. You can get married here in the Philippines, or in the US. It is not that difficult either way. The whole CENOMAR issue is generally not an issue at all. MOST local civil registerars (LCR) do NOT require a CENOMAR. The one exception that I know about is Cebu. The only way to find out is to send your GF into the LCR where she has last lived for at least 6 months, (this is the office you must apply for marriage license at) and ask if they will require YOU to have a CENOMAR. Make sure that she tells them you are a foriegner. If so (not likely) then you will have to jump through the extra hoops described by another poster earlier in the thread to get one.

You will both be required to attend a counseling seminar. This varies widely by location, so this is something else she will have to inquire about at the LCR. Once you have all your ducks in a row and all the requiremetns met, you can apply for the marriage license. There will then be a 10 day wait before the license is issued. You can then marry anywhere in the Philippines.

There are actually three different visas that pertain to you. The K1 (fiance) the spousal I-130, and the K3. Right now the K1 is taking about 6-8 months, depending on which service center and other variables. If you file the I-130 spousal alone it is taking 11-13 months.

The K3 is similar to the K1, except it is filed WITH the I-130 spousal. It will allow your new bride to enter the states while waiting for her I-130 to finish processing. The timeframe for K3 right now is about 8-10 months.

Hope this helps a little.

Larry in Dumaguete

Daisy
Several things come to mind when reading this thread. You can get married here in the Philippines, or in the US. It is not that difficult either way. The whole CENOMAR issue is generally not an issue at all. MOST local civil registerars (LCR) do NOT require a CENOMAR. The one exception that I know about is Cebu. The only way to find out is to send your GF into the LCR where she has last lived for at least 6 months, (this is the office you must apply for marriage license at) and ask if they will require YOU to have a CENOMAR. Make sure that she tells them you are a foriegner. If so (not likely) then you will have to jump through the extra hoops described by another poster earlier in the thread to get one.

You will both be required to attend a counseling seminar. This varies widely by location, so this is something else she will have to inquire about at the LCR. Once you have all your ducks in a row and all the requiremetns met, you can apply for the marriage license. There will then be a 10 day wait before the license is issued. You can then marry anywhere in the Philippines.

There are actually three different visas that pertain to you. The K1 (fiance) the spousal I-130, and the K3. Right now the K1 is taking about 6-8 months, depending on which service center and other variables. If you file the I-130 spousal alone it is taking 11-13 months.

The K3 is similar to the K1, except it is filed WITH the I-130 spousal. It will allow your new bride to enter the states while waiting for her I-130 to finish processing. The timeframe for K3 right now is about 8-10 months.

Hope this helps a little.

Larry in Dumaguete

Thanks Larry and Paul!

This is really very useful information not only for foreigners but to Filipinas as well. I am always into the solidity of marriage vows but any Filipina married to a foreigner should be aware of this information.

My former colleague, now an LCR told me that CENOMAR to a foreigner could be waived if the couple will establish residency within 6 months in the locality, I just don't know if this hold true anywhere, because oftentimes, the Law will always depend on the interpretation or discretion of the authorized officer!