Sign in to follow this  
Rexsmith

can not open a bank account unless have retirement visa?

GBT62

I received this from HSBC Philippines yesterday - so it IS current. My PRA SRRV Visa, Drivers Licence or TIN will cover the off the Government Issued ID.

"Opening an account with HSBC Philippines will require the submission of 

one primary ID (government issued ID), one secondary ID (e.g. company 

ID, ATM card, credit card) and a valid proof or residence with your home

telephone number.  Upon presentation of the needed documents and the 

acceptance of the required initial deposit, the account will be opened 

immediately within the same day."

Edited by GBT62

Jawny
16 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

I received this from HSBC Philippines yesterday - so it IS current. My PRA SRRV Visa, Drivers Licence or TIN will cover the off the Government Issued ID.

"Opening an account with HSBC Philippines will require the submission of 

one primary ID (government issued ID), one secondary ID (e.g. company 

ID, ATM card, credit card) and a valid proof or residence with your home

telephone number.  Upon presentation of the needed documents and the 

acceptance of the required initial deposit, the account will be opened 

immediately within the same day."

In the past, on several,occasions, I was asked for a "home telephone number" which had to be a landline.  This was not for a bank account, but for establishing a credit card account.  They were unyielding on the requirement, so I passed. . 

M.C.A.
15 hours ago, Kreole said:

I did not even have to present an ACR card.  In fact I do not remember the ACR's existing when I came here 9 years ago.  At PNB I had both a dollar account and a peso account but dropped the dollar account because they wanted to hold my money for 10 business days before giving me access.  I thought that was just pure bs and dropped the account immediately.  They had a cash identity machine right there at the desk but said they couldn't use, etc. etc.  F*ck that!  

Nevertheless, it was easy as pie to open both types of accounts and only required a passport.  Now I think you may need an ACR card as well.  

My PNB bank 8 years ago required that I have a Permanent Resident Card same with my Internet hook up so it appears just like Jawny mentioned these banks seem to be autonomously run even though they are bank chains.  I also enquired with BDO they had the same requirements to open an account, for me to get a money order for my US passport renewal I had to bring in my passport and ACR card it was a process.

hyaku
43 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

My PNB bank 8 years ago required that I have a Permanent Resident Card same with my Internet hook up so it appears just like Jawny mentioned these banks seem to be autonomously run even though they are bank chains.  I also enquired with BDO they had the same requirements to open an account, for me to get a money order for my US passport renewal I had to bring in my passport and ACR card it was a process.

I left PNB. The manager saw me in the street. He came up, we chatted and asked me to please open an account again!

• Like 1

Richard K

I have a PNB acct. I opened it from NYC almost 5 years ago before i even came here I have had no problems with them..
I have a direct deposit dollar acct and a peso acct that has an ATM card for it.
I cannot access my dollar acct from anywhere except the branch  that I started it in..but my ATM card works everywhere i have gone for withdraw of peso
It is different here than in the states. It seems like every branch is a separate "franchise"..
If I wanted to move I would have to transfer my acct to a local branch...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sugbu777

I was going to open a PNB account at the Guam Branch, but their requirements were onerous. They wanted pay stubs, W2's, 1040's etc. For a frickin' savings account. The hell with that.

M.C.A.
3 minutes ago, sugbu777 said:

I was going to open a PNB account at the Guam Branch, but their requirements were onerous. They wanted pay stubs, W2's, 1040's etc. For a frickin' savings account. The hell with that.

I also while stationed on Guam thought about opening an account with them but never had a need but I did exchange pesos for dollars once.  Lol, I don't understand the need for so much documentation when they could do a simple credit check.

cookie47

Hi
"I know our circumstances are slightly different but I will offer the following."

My wife and i opened ATM accounts at Metrobank only two months ago.
Although my wife did the transaction i had to apply as a separate entity and get approval from Manila which subsequently came back ok.
Our id was Australian Passports and proof of a residential address.
We now have ATM cards.We delt with the Manager and the procedure was a breeze.
As others have said, keep trying as we know certain establishment's seem to have "Local" rules. BUT.... for sure recent reporting regulations have been implemented and strengthened which may hinder you slightly.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1