Best country to live in based on cost and ease of staying

A_Simple_Man
On 8/31/2018 at 4:51 PM, smokey said:

Cambodia

This is an interesting topic because I was just reading a forum about living there.  Seems it is like Philippines in that the cities where expats want to live are budget friendly but not crazy cheap while the smaller cities have little to do but are cheap to live.  It looks to be on par with Philippines and perhaps a little cheaper.   But that is just the opinion of a simple man who would like to go check it out one day.

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max111

• smokey

• Salty Dog

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I watched.a few videos.and seems vietnam is cheaper and people use the.sidewalks to walk on a novel.idea

Smokey's original post was: When questioned what he meant, he changed the OP by removing Thailand and then he posted the following: After 6 posts about countries other than the ones he a

Headshot, mind your business! Smokey's legal troubles with multiple ladyboys are none of our concern. Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

On 8/31/2018 at 8:00 AM, max111 said:

Exactly. This is the question....

Many say that this /that is a nice place based on short visit....  The suggestions you get, filter down and then visit.....   But; Botswana is a good place.... as long as You LOVE wild life....

Would you be willing to discuss Botswana in more depth?  I used to be a wildlife painter and have always dreamed of going to Africa.  However, I have been put off due to stories of violence and social unrest.  Still, I will look into Botswana and hope to hear more from your experience.  Salamat. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Would you be willing to discuss Botswana in more depth?  I used to be a wildlife painter and have always dreamed of going to Africa.  However, I have been put off due to stories of violence and social unrest.  Still, I will look into Botswana and hope to hear more from your experience.  Salamat. 

Yes, but my information is probably outdated. I was there a lot 25-30 years ago. All over the eastern part of the country. From Lobatse/Gaborone in south (Near SA) to Kasane in north (Near Zambia).  I can only give you info from that time.

I have been put off due to stories of violence and social unrest.

In Botswana? More than I know. Are you mixing up with South-Africa? I would think Botswana is a more peaceful place than the Philippines.

I used to be a wildlife painter and have always dreamed of going to Africa.

Then SA/Botswana/Tanzania/Kenya might be of interest to you. I've been in SA as well... Lived in SA and Botswana 3-4 months each. Been in the airport in Dar-es-SalamTanzania so can't say a word about Serengeti.

Edited by max111
goggleye

Knew a guy who lived for several years in Togo on the West coast of Africa.  He liked it a lot   -  need to speak a little francais.  I think its where the older women of Europe go to find younger men.  Kind of the opposite of Philippines where us old guys go to find younger women.  ?

On 9/2/2018 at 1:38 PM, A_Simple_Man said:

This is an interesting topic because I was just reading a forum about living there.  Seems it is like Philippines in that the cities where expats want to live are budget friendly but not crazy cheap while the smaller cities have little to do but are cheap to live.  It looks to be on par with Philippines and perhaps a little cheaper.   But that is just the opinion of a simple man who would like to go check it out one day.

The big downside for Cambodia, other than perhaps some of the foreigners it attracts, seems to be medical facilities - a trip to Bangkok is often required - with impending restoration of train service that might become easier in the future (although Thai visa restrictions are becoming a bit sticky).  But believe Cambodia is as easy as PI for visa stay - unlike Vietnam where it can be problematic for longer stay,  Thailand is also becoming harder to maintain stay for those without valid reasons/finances.  

• Like 1
smokey

I watched.a few videos.and seems vietnam is cheaper and people use the.sidewalks to walk on a novel.idea

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 8/31/2018 at 5:43 PM, max111 said:

Actually, my respons is not a joke. Botswana is the best place I have been out of Sweden....

Then, I've been to many countries in Europe, ME, Africa, Asia, OZ....

I`d watch VERY carefully about what they do do to white SA farmers before recommend anywhere  in Africa IMO.
just about everywhere on many parts of that continent is another Zimbabwe waiting to happen I reckon.

29 minutes ago, fred42 said:

I`d watch VERY carefully about what they do do to white SA farmers before recommend anywhere  in Africa IMO.
just about everywhere on many parts of that continent is another Zimbabwe waiting to happen I reckon.

I would be very careful to say something good about USA due to whats going on in Venezuela, or Central-America ..... Right? 

North-Korea in Asia is a pest I wouldn't want to live in, shooting missiles as often as I change my briefs.... Rest of Asia is the same?

• Like 1
On 8/31/2018 at 5:31 AM, max111 said:

I would say it's asking too much in the title....

Why not Africa? Botswana is a really nice place... truelly....

Africa in general is very underrated, most of the better places have very liberal and open visa systems, and black women are hot.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Contango said:

Africa in general is very underrated, most of the better places have very liberal and open visa systems, and black women are hot.

Actually, seems there are someone here who have the knowing.

But, from my point of view, the most beautiful women are Ethiopian.... while I loved Botswana for the wildlife.... You can't get it all.... Smokey is married anyway.... LoL...

Edited by max111
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

@smokey didn't appear to be asking about where to live just anywhere in the world. He was very specific in the OP. Cambodia or Vietnam.

Maybe he can make it more clear.

He certainly didn't ask about socialized healthcare in Europe. These posts have been hidden.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

@smokey wasn't asking about living in Africia.  He was very specific in the OP. Cambodia or Vietnam.

He certainly didn't ask about socialized healthcare in Europe. These threads have been hidden.

I tried to send yomu a PM but it was refused.

Anyway, @smokey asked about the best and easiest place to live..... that opening post is changed. Sorry to challenge you.  But, I know as I double checked and then why not plant a new idea.... there's more than Asia.    But, here on.... Viet Nam and Cambodia.....

• Administrator
Salty Dog
21 minutes ago, max111 said:

I tried to send yomu a PM but it was refused.

Anyway, @smokey asked about the best and easiest place to live..... that opening post is changed. Sorry to challenge you.  But, I know as I double checked and then why not plant a new idea.... there's more than Asia.    But, here on.... Viet Nam and Cambodia.....

Smokey's original post was:

Cambodia.    Thailand.    Vietnam ???????

When questioned what he meant, he changed the OP by removing Thailand and then he posted the following:

On 8/31/2018 at 5:36 AM, smokey said:

I just made it easier

After 6 posts about countries other than the ones he asked about in the OP. He posted the following.

On 9/3/2018 at 3:58 AM, smokey said:

Gee this is a.little off topic

I've placed the Botswana posts back in this thread and removed the split thread.

As English isn't your native language, there is a chance you didn't understand what Smokey was asking.

Hell I don't understand what Smokey is saying most of the time...:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1