Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

Amazon Test Order

cookie47
Your so lucky. I was ordering each month on Amazon my first 6 months in Moalboal. USPS took only 2-3 days to get from America to Manila,  then usually only anothet 2 days handed over to customs then handed back to...*drum roll...PHILPOST where they send USPS a automated message to the tracking "attempted delivery, failed" this is before it's even left Manila for Cebu,  once it gets here I usually call over a dozen times, being told it's still in Manila, then told it's in Carcar, then told delivery driver only makes 2 runs a week here, then told it's in another Cebu office, each time, at the 2 weeks in Cebu mark, I finally reach a boiling point and start threatening to contact obusdsman and USPS, every time it has arrived "opened but nothing missing" next day at local post office where they want another 400 to 600 pesos despite 2 weeks sitting in Cebu and paying USPS for first class priority mail at a rate of about 2k pesos. BUT , I've always got it!! It was after 7th time I couldent handle the stress of what I have now heard is worst rated mail service in the world... PHILPOST. the domestic mail carriers are good (LBC) but I've heard the kids they use to hand deliver mail in Uganda to remote African villages have a better track record. Kiss "tracking" goodbye after Philpost gets it, they just keep putting 'attempted delivery,  failed". At first I actually believed their system error excuse, but after 4th time in a row, it's systematic corruption and pure laziness. NOTE: MY EXPERIENCE ONLY.
Now I use a local respected  Sari Sari store that owner uses FEDEX and initially had to talk driver in giving him directions,  but since I've been loyal customer, and your Filipino neighbors can be great help!! He lets me use his stores numbered store address for FEDEX , thank goodness. 
Sorry to hear about your woes with delivery. .......... Just a story...

Having just settled into Consolacion i did a LAZADA test order.
Buy one take one on a set of ring spanners which visually are quite impressive. No car as yet to test...

Anyway ordered mid morning Friday, delivered Sunday afternoon.Im guessing that the item was already in the Philippines but i was amazed...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Goetz1965

You sgould complain that to UPS and Amazon - both companies have high values to customer experience - and usually complaining helps.

I ordered quite many items from Germany or USA and all got delivered within 1 week via UPS.

Dafey
14 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

You sgould complain that to UPS

I believe his complaint is with USPS, (United States Postal Service), not UPS. And, there is no complaining to USPS. Complaints are lost faster than a Philippine licence plate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Freedvr72
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

Sorry to hear about your woes with delivery. .......... Just a story...

Having just settled into Consolacion i did a LAZADA test order.
Buy one take one on a set of ring spanners which visually are quite impressive. No car as yet to test...

Anyway ordered mid morning Friday, delivered Sunday afternoon.Im guessing that the item was already in the Philippines but i was amazed...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I've heard Lazada is the "amazon" of the Philippines,  I've yet to order there but I've heard nothing but good things. Glad to hear you had good experience also. My GF's family uses that alot.

Dafey
23 minutes ago, Freedvr72 said:

I've heard Lazada is the "amazon" of the Philippines

Hardly Amazon but it's what we have. I use Lazada a lot and delivery is usually 2-5 weeks....but I'm in the province.

• Like 1

Freedvr72
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

I believe his complaint is with USPS, (United States Postal Service), not UPS. And, there is no complaining to USPS. Complaints are lost faster than a Philippine licence plate.

Hahaha,  so true!!,  thank you,  sorry for any abbreviation confusions. Amazon only gave me the (United States Postal Service) as ONLY shipping option here for what I was ordering, and that was only 2 out of 14 companies, 12 did not even offer shipping to Philippines. It depends on if it's a private company or from "Amazon" they have their own warehouses for alot of products,  really depends on what your buyingand who from on Amazon with your shipping options. I never actually filed complaint,  just said I was going to...then magically they would call and say it will be in Moalboal next day...and it was...like alot of things here, it's up to you to push them to work,  which sucks because USPS charges alot, but once here in Manila,  it's out of their hands, but Philpost does not want to lose their buisness....or deal with a hassle from them. In my opinion. UPS has said they don't come here to Moalboal, however like most cases, ive bern told they do, AND, theu dont, and they do. Hahaha, best to just do your own checking directly here. International mail not living in Manila can be maze, butin my experience Philpost has been worse than expected, and I expected bad. 

Edited by Freedvr72

Freedvr72
8 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Hardly Amazon but it's what we have. I use Lazada a lot and delivery is usually 2-5 weeks....but I'm in the province.

True true...I've only browsed through and they never seem to have what I'm looking for, but as far as "getting" your order from them, I've heard great things like you've said. Tho 5 weeks seems a bit long even for us in the provinces. 

Edited by Freedvr72

Freedvr72
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

......i do remember years ago living in remote area in Hawaii, ordering on Amazon, and I did call USPS , and it got me nowhere fast...they have some sort of preferred customer online service you of course...pay for...and they just refer you to that or tell you to call someone else. Amazon has always resolved issues very fast, if tou order from one of their supported warehouses they are all over it quickly...but if from another company they can only send them a message and you wait a few days to get a message back, usually saying, thank you for choosing to shop with us, we will look into your issue. That's why my threats are only threats, they are pretty empty...but in my experience,  when a philpost supervisor hears "obusdsman office in Cebu " they call back in 2 hours or less with the exact location of package and get it on its way...but it just became too much work afyer paying USPS all that money. I digress....so I shop regionally now whenever I can, or just not stress, realize I'm in the provinces and just have to chill and wait. People drive here like they are on a mission to be someplace 5 minutes ago, so for such a "fast paced" lifestyle,  (unlike Costa Rica and parts of Caribbean I've lived) they sure do have that island work mentality  "tomorrow never dies" hahaha. Mañana,  always mañana. But drive their scooters like they are late claiming a winning lottery ticket or free chicken dinner.

Edited by Freedvr72

RangerUp
On 9/5/2018 at 12:26 PM, Headshot said:

I ordered a package from Amazon on Friday. It shipped the same day and made its way all the way to Cebu by Sunday afternoon. UPS delivered the package on Monday (no customs due).

Paying no import tax or VAT is strange, unless the value is under $15

RogerDuMond
3 hours ago, Freedvr72 said:

Tho 5 weeks seems a bit long even for us in the provinces. 

I have the same 2 to 5 weeks time frame in the province, but the 5 week time is usually for items that ship from overseas.

Edited by RogerDuMond

smokey

I order a lot from lazada and amazon lazadaif so so the delivery people are moody some times you dont get the item and they claim failed delivery amazon is better but charge tax

Freedvr72
17 hours ago, RangerUp said:

Paying no import tax or VAT is strange, unless the value is under $15

True. No matter how much I pay USPS for priority fist class, fast shipping, I always pay those taxes upon pickup at locsl post office. I usually am frustrated by then and don't pay attention to what they claim it's for, (so many pesos for this, more pesos for that) I just ask for grand total and leave, politely,  but in no mood to care about what the fees are for. Philpost has soured my online shopping. I did just pay 305 pesos to LBC, for a paper document, GF'S baptismal to be shipped from Zamboangoa del sur, in provinces, to here in Moalboal Cebu. Seemed high for a domestic letter with no rush,  but I just paid. Maybe it's because the envelope was larger, I'll wait and see when it arrives in a week.

RogerDuMond
10 minutes ago, Freedvr72 said:

True. No matter how much I pay USPS for priority fist class, fast shipping, I always pay those taxes upon pickup at locsl post office.

I used to have trouble with Philpost, but have a solution that works here. When I order something that I know will come through Philpost, I print out a receipt and give it to my foreman, after a couple weeks she takes it to the local postmaster. The postmaster then follows up with Cebu Philpost to keep the process rolling. When the item arrives, he brings it to the house and I usually give him 50 pesos for his gas. True this is a small office and might not work in urban areas, but it works for us in the province.

• Thanks 1

RogerDuMond

Out here in the province, we have never had a problem with LBC. Fedex is good, but only delivers out here three days a week. DHL was okay except that they tried to charge us for customs fees that had been prepaid and only deliver here one day a week. Ninja Van, the new delivery service for some Lazada orders is good, but uses a lot of different motorcycle drivers, and each time we get a new one, he needs instructions on how to get here as we don't have a street address. UPS is useless, they returned an item without ever trying to deliver it.

Sven

I got a post box in Singapore .. Works every time :-)

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

• Confused 1