• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Soupeod

• fred42

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is good to know i am going to wear my police uniform so i can body search girls but i will not have material gain

Dog Walker...  

So in your opinion was the second guy in the vid below a case of "stolen valor"?

2 hours ago, fred42 said:

So in your opinion was the second guy in the vid below a case of "stolen valor"?

Yes - kind of - same as not appropriate for me to wear Navy identifiers or sandbox utilities.

18 hours ago, Lordblacknail said:

your stolen valor went to traffic stops soupeod

Most cops do respect military and not stolen valor AHs

If you encounter a Marine Vietnam era vet and are unsure ask if he served the full 12 months. Our tours were 13, most don't know that.

Edited by lamoe
8 hours ago, lamoe said:

Yes - kind of - same as not appropriate for me to wear Navy identifiers or sandbox utilities.

Most cops do respect military and not stolen valor AHs

If you encounter a Marine Vietnam era vet and are unsure ask if he served the full 12 months. Our tours were 13, most don't know that.

But the answers he gave..Were they just plain wrong for a guy that says he was working radar on a flight deck?
Some ex navy guys commenting there that everything he said was correct.

Edited by fred42
1 hour ago, fred42 said:

But the answers he gave..Were they just plain wrong for a guy that says he was working radar on a flight deck?
Some ex navy guys commenting there that everything he said was correct.

Probably could have been ex-navy - which  is  why I said yes kind of - still not appropriate for him to be wearing Army gear - he didn't earn it.

47 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Probably could have been ex-navy - which  is  why I said yes kind of - still not appropriate for him to be wearing Army gear - he didn't earn it.

OK.. So if a homeless or any other person goes into an army surplus store and wears the stuff they sell cheap in there, is that frowned upon?
I can understand vets and active servicemen getting pissed off with some people pretending to be real soldiers and pointing out where they earned their patches etc, but the line has to be drawn somewhere..Right? 
I saw a news story there where a young vet that served valiantly in places like  Fallujah was beaten up and badly injured by a few of these "stolen valor" Police that didnt believe his story....Not on!!

Edited by fred42
colemanlee

There is always somebody that takes a topic out of contexts....hell I gave my enlisted overcoat to a homeless guy...without any rank insignia or patches....nobody cares if you wear surplus stuff...its just when you start lying about how you got them 

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

There is always somebody that takes a topic out of contexts....hell I gave my enlisted overcoat to a homeless guy...without any rank insignia or patches....nobody cares if you wear surplus stuff...its just when you start lying about how you got them 

Yeah that`s right.. But now you have the stolen valor police,(mostly people that have never served) questioning anyone in army/ navy fatigues and sometimes they feck up bad..

Edited by fred42
colemanlee
3 minutes ago, fred42 said:

But now you have the stolen valor police,(mostly people that have never served) questioning anyone in army/ navy fatigues..

Yea and we also have people that think what they see on CNN is for real....you cant fix stupid

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

Yea and we also have people that think what they see on CNN is for real....you cant fix stupid

I dont believe a word of what I see or hear on CNN...It`s all FAKE NEWS.
If someone is doing something illegal...Call the Police..Whats wrong with that?
These days everyone wants to be a Policeman and have a Youtube channel to make them selves famous whilst making money from adsense!!

Edited by fred42
Headshot

I really couldn't care less if somebody wants to make a fool out themselves by wearing military badges or decorations (or bragging about something they didn't really do) to try to fake service. Most of those guys are so stupid they just get laughed at.

As far as I'm concerned, stolen valor only becomes a problem when somebody tries to make money from their fakery. Until then, it is just somebody humiliating themselves by trying to be somebody they are not. If they try to get financial benefit from faked service, then there are already sufficient laws to punish them that I don't need to worry about it.

Hell, I used to go to mountain man rendezvous and dressed up like a mountain man (even though I was never a mountain man). I even won the dutch oven cooking contest at the Fort Bridger rendezvous in Wyoming. Lots of people escape into fantasy for amusement purposes. Slipping back in time at rendezvous was a lot of fun. Then again, most people who participated in rendezvous KNEW that it was fantasy. Do you guys think that is wrong too?

Granted, some of those who fake military service forget where they left reality, but for most they stop short of committing a crime. As long as they do, I ignore them.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I really couldn't care less if somebody wants to make a fool out themselves by wearing military badges or decorations (or bragging about something they didn't really do) to try to fake service. Most of those guys are so stupid they just get laughed at.

As far as I'm concerned, stolen valor only becomes a problem when somebody tries to make money from their fakery. Until then, it is just somebody humiliating themselves by trying to be somebody they are not. If they try to get financial benefit from faked service, then there are already sufficient laws to punish them that I don't need to worry about it.

Hell, I used to go to mountain man rendezvous and dressed up like a mountain man (even though I was never a mountain man). I even won the dutch oven cooking contest at the Fort Bridger rendezvous in Wyoming. Lots of people escape into fantasy for amusement purposes. Slipping back in time at rendezvous was a lot of fun. Then again, most people who participated in rendezvous KNEW that it was fantasy. Do you guys think that is wrong too?

Granted, some of those who fake military service forget where they left reality, but for most they stop short of committing a crime. As long as they do, I ignore them.

Agree with every word!