Sign in to follow this  
RogerDuMond

Offensive Posts

RogerDuMond

IF YOU COME ACROSS AN OFFENSIVE POST, REPORT IT. DO NOT WAIT SIX MONTHS AND COMPLAIN THAT A MODERATOR DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. MODERATORS DO NOT READ EVERY POST IN EVERY TOPIC. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WE DO HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO WITH OUR LIVES.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ozepete
42 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

IF YOU COME ACROSS AN OFFENSIVE POST, REPORT IT. DO NOT WAIT SIX MONTHS AND COMPLAIN THAT A MODERATOR DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. MODERATORS DO NOT READ EVERY POST IN EVERY TOPIC. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WE DO HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO WITH OUR LIVES.

I assume you are having a go at me and what I posted in the thread that has since had mine and other posts conveniently deleted from, correct? 

No I didn't report the offensive post, firstly because that is not my style, and secondly report it to who... the offending post was written by a GLOBAL MOD FFS!  I waited until later that day expecting Admin or someone to react but nothing, so then and only then I posted my disgust, and guess what Roge.. still nothing!  The ongoing persecution of that member was a fecking disgrace and you and others can dress it up any bullshit way you like.. it was wrong and gutless, period! 

• Like 3

RogerDuMond
3 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

I assume you are having a go at me and what I posted in the thread that has since had mine and other posts conveniently deleted from, correct? 

Actually, no this has come up before where people are surprised that moderators don't moderate a post that people have a problem with. If we don't see it then it is the members duty to bring it to our attention and the best way to do that is by reporting it.

6 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

No I didn't report the offensive post, firstly because that is not my style, and secondly report it to who... the offending post was written by a GLOBAL MOD FFS! 

My opinion is that you can't complain if you didn't bring it to staff's attention. Being a global mod makes no difference, the post would still be reviewed if reported and no action would be taken by the mod involved.

8 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

so then and only then I posted my disgust, and guess what Roge.. still nothing! 

Guess what, if no mod saw the post in the first place, what makes you think your answer to the post would have been seen? As I said in my PM to you, I didn't see the post. You have to help us with this type of thing.

• Like 2

royman
6 hours ago, Ozepete said:

I also had a post deleted from that thread...it was not offensive ,,,it was actual praise for a moderator doing a good job....?

• Like 1

oztony

Written by a mod or not , by reporting it ..it forces an action to be taken because everyone on staff receives a notification ...

Bama

OK, lets talk about inoffensive posts for a bit.

Yesterday in the John McCain thread I asked what is the protocol when a longtime Congressman states publicly that he doesn't want a sitting president to attend his funeral. I also asked is there a precedent in US history of similar event happening and if so what was its outcome.

No disrespect for JC, no politics, nothing but yet the post was still deleted.Can anyone offer an explanation for this? Bama

Salty Dog

Post are hidden for all sorts of reason. Mostly though because it quotes a previous off topic post that was hidden. So just because your post was hidden, it doesn't mean you did something wrong. 

However, I hide as many of Bama's post as I can, because he expects me to...? Actually his post was hidden in the McCain thread because he quoted a thread that had been hidden. Plain and simple. Nothing sinister about it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1