lamoe

Caulking Gun hunt

lamoe

Wanted to do some sealing on Mulicab cab / extension

Easy to find silicone caulk (sealant here anywhere, the gun was the hard part - maybe 10 different hardware stores / dept store sections (ACE, True Valve, Metro, SM, NOVO, Unitop, etc)

Then went to Hyper Market near SM - they have an ACE also - there they were while SM didn't  have any.  219 P

Was in Carbon yesterday , decided to check out the builders supply place - 94 P - not as good but also had the extended ones.

Will visit Wilcon? next just to familiarize myself with it.

Headshot
3 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Will visit Wilcon? next just to familiarize myself with it.

Wilcon is as close to a Home Depot as you can get in Cebu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RogerDat

I don't know about now, but before the Wilcon store had 3 prices on each item, the one on the shelf, the one on the item, and the one in the register.

I left all my order on the counter and have not been back since.

The caulk guns in the US are better, mine got gone, and have been using the cheap ones lately. A good paint roller, and extension stick is also hard to find.

to_dave007

I've bought 2 at Wilcon (near the north Mactan bridge)..  the first time I was seduced by price and bought a cheap one..  which must be Chinese made because it busted at first use.  The second time I bought the best one they have,  and it was almost as good as I would have had in Canada.. and it's fine.  Still have it.  Does the job.

If you've never been to Wilcon before you'll absolutely LOVE (sic) :

1. They way they follow you around, sometimes in packs, like they are worried you'll steal something.
  2. The way almost all those people who say "can I help you"..  can't answer your questions.

But.. they do have stuff.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2

lamoe
1 hour ago, RogerDat said:

I don't know about now, but before the Wilcon store had 3 prices on each item, the one on the shelf, the one on the item, and the one in the register.

I left all my order on the counter and have not been back since.

The caulk guns in the US are better, mine got gone, and have been using the cheap ones lately. A good paint roller, and extension stick is also hard to find.

Have a pic (posted some time ago) of the fair pricing law here - same as US

The store is required by law to sell you at least one of the item at the lowest marked price.

That includes sale price if tag not removed.

Gus
Have a pic (posted some time ago) of the fair pricing law here - same as US
The store is required by law to sell you at least one of the item at the lowest marked price.
That includes sale price if tag not removed.

The only time I tried that in Savemore . The cashier sent the packer back to the shelf to check ,and he came back and said ..no price ticket on the shelf !
He'd obviously removed it :)
..I was annoyed ,and refused to buy it , but that then shot myself in the foot ,because I then had to drive down to Gaisano to buy it .

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

SkyMan

Belmont Tools probably has them.  Mandaue or downtown.

• Like 1

SkyMan
16 hours ago, Gus said:

The only time I tried that in Savemore . The cashier sent the packer back to the shelf to check ,and he came back and said ..no price ticket on the shelf !
He'd obviously removed it :)
..I was annoyed ,and refused to buy it , but that then shot myself in the foot ,because I then had to drive down to Gaisano to buy it .

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Was in Gaisano and my item rang up higher than the 2 stickers on it.  I pointed that out and the girls made some discussions where the only word I understood was mark-up.  Yeah, it doesn't sell at this price so let's mark it up to sell faster.  Good plan.  After waiting 10 minutes for a rep from the department to arrive I left.

lamoe
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Was in Gaisano and my item rang up higher than the 2 stickers on it.  I pointed that out and the girls made some discussions where the only word I understood was mark-up.  Yeah, it doesn't sell at this price so let's mark it up to sell faster.  Good plan.  After waiting 10 minutes for a rep from the department to arrive I left.

The pic I took was in the Gaisano on Colon  just down from 138 Mall - top floor  - posted on wall of stall on extreme right as you enter floor

I had that trick pulled on me - except Tata was there and told me in English what they were really saying.

Basically

"Tell him I'm going to get a manager - he'll leave soon"

Edited by lamoe
  • Haha 1

Headshot
6 hours ago, lamoe said:

I had that trick pulled on me - except Tata was there and told me in English what they were really saying.

Yeah, except Skyman speaks Bisayan pretty well, so that probably wouldn't work with him.

wondersailor

Just saw a couple of the guns last night in Handyman in G Mall. Now I do not know if you have one in Cebu. Good luck.

HTM

I think you can bye that allower, but first, you need an LTOPF!

Headshot
11 hours ago, HTM said:

I think you can bye that allower, but first, you need an LTOPF!

???

What is it you are trying to say?

RogerDat

License to Own and Possess Firearm (LTOPF)