soupeod

New Guns

Kabisay-an gid
On 11/20/2018 at 2:17 AM, soupeod said:

for home defense.

Not a good choice for home defense, IMO, especially in the event of a home invasion with multiple perpetrators.

Only two rounds available before having to reload, and break-style shotguns are slow to reload.

Handling and recoil would be definite problems in a shottie that size.

I've seen home invasions where the homeowners had to fire a substantial number of rounds to try to subdue the invaders, and even then weren't always successful in repelling the attack.

Personally, I would much prefer a double-stack .45 auto handgun. 14 rounds before having to reload is better than 2, and the handgun is easier to handle and aim.

• Like 2

bkb1

DeedleNuts
On 11/21/2018 at 9:50 AM, Kabisay-an gid said:

Not a good choice for home defense, IMO, especially in the event of a home invasion with multiple perpetrators.

Only two rounds available before having to reload, and break-style shotguns are slow to reload.

Handling and recoil would be definite problems in a shottie that size.

I've seen home invasions where the homeowners had to fire a substantial number of rounds to try to subdue the invaders, and even then weren't always successful in repelling the attack.

Personally, I would much prefer a double-stack .45 auto handgun. 14 rounds before having to reload is better than 2, and the handgun is easier to handle and aim.

The 300BLK carbine is intended to be the HD goto device. For carry I use a Glock 32 most of the time. Warm weather I use a S&W BG380. 

• Like 1

DeedleNuts

Also got one of these in 300 Winmag recently:

tc-compass-270-win-scope1.jpg

• Like 1

DeedleNuts

Interesting article on a subject that's distorted by the fake news machine.

"An analysis performed by FiveThirtyEight and The Trace, a nonprofit news organization covering gun violence in America,7 found that the CDC’s report of a steady increase in nonfatal gun injuries is out of step with a downward trend we found using data from multiple independent public health and criminal justice databases. That casts doubt on the CDC’s figures and the narrative suggested by the way those numbers have changed over time."

lamoe
2 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

Interesting article on a subject that's distorted by the fake news machine.

"An analysis performed by FiveThirtyEight and The Trace, a nonprofit news organization covering gun violence in America,7 found that the CDC’s report of a steady increase in nonfatal gun injuries is out of step with a downward trend we found using data from multiple independent public health and criminal justice databases. That casts doubt on the CDC’s figures and the narrative suggested by the way those numbers have changed over time."

Better medical treatment & thugs aim getting worse?:dance2:

Edited by lamoe