Sign in to follow this  
Sven

Where are some great gyms in Cebu?

Sven

Where are some great gyms in Cebu?

I mean the whole province of Cebu; not just the city.

Working out in a gym is great exercise, if you can find the time and motivation ... But if the gym is in disrepair or just too busy, I know it takes away much of the desire.

Of course there are some super-focused body builders out there who could not care less about their surroundings... but I guess for many of us, a nice and pleasant gym can make a big difference.

What makes for a good gym? Think big space, high standard, good A/C, plenty of equipment, nice carpets, decent music and speakers, not too crowded, good showers, pleasant staff, etc etc. If it comes with access to a nice big pool for swimming, that is certainly a plus too.

So what are some great, amazing places around Cebu for working out in a gym?

In hotels, in condo developments, or independent gyms... You name it!

Below, I also intend to post about some of my own experiences from various places in Cebu.

Right-Gym.jpeg?dl=1

Sven

I used to live at Citylights, a group of apartment blocks overlooking Cebu. It has one of the best swimming pools in the city, as far as I know ... Really big and clean, surrounded by pleasant gardens. The gym is a good size and also has pretty views but, sadly, is not in good condition. Or at least that was the case 3-4 years ago. Many of the electrical machines were broken, most of the equipment was a bit shabby and rusty, and overall the place gave an impression of neglect. It would be interesting to hear if anything has changed!

Below is a picture of that gym, borrowed from a property site.

listing_1510863799_4363_6722.JPG?dl=1

Salty Dog

• Like 1

Davaoeno

Any Time Fitness across from Escario Central 

Goetz1965

I go to the gym now for 3 month - its same than in Germany - clientele consists mostly of middle aged chubby and ugly women LOL and younger guys that want to impress the chicks with a muscular body.

Here in my gym its also the Chinese/Koreans looking people that take boxing lessons - but I wonder if they would stand one punch from me doing karate now for 3+ years again hahaha

The gym I use is big - the usual fitness classes (Yoga, Zumba, Pilates ...), then the machines but most of them are older and not that maintained but they work. Many dumbbells and things or a free workout too. They have a spinning room, wall climbing possibility, small outdoor jogging path on 2nd floor. And they have a 25m swimming pool free to use as a member.
What I also like is that the gym has air-con AND working showers and enough parking space.
Plus membership is really cheap. For checking out I took the pay 3 month and get 1 month free - so 4 month for just 6000php.
But as I like the gym I soon will renew for the 12month plus 6month free at just 18K php !

https://www.facebook.com/holidaygymcebu/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SomeRandomGuy
On 8/24/2018 at 12:45 PM, Davaoeno said:

Any Time Fitness across from Escario Central 

any ANY Time Fitness.   I joined them last year and have not looked back no matter where i go in my travels they are all much of a muchness 

Travis

When I moved here I used City Gym. It is located in the Water Front Hotel basement.

They have a tire for flipping, battle ropes, lots of machines and a boxing ring. Plus there are several different classes available.  They also have several cardio machines a heavy bag etc. The locker room is pretty good sized athough I never used it since I was staying in the hotel at the time.

Currently I use anytime fitness by Ayala mall. It to is a decent gym.

It is not real big but they have everything that you need including a leg press machine. They have a cardio room where they have boot camp classes, yoga, dance classes and boxing. The boxing isnt real boxing because you never get to hit a fool in the teeth but I am going to join boxing soon just to get back in the swing of things.r al 

Over all it is a decent gym.