• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• royman

• RogerDuMond

• Salty Dog

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had mention Cebu HHH in another post. I've talked with 16 to 18 members, only 2 have heard of LinC. Most say they are too busy doing stuff in Cebu to sit around and read about doing stuff in Cebu.

I’m in Leyte, working in my gardens.  Well, not at the moment. I’m posting in LinC.  Later gator.

It's just old friends wondering about old friends...too often not seeing someone on the forum means they are hospitalized, (and need some help), or worse. It's just friendly banter. Only the peep

Posted Images

What happened with Elfurian? Soon as Paul did his runner this guy popped up hilarious and paranoid perhaps lifetime ban?

• Administrator
Salty Dog
5 minutes ago, Flakes said:

What happened with Elfurian? Soon as Paul did his runner this guy popped up hilarious and paranoid perhaps lifetime ban?

Never had a user by that name.

If you figure out who you're talking about. Just search for him and see if he was banned.

10 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Never had a user by that name.

If you figure out who you're talking about. Just search for him and see if he was banned.

Yes I might misspelled his name..

El Furian?

This could be an invasion of privacy....maybe ex members have personal reasons as to 'disappearing' and to  have their locations informed is not good.

Davaoeno

First people " feel threatened " , now their privacy is being invaded . It seems Linc can be a dangerous place to belong to !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
38 minutes ago, royman said:

This could be an invasion of privacy....maybe ex members have personal reasons as to 'disappearing' and to  have their locations informed is not good.

They aren't ex-members. They are longtime members that people just haven't seen posting lately and they are concerned about them.

Who is informing on members location? The only post that I remember mentioning where a member lived, was just repeating what that member had already posted in public.

Most posts on this forum and most other forums, can be read by billions of people.

10 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

First people " feel threatened " , now their privacy is being invaded . It seems Linc can be a dangerous place to belong to !

You missed the point...if people 'disappear' and no longer contribute to LINC what right have people to know why this is so? It's their personal business.....not ours. 

savarity
I had mention Cebu HHH in another post. I've talked with 16 to 18 members, only 2 have heard of LinC.

Most say they are too busy doing stuff in Cebu to sit around and read about doing stuff in Cebu.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

LOL, yeah that makes sense. I'm almost never busy so plenty of time to post. Today have to wait from 1 till 4-5pm to pick up an ECC (will be back in a month or two) so plenty of time to post from the nearby coffee shops.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

They aren't ex-members. They are longtime members that people just haven't seen posting lately and they are concerned about them.

Who is informing on members location? The only post that I remember mentioning where a member lived, was just repeating what that member had already posted in public.

Most posts on this forum and most other forums, can be read by billions of people.

Ex members or not,  if there is concern about them, the concerned people should PM them as to if they are ok, etc. and not make it public viewing, 

Edited by royman
  • Administrator
Dafey

It's just old friends wondering about old friends...too often not seeing someone on the forum means they are hospitalized, (and need some help), or worse. It's just friendly banter.

Only the peeps that know them care. It's not like somebody is looking for peeps to do evil.

I would suggest that someone worried about someone else looking for them on an open forum shouldn't participate as they may be found.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

dittosmiley.gif

easy44
17 minutes ago, royman said:

Ex members or not,  if there is concern about them, the concerned people should PM them as to if they are ok, etc. and not make it public viewing, 

Well, if a person is not logging in to a forum, sending a pm is not going to work is it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, easy44 said:

Well, if a person is not logging in to a forum, sending a pm is not going to work is it?

Maybe they don't log onto the forum for personal reasons which is my point....they may need privacy and not want their whereabouts made public. And they don't have to log in to a forum for personal messages as their member email address will get notifications of PM's....

Edited by royman
Enuff
Maybe they don't log onto the forum for personal reasons which is my point....they may need privacy and not want their whereabouts made public.
Ask member Jeepney about that . . .

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk