Sign in to follow this  
Salty Dog

Staying on Topic - Yes or No

RogerDuMond
1 minute ago, royman said:

So we have to find another forum because our 'freedom of speech' is deleted without a reason as to why?

Only if you aren't satisfied with the results of the first two options which you have never tried.

royman
2 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Why the hell would there be  freedom of speech   ?   This is a privately owned forum .  Which fortunately you do not own !!  You come on a free site, post mostly garbage, then question how the site is run ?? Boo hoo for you .   Go get some cheese to go with that whine ! 

you mean post the garbage as you have just done? No freedom of speech?..so we have to post things like..hey, anyone know where to buy a can of sardines? What's the point of this forum if people can't voice opinions?

RogerDuMond
1 minute ago, royman said:

What's the point of this forum if people can't voice opinions?

Asked and answered.

Dafey
14 minutes ago, royman said:

you mean post the garbage as you have just done? No freedom of speech?..so we have to post things like..hey, anyone know where to buy a can of sardines? What's the point of this forum if people can't voice opinions?

Voicing opinions...go for it. Nobody has ever hidden a post for disagreeing with an opinion since Paul sold the forum

royman
3 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Yes- that is correct .  Please let us know which forum you move to .  

ok Adolf...won't tell you though ...

Dafey
13 minutes ago, royman said:

ok Adolf...won't tell you though ...

So...your opinion is not mine and I choose not to listen to your opinions on Staying on Topic - Yes or No

But...that's just my opinion!

Hey wow!!! it is free speech!

• Like 1

royman
9 minutes ago, Dafey said:

So a guy gets off the boat arriving into the US....he runs down the sidewalk shouting 'I'm Free'! As he's running he bumps into a citizen walking the other way and punches the Citizen in the nose. A policeman sees this and starts to arrest the the guy who protests that he's free. The Citizen turns to the guy and tells him, 'your freedom ends where my nose begins'.

The Admins and Mods are basically here to protect the Members and the Forum itself. One way or another there has to be moderation as 1 Member allowed to run amuck can ruin a forum.

As Roger has said you have options. You can report Davaoeno for that last comment if you like or if I hide his post he can complain that it was unjustly hidden.

At the end of the day everyone needs to put on their big boy pants and own what they post

I believe in freedom of speech...will not report anybody..if they want to bicker, fair enough.

Dafey

As long as no one is threatened, language is not too obscene and there is no girlie trolling chat freedom of opinions thrive here

Though...peeps need a thick skin sometimes and to not take things personal!

• Like 1

royman
14 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

Only if you aren't satisfied with the results of the first two options which you have never tried.

how do you know I never tried them?  Are you a spy as to my movements?

Dafey
14 minutes ago, royman said:

He's a creeper but harmless ;)

• Haha 1

RogerDuMond
3 minutes ago, royman said:

Now you are getting downright ridiculous.

You wouldn't make such foolish comments if you had tried them unless you were just trolling.

Edited by RogerDuMond

Salty Dog
2 minutes ago, royman said:

He's been assigned the Royman Watch and yes he does read and evaluate every post you make...:rolleyes:

Jack Rat
8 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

You do have options. You can use the report button as stated, you can PM an Admin, or you can try to find another forum that will give you the information that you get here without the moderation that you object to.

I assume that most members here are also members of other forums...But what I am saying is that to encourage more genuine members of the public this forum must have administrators who are open minded to fair criticism and debate. Otherwise it will turn into the same old-same old of the past. The majority of the public just doesn't go for the regimental approach that some of the past administrators had acknowledged.

• Like 2

Jack Rat
23 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Yes- that is correct .  Please let us know which forum you move to .  

I would expect that not so numerous sarcastic comment from you, this silly comment is precisely an example of what is being discussed. .

RogerDuMond
2 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

.But what I am saying is that to encourage more genuine members of the public this forum must have administrators who are open minded to fair criticism and debate.

As said earlier in this thread comments of criticism are not hidden unless the language of the criticism is deemed inappropriate and they would never be hidden by the moderator being criticized.

Just now, Jack Rat said:

I would expect that not so numerous sarcastic comment from you, this silly comment is precisely an example of what is being discussed. .

So report it!

• Like 1