Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

502 error

A_Simple_Man

This has been happening to me a lot since the week-long downtime.  What's happening?  Is it just me?  Its getting worse.  Almost every page I click is coming up with this notice but most times it goes away with a refresh.

502.thumb.jpg.8d9559cccd58b3ba10fcdf573a6e0ed9.jpg

• Like 1

Edwin

It happens frequently with me, too. It's one of the new improvements. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sierra01

It's much worse since the recent improvements, it's not only you.

• Like 1

max111

After that week long down, I have not had any problem....

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, sierra01 said:

It's much worse since the recent improvements, it's not only you.

There hasn't been an improvement or changes.  In fact that's why it's being looked into moving to a new larger server because of this and other issues. 

max111
10 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

There hasn't been an improvement or changes.  In fact that's why it's being looked into moving to a new larger server because of this and other issues. 

ehum... what??

You don't move to another server unless the current provider isn't keeping up the support/maintenance.....  So far I've never seen any problems until the server change attempt.

I would assume it's a money issue.

• Like 1

Salty Dog
2 hours ago, max111 said:

ehum... what??

You don't move to another server unless the current provider isn't keeping up the support/maintenance.....  So far I've never seen any problems until the server change attempt.

I would assume it's a money issue.

It's a server size/capacity issue. There was no actual attempt. There was a plan and it never came to pass. Some housekeeping appeared to fix some of the issues. Just ask those members who couldn't post just a few weeks ago if things aren't better. Members are logging in from around the world and using many different browsers.  This error shows for some occasionally and for some more often. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kahuna

39752079_2081473595205578_5399350138244169728_n.jpg

• Haha 2

A_Simple_Man
16 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Ahhh yes, the old "clear cache and delete cookies" trick.  I hate doing that as it interferes with the many other sites that are working perfectly as all the cookies are in the right places and the right stuff is cached.

I shall endeavor to persevere with the 502 error by refreshing or consuming refreshment (so that I no longer give a damn) and carry on as usual.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dafey
16 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I shall endeavor to persevere

trthebees
1 minute ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Ahhh yes, the old "clear cache and delete cookies" trick.  I hate doing that as it interferes with the many other sites that are working perfectly as all the cookies are in the right places and the right stuff is cached.

I shall endeavor to persevere with the 502 error by refreshing or consuming refreshment (so that I no longer give a damn) and carry on as usual.

Me too. Though refresh only works about half the time. That thing at the top "Retry for a Live Version" seems to work a lot better.

• Like 1

Headshot

1826658593_Meme841.thumb.jpg.394cccd9d761cccd0caf63a1a956480a.jpg

• Haha 1

max111
4 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

You can select which cookies to delete, no need to delete all.

Kahuna
14 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

It's a server size/capacity issue. There was no actual attempt. There was a plan and it never came to pass. Some housekeeping appeared to fix some of the issues. Just ask those members who couldn't post just a few weeks ago if things aren't better. Members are logging in from around the world and using many different browsers.  This error shows for some occasionally and for some more often. 

After the forum "reset" I've had no problems with this 502 thing ..however since this topic has started it's also started and today it's like every other click I get the error. I'm not sure why..I've not changed anything and since it's becoming more frequent with me I thought I should mention it since the last troubles I had left me "speechless" other than the ability to post memes.

Could this be a server problem where it's memory is being bled off in the background and the server can't keep up? Is there a schedule for it's copy frequency and back-ups which refreshes the memory?  Maybe it needs to happen more often? 

Edited by Kahuna
spelling correction