Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

New license plate stickers

SkyMan

I had gotten rather used to not getting a sticker and just having the OR stamped "No sticker Available." Fine with me not having to bother with a sticker.  But a couple months ago I got new OR for my bike with a sticker already attached.  And the sticker was rather large making it difficult to find a spot to attach it without covering part of the plate number.  I thought about trimming it but figured there was probably some rule against altering the sticker or some other ridiculous thing.  So now I've just gotten a new OR back for my truck and there's a sticker there.  But not only is this sticker large, it's not just a date now.  It has some fancy holographic strip on it, for counterfeit protection I guess, the LTO seal, a very small reminder to wear your seatbelt, and it says "EMERGENCY DIAL 117 PRIVATE."  Now, as wonderful as this is The "2018" the sticker number, and another LTO seal are on the other side of the sticker.  So I'm guessing this doesn't go on the plate like the old stickers?  I'm guessing it goes in the front window somewhere.  Anyone know if there are any rules on the placement?

Woolf

top right side inside windscreen

• Like 3

A_Simple_Man
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I'm guessing it goes in the front window somewhere.  Anyone know if there are any rules on the placement?

Well it would be hard to do that as the peel and stick side is meant to be on a transparent surface.  ?

As Woolf already said, top right of windshield.  I can barely see mine through the tint but its there.

to_dave007
9 hours ago, Woolf said:

I THINK you are supposed to leave the entire collection of stickers there..  but after a few years it starts to obscure the view, so I try to keep just the last 3 to 5 years. 

SmokyMtnRon

I just keep mine in the glove box with the copy of OR and CR

• Like 1

RogerDat

The enforcer on Mactan flagged  me down because I did not have a sticker for 2018 last month, still do not have one, he let me go after seeing I was registered for 2018, but w2as still a delay and he could have been a bitch about it, so if you have a sticker, you should put it where it goes to save hassle.

billy
3 hours ago, RogerDat said:

The enforcer on Mactan flagged  me down because I did not have a sticker for 2018 last month, still do not have one, he let me go after seeing I was registered for 2018, but w2as still a delay and he could have been a bitch about it, so if you have a sticker, you should put it where it goes to save hassle.

What for three years no new plate or stickers how dare they pull me over when it's there f up

Jack Rat
On 8/16/2018 at 8:18 PM, Woolf said:

Mine is top left windscreen never had a problem....

Woolf

the dealer put it top right on my van

I prefer to have it top right, that is where it blocks my view less

Jack Rat
3 minutes ago, Woolf said:

the dealer put it top right on my van

I prefer to have it top right, that is where it blocks my view less

That makes sense, but I have other stickers including my subdivision entrance sticker etc on the right side. Don't think it really matters left or right.

Woolf
2 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

That makes sense, but I have other stickers including my subdivision entrance sticker etc on the right side. Don't think it really matters left or right.

my subdivision sticker is on the sun visor, when I park anywhere in town I always push the visor up

I do not want to tell anybody where I live

coming to the guard  at subdivision, I pull visor down

A_Simple_Man
12 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

Don't think it really matters left or right.

LTO told me top right so does it matter?  What did they tell you?

Jack Rat
32 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

LTO told me top right so does it matter?  What did they tell you?

I am my own man I put it where I want, of course as long as it is visible!!  lol