Sign in to follow this  
softail

How I was locked up in hellhole then exiled from family

Headshot

The moral of the story: "If you bend the law in a foreign country, you should expect to pay the consequences."

This guy broke the law and now (way too late) he understands what that has cost him ... but he still thinks he can somehow make it seem like he did nothing wrong. He has nobody to blame but himself.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 4

Jack Rat
12 hours ago, Janneo said:

From the link Irenicus posted :

The guy had overstayed 3 years when he got detained for overstaying and working without work permit, which he calls "2 small matters".

Seems he is blaming everyone but himself. No compassion from me.

I think there is an other side to the story he is not telling us, it seems the guy is a complete loser, send him home.

• Like 1

JamesMusslewhite

In the decade I have lived here associating with a plefera of expats who are more akin to human-Lemmings, and the years reading of the hardships and legal woes written by or posted of knot-headed expats. I noticed two primary commonalities:

a.) most are self-inflicted.

b) they are usually reported as being the result of someone else. .

• Like 6

HTM
1 hour ago, Jack Rat said:

I think there is an other side to the story he is not telling us, it seems the guy is a complete loser, send him home.

He got home to US

Jack Rat
1 hour ago, HTM said:

He got home to US

What this idiot failed to comprehend at the time is that a foreigner shouldn't interfere in local politics. Hopefully this is a lesson to others with the same intent..

MickyG

despite his articles making accusations of dishonesty by the prison guards he  may, if he really does care about his alleged child stop, think and do something positive.

Write to the BI and apologies for being in contravention of the law and accepting that ignorance of the law does not excuse him. 

Ask the BI how much he needs to pay with OR to clear any financial liability and pay it. He should not be dumb enough to make this a conditional payment!!

Once cleared he can then write a grovelling letter requesting that they lift their ban on him as he would like to visit his daughter.

He may have to rinse and repeat the last request to get an approval

• Like 2

HTM

Overstay for 3+ years, BI offer him to pay 350k and he can go, but no better stay there and cry online.

You can't fix stupid!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

royman
4 minutes ago, MickyG said:

despite his articles making accusations of dishonesty by the prison guards he  may, if he really does care about his alleged child stop, think and do something positive.

Write to the BI and apologies for being in contravention of the law and accepting that ignorance of the law does not excuse him. 

Ask the BI how much he needs to pay with OR to clear any financial liability and pay it. He should not be dumb enough to make this a conditional payment!!

Once cleared he can then write a grovelling letter requesting that they lift their ban on him as he would like to visit his daughter.

He may have to rinse and repeat the last request to get an approval

Could he not appeal to the courts of human rights  that his daughter is being denied her father?

• Haha 2

HTM
5 minutes ago, MickyG said:

From his FB it doesn't seem like his daughter longer is a big focus, only when he wants people to feel sorry for him and maybe donate for helping him?....

HTM
3 minutes ago, royman said:

Could he not appeal to the courts of human rights  that his daughter is being denied her father?

Don't think that's a solution. He is free to c her, only not in the Philippines. Singapore or Hong Kong.. Or he cud pay for the mother to bring the kid to Cambodia when he was there for fun...

• Like 1

smokey
32 minutes ago, royman said:

Only works in us. Move to Cambodia or thailand or viet nam 

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1

MickyG
2 hours ago, HTM said:

Overstay for 3+ years, BI offer him to pay 350k and he can go, but no better stay there and cry online.

You can't fix stupid!

I find it hard to believe that the BI have calculated that fee level for 3 years over stay. even if they did the math as a tourist visa it does not come to anywhere close to that even of they doubled the figure as a penalty.  The BI will not cover a fee for working that is DOLE and I cannot see that they would do demand this either.

How many times have we sen post on here about the overstay being paid with an apology and its carry on as usual.  Yes the guy is a dickyhead I suspect he has exaggerated the costs of putting this right which makes him even dumber.

HTM
26 minutes ago, MickyG said:

How many times have we sen post on here about the overstay being paid with an apology and its carry on as usual.

Yes, but they have not bn overstay for 3+ years and got "arrested" by BI.  After all this, you think the cost only "normal"  overstay fee?  Not mix this case up whid someone "voluntarily" go to BI and try to fix it. 

• Like 1

smokey

The whole fee to stay is counter productive to bad they dont arrest overstayers in usa and charge them most foreigners who come here spent times 10 of most so foreigners are a good thing