Sign in to follow this  
bkb1

Expat's Homes Targeted in San Carlos City

bkb1

Just a heads up, In San Carlos City, at about 10 am Tuesday in broad daylight, 3 separate foreigners homes  in the same subdivision were broken into and robbed in the space of an hour. They rip the lock off the gate, pry open the doors and seem to be looking for only small items, cash, jewelry and laptops. Keep your eyes open for strangers hanging in the area when you leave your home.

Hey moderator, why does my content have to be approved before it gets posted? never seen that before...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Salty Dog
7 minutes ago, bkb1 said:

… Hey moderator, why does my content have to be approved before it gets posted? never seen that before...

I'm not sure. Usually it's because there is a word or link in a post that's on a list of unacceptable terms. In this case, I don't see any such words. I'll check the list. 

• Like 1

bkb1
1 minute ago, Salty Dog said:

I'm not sure. Usually it's because there is a word or link in a post that's on a list of unacceptable terms. In this case, I don't see any such words. I'll check the list. 

Thanks...

Goetz1965

If I lived there and had a dog ... I would cut the dogs rations and get him hungry ...

• Like 1

musicman666
1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

If I lived there and had a dog ... I would cut the dogs rations and get him hungry ...

Just put down a big bowl of dog food and then get on with the robbery...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan
9 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Probably because he has a dog avatar.

3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Depending on their level of intelligence, they will probably move on to a different city.

jtmwatchbiz
11 hours ago, bkb1 said:

in the same subdivision

1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

they will probably move on to a different city.

was this incident in san carlos in the news?  many times the management of a subdivision will try to keep this sort of stuff under their hats and it won't be in the local news.  3 months ago there was daring night break ins of 3 homes in maria luisa where big value stuff was made off with while the occupants were asleep in their houses.  i didn't see a word about it in the news but one homeowner is a family friend, and tipped off other residents in similar high end subdivisions in this city to watch out.  the burglaries in the maria luisa instance were professional and the culprits were able to disable the security systems and cameras. 

there was also the huge series of jewelry heists 3 years ago that took place downtown where pawn shops and various high end dealers lost over 60 million pesos in merchandise and nothing in the news.  makes one wonder why and how this stuff gets hushed up.      

Salty Dog
14 hours ago, bkb1 said:

Hey moderator, why does my content have to be approved before it gets posted? never seen that before...

For some reason, all new Threads in this forum required approval.

I've removed the requirement.

smokey

we heard rumors of a guy who claimed he could climb anything and was going to hit a very tall house in vista .... hummmm  but as fate would have it he was shot during a drug raid  a few days later so we never got to find out if it was our house side note... we do have a set of qube camera set up and I know camera will never prevent a burglary but then sure narrows down the people your looking for ////////////  as to qube we now have a complete set up 8 camera installed cost 45.000 peso plus 20 peso a meter for cable of which we used 177 meters

Edited by smokey

RogerDat

When I got to Cebu in 2004, I noticed the iron bars 5 floors up in downtown Cebu, and wondered if spider man was real here. They come down from the top!

• Like 2

bkb1
12 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

was this incident in san carlos in the news?

It wasn't in the news that im aware of. After all it was only 3, 1/2  foreigner families that were robed. The subdivision is not gated with management, it is a new section that was added to brgy. 1 late 60's or early  70's.

it was bold to do the b+e's in daylight hours. My best guess is the shabo heads are hurting because of the 6 kilo bust in San Carlos a couple days ago. Must have driven the local prices up.

We have repaired and fortified the front gate and are in the process of installing a metal mesh gate on the front door.

I'm thankful my wife wasn't hurt, we lost about 700, 000.P all in. Lesson learned, hopefully something good will come out of this. I have been encouraging my wife to get her firearms license for a couple of years now and I hope this will give her some incentive. I told my wife when we got married that a big target is now on her back and she has to be more careful that the scum of the earth don't pursue...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RR3

My old GS is six years now. I just picked up a GS pup now three months. No break-ins. And a fantastic companion, member of family. 

• Like 2

smokey
10 hours ago, RogerDat said:

When I got to Cebu in 2004, I noticed the iron bars 5 floors up in downtown Cebu, and wondered if spider man was real here. They come down from the top!

I saw a guy climbing bamboo scaffold 5 stories 

to_dave007

Got burgled in London in 1978 in the basement South Kensington flat my first wife and I had rented. Thief climbed 4 floors down the drain pipe into 10" by 10' courtyard at back, to break through the window there.  Getting out was easier.  He put on my shoes, and carried my suitcase out the front door with his loot.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Headshot
8 hours ago, bkb1 said:

It wasn't in the news that im aware of. After all it was only 3, 1/2  foreigner families that were robed. The subdivision is not gated with management, it is a new section that was added to brgy. 1 late 60's or early  70's.

it was bold to do the b+e's in daylight hours. My best guess is the shabo heads are hurting because of the 6 kilo bust in San Carlos a couple days ago. Must have driven the local prices up.

We have repaired and fortified the front gate and are in the process of installing a metal mesh gate on the front door.

I'm thankful my wife wasn't hurt, we lost about 700, 000.P all in. Lesson learned, hopefully something good will come out of this. I have been encouraging my wife to get her firearms license for a couple of years now and I hope this will give her some incentive. I told my wife when we got married that a big target is now on her back and she has to be more careful that the scum of the earth don't pursue...

You didn't say in the OP that you were one of the three who were burglarized. Was anybody home at any of these houses? If not, and if your wife owned a gun, then the gun would have been one of the things that they took. Better to just make the house more secure. Installing motion sensors and an alarm (that can be heard throughout the neighborhood) might help as well as installing security doors. Is the "metal mesh gate" you are installing made of wrought iron and lockable (with a padlock)? If not, they will just go right through it.