Sign in to follow this  
cookie47

Navigation Skills game

cookie47

I saw this on the BBC and thought you would like it. Not sure if its in the correct category,move if needed..

My wife doesn't drive, Point blank refused in Australia. I just got over it eventually but living in the outback its really essential. The only problem was she would argue with the sat NAV, frustrating but comical. Enjoy the good read...

The unpleasant reason men navigate better than women - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45134809

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

KID
27 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

she would argue with the sat NAV,

So,I do and I am almost always correct :)

The Tom twins are idiots

Edited by KID
  • Like 1

cookie47
So,I do and I am almost always correct
Yes very true, there still not the most reliable pieces of technology.

KID
18 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yes very true, there still not the most reliable pieces of technology.

leaving out of my house old man Tom or his friend on my phone  almost always try to send me to an expressway  18 blocks thru city traffic  to go anywhere, when my home sits 3 blocks from a highway on-ramp 

Edited by KID

to_dave007

Each of my kids around age 10 or 12 has received some rather tough navigation lessons, which has consisted of driving some distance from home, then making them the navigator to find our way back home.  Have done the same even hundreds of miles from home while on vacation.  Then when back home we study some maps to see where they went wrong.

I still prefer maps that don't talk.  The kids are spilt on the subject.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

cookie47
Each of my kids around age 10 or 12 has received some rather tough navigation lessons, which has consisted of driving some distance from home, then making them the navigator to find our way back home.  Have done the same even hundreds of miles from home while on vacation.  Then when back home we study some maps to see where they went wrong.
I still prefer maps that don't talk.  The kids are spilt on the subject.
Good to see that you are teaching life skills (rather than computer games) . I/we don't have children, my wife stopped being capable much earlier than usual. Living in the Australian Goldfields working on a cattle station for 3 years taught me a lot BUT, the vast expanse of Mulga trees that look so much alike in flat country could and do easily get you disoriented. Every year without fail a prospector went missing with vast police resources used to find him/them.. I/we always carried a Garmin 6 series hand held GPS and spare batteries before we went "off track"

cookie47

I'm absolutely a map person.
I've downloaded sooo many maps/gps programs from the app store and for sure some are very good HEMA in particular. However i can sit and look at a map for Hours, (i need therapy according to my wife).. But that's me.

• Like 1

KID
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

she would argue with the sat NAV,

Download the sexy voice and talk back to her and see what happens :)

• Like 1

cookie47
Download the sexy voice and talk back to her and see what happens
That's a good idea. I accually changed the voice one day to a man.
The wife said "I don't like him he's dull", so back to "That bloody woman" heeehe