Jump to content
Soupeod

Living in Cebu City as a Foreigner - FinnSnow Vlogs

Recommended Posts

Dafey
36 minutes ago, royman said:

 

Maybe they are grumpy because they have lived in the P'pines for too long and picked up the habit of making the good guy the bad guy.

Actually I think it's a jealousy thing! I'm an old fart like a lot of the negative Nellies here and I'm jealous as hell that this kid has the world by the balls and is living it up. His job is to travel around the Philippines and make videos that peeps subscribe to and he makes a good living doing that...Hell yeah I'm jealous! But...at the same time I like his uplifting spirit and positive perspective. Is the Philippines perfect? No way but he's not here to report on the negative...not his 'job'.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
royman
23 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Actually I think it's a jealousy thing! I'm an old fart like a lot of the negative Nellies here and I'm jealous as hell that this kid has the world by the balls and is living it up. His job is to travel around the Philippines and make videos that peeps subscribe to and he makes a good living doing that...Hell yeah I'm jealous! But...at the same time I like his uplifting spirit and positive perspective. Is the Philippines perfect? No way but he's not here to report on the negative...not his 'job'.

Well said....the kid is doing fine and enjoying his life. Great to see his video on the school building...will the pathetic negative Nellies  find something negative to slug him for on that?

Edited by royman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GBT62

I subscribe to a lot of 'tubers ( Philippine Dreams, Kyle Jennermann, The Travelling Klatt , Wil Dasovich Suits to Shorts, ....etc) - and Finn included - and get a lot of useful tips on where to travel to, as well as plenty of time wasted on many "American/Australian/someone tries Jollibee for the first time " etc ?

But that particular Finn Vlogg was more like a " B Side"  - like he posted the outtakes by mistake ?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
17 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

Kyle Jennermann

Was in Gaisanos the other day and he has an endorsement and photo on a line of luggage and backpacks!  Wonder how many of the Naysayers have a contract as a spokesman?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salty Dog
37 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Was in Gaisanos the other day and he has an endorsement and photo on a line of luggage and backpacks!  Wonder how many of the Naysayers have a contract as a spokesman?

You're now a spokesman for the largest and most popular Living In Cebu Forums...:thumbsup:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
3 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

You're now a spokesman for the largest and most popular Living In Cebu Forums...:thumbsup:

Yeah...but this guy actually gets paid :banghead:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onemoretry

Just an update to the grumpy guys and yeah for the rest that support good things that can make good too... I support the project just because I saw it on his vlog so... I dont love him but he sure better then the haters here that not made me sponsor anything..

Love the work and hope more follow

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
royman
3 hours ago, onemoretry said:

Just an update to the grumpy guys and yeah for the rest that support good things that can make good too... I support the project just because I saw it on his vlog so... I dont love him but he sure better then the haters here that not made me sponsor anything..

Love the work and hope more follow

 

 

Good point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond
7 hours ago, onemoretry said:

I dont love him but he sure better then the haters here that not made me sponsor anything..

So you didn't have any desire to help sponsor the medical treatment for the little girl dying of cancer that the "grumpy" members of LinC sponsored?

All I am saying is that you can get your point across without attacking other members because of their opinions.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
royman
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

So you didn't have any desire to help sponsor the medical treatment for the little girl dying of cancer that the "grumpy" members of LinC sponsored?

All I am saying is that you can get your point across without attacking other members because of their opinions.

did she survive?

did all members donate?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond
2 minutes ago, royman said:

did she survive?

yes, last I heard

3 minutes ago, royman said:

did all members donate?

No, it was a voluntary thing

My comment was made as a polite request not to personally attack other members. Maybe it wasn't direct enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
royman
6 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

yes, last I heard

No, it was a voluntary thing

My comment was made as a polite request not to personally attack other members. Maybe it wasn't direct enough.

That's great she survived.....well done guys for helping her 

Maybe he didn't want to volunteer a payment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond
1 minute ago, royman said:

Maybe he didn't want to volunteer a payment

As I said that really wasn't the point. The point to him was don't attack other members for not conforming to his standards of charity. We must not get into personal attacks on the site.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
8 hours ago, onemoretry said:

. I dont love him but he sure better then the haters here that not made me sponsor anything..

Love the work and hope more follow

Sponsor or contribute in direct ways rather than hope their money goes where it should?

Most here in stable relationships do - just don't post vids - some examples of what members have provided to those not part of their family group.

Fans / lights / electrical wiring for local small chapel that had none

Fan for  local granny whose old one bit the dust

Ice cream/balloons/candy for kids at local festival cause there wasn't enough money

Buy food / clothes  for the mentally challenged guy who goes from house to house

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
royman
10 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Sponsor or contribute in direct ways rather than hope their money goes where it should?

Most here in stable relationships do - just don't post vids - some examples of what members have provided to those not part of their family group.

Fans / lights / electrical wiring for local small chapel that had none

Fan for  local granny whose old one bit the dust

Ice cream/balloons/candy for kids at local festival cause there wasn't enough money

Buy food / clothes  for the mentally challenged guy who goes from house to house

Plus feeding kids in Fuente Circle

Buying a one legged man new crutches as he only had a stick

Buying 50k's rice and splitting it into 25 x 2kgs and adding noodle and sardines and handing them out in a slum area at xmas

Free English Lessons to kids

Taking a starving kid into Jollibee cos 4 fat nuns waved him away when he knocked on the window with his hand out whilst they ate

Taking 2 girls into Jollibee who were selling plastic bracelets out side...had 2 pcs of chicken and rice each...ate 1 chicken piece and some rice then folded up the boxes to take home to family

 

Edited by royman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..